Car Demolition Clicker Trophy Guide

TheDblTap

Just got the platinum for this today. I started it a few days ago after seeing the trophy list and thinking it would just take 5-8 hours tops.

In reality, it takes about 15-20 hours depending on how well you manage the Diamonds you earn. I wish I'd had a trophy guide when I started so I knew what to look out for, because everytime I thought I had enough diamonds another weapon came along with an even more ridiculous Diamond requirement. 

Either way, after some frustration, I finally made it to the end. For an idle clicker it sure felt like a lot of work. 

Here's the trophy guide I wish I had before I started, which I wrote as I played, during the lulls where the drones were doing all the work for me: 

https://platget.com/guides/car-demolition-clicker-trophy-guide/

If you're interested to know more about my experience, I have a platinum review as well, just detailing the Platinum Journey and the challenges I faced:

https://platget.com/reviews/car-demolition-clicker-platinum-review/

I hope they come in handy!

Have a great week ahead :)

• Like 3

Yeah, I definitely recommend that if you plan on getting the platinum in this, you do not spend any Diamonds at all until you're ready to go for the Final Weapon trophy. In fact, I wouldn't really even both leveling up weapons past the point where they start costing Diamonds, as it just makes things longer in the end. The Drones are going to be your best bet to build up money, since you have three of them going at once and they are going to output more money than weapons sometimes can (outside of maybe the automatic weapons, since you don't have to mash).

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Akimitsu782 said:

Yeah, I definitely recommend that if you plan on getting the platinum in this, you do not spend any Diamonds at all until you're ready to go for the Final Weapon trophy. In fact, I wouldn't really even both leveling up weapons past the point where they start costing Diamonds, as it just makes things longer in the end. The Drones are going to be your best bet to build up money, since you have three of them going at once and they are going to output more money than weapons sometimes can (outside of maybe the automatic weapons, since you don't have to mash).

Completely agree. My platinum journey was about 5 hours longer than it should have been because I had no idea how many Diamonds I would need at the start of my run.

25 minutes ago, Lightsp33d1987 said:

A lot of the times i don't get any diamonds are they just a chance to drop or something?

Yeah, every time you beat a boss you have a chance of 1-3 diamonds. In my experience farming them, it was more common that you'd get 2 than anything else, but there were some really long stints where I wouldn't get any at all for a few runs.

Yeah, Diamonds have a chance to drop from any of the bosses at the end of a stage. The best stage to grind for Diamonds is probably the final Proving Grounds one, since there's only a few regular vehicles to destroy before you get to the boss. Once you have boosted your Drones up high enough, they should easily take out everything on that stage within a minute or so, including the boss. I have always gotten 0-2 Diamonds on that stage, plus you're getting six kills every time you finish it, too. I just wish there was a way to continually redo the stage without having to manually select it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Akimitsu782 said:

Yeah, Diamonds have a chance to drop from any of the bosses at the end of a stage. The best stage to grind for Diamonds is probably the final Proving Grounds one, since there's only a few regular vehicles to destroy before you get to the boss. Once you have boosted your Drones up high enough, they should easily take out everything on that stage within a minute or so, including the boss. I have always gotten 0-2 Diamonds on that stage, plus you're getting six kills every time you finish it, too. I just wish there was a way to continually redo the stage without having to manually select it.

Yeah, this is how I did it, too :)

That Proving Grounds stage takes 30 seconds with 4-gun drones (I timed it) and can easily get as quick as 20 seconds depending on how long you end up having to farm it. 

It helps to know that every 10 times you run it, that's 60 cars which converts into 6 diamonds, so keep an eye on how many cars you've destroyed too. 

I had 1,250 destroyed cars and 310 diamonds when I did my final reset, giving me the 435 diamonds needed.

10 minutes ago, Lightsp33d1987 said:

I ran proving grounds 5 times in a row and got 0 diamonds then 6th time i got 1 diamond then 4 runs after that 0 diamonds, So for me so far diamond runs really suck hardly getting any at all.

It's just like that sometimes, sadly. 

Other times you'll get 2 every time for a few turns. RNG strikes again.

Once your drones are powerful enough to plow through the stage in a few seconds you can just stick something on YouTube or Netflix and select the stage again every time it ends. 

You'll probably have to do it for a few hours, I know I did.

Yep, the Diamonds are pure RNG, sadly. There was one time where I didn't get any Diamonds for like 5-6 stages. Also, as mentioned, keep an eye out for the number of cars destroyed, too. Once you get to a total of like 435 or so, do a final reset, pick the faction that halves weapon cost, then quickly run through until you manage to get the trophy. You should have all other trophies before this one, so the final weapon will likely be your last before the platinum.

• 4 months later...

i really enjoyed this game its something ive never played before. 

my advice is get rid of the first 2 factions as fast as possible(after their needed 50 kill trophy etc). i made the mistake of using my first faction and spending a entire day using them and wasnt able to kill darkside no matter how op my drones were. it wasnt until i got to the 3rd faction and did all that work over again to buff everything up and get my gun to the second to last upgrade that i was able to kill him. might as well not even bother farming diamonds until the 3rd faction. it did seem though the diamonds i spent on weapons, those weapons cost 0 in my next faction so that was good. and i carried over 100 diamonds. the grind for diamonds is ridiculous but not as bad as other game grinds. i did full drone upgrade trophy on my first faction, but i would get that regardless on my 3rd because you have to beef up everything anyways in order to make money to buy weapon upgrades. 

Edited by melodicmizery

• 9 months later...