Is the game still broken?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 16/04/2021 at 11:03 PM, Aeternull said:

Any update on this?

I've just started playing and so far I've had two crashes. No corrupted saves yet but I'll have to make manual saves more frequently as the game only seems to autosave when entering a new area. I'm not too concerned yet, but for anyone on the fence I'd recommend waiting for a sale. There's a number of sites like, https://psprices.com, that can send you email notifications when a game goes on sale.

Edit: Second play session had zero crashes.

Edited by bikeman223
  • Like 2

On 27/05/2021 at 8:48 AM, bikeman223 said:

I've just started playing and so far I've had two crashes. No corrupted saves yet but I'll have to make manual saves more frequently as the game only seems to autosave when entering a new area. I'm not too concerned yet, but for anyone on the fence I'd recommend waiting for a sale. There's a number of sites like, https://psprices.com, that can send you email notifications when a game goes on sale.

Edit: Second play session had zero crashes.

Thank you I'll order the game soon :)

11 hours ago, ilantal321 said:

Thank you I'll order the game soon :)

Just as another note I still get seemingly unpredictable crashes, though switching to the deck of my ship from the world map seems to commonly give a map load error. Sometimes the audio bugs out playing dungeon or wave sounds constantly and I have to restart the game to fix it. There was also another glitch where Aloth appeared in maps, battles and conversations despite not being in my party. So in general the game still has the odd bug but nothing that can't be fixed by reloading so make sure to keep an extra save slot just in case. Additionally, you can sell stacks of items in your inventory by holding down the X button. I found that out by accident and it really does save time when you don't have to drag items from your inventory to the merchants.

Edited by bikeman223
  • Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I plat this yesterday in 2023, it's still rather buggy and loading is a major hinderance on a PS4 Pro. I watched Youtube videos and read a book while it was loading, it may be better to play this on a PS5 instead as I assume it runs better. The game crashed a fair amount of times as well, a few notable glitches such as party members getting stuck in the background and map icons in towns not working (fixed by switching characters and a reload) 

Underneath all that, it's a pretty decent, indepth CRPG.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Playing this on the PS5 is great, really cuts down on those loading screens. I only had 2 crashes, and 3 reboots needed due to UI bugs. Zero save or trophy issues, so I'd recommend this RPG to anyone that can play it on the PS5. Plenty of good voice acting, and some choices can be made that lead to some good laughs. Helping out the skull I was carrying at the end of the DLC....hahaha

I had to finish the game on PS4, and the loading screens there(and a few times where the game slows down during battle) makes it a bit harder to recommend...but I wouldn't say the game is broken anymore.

11 hours ago, ThatDrunkGuy said:

Playing this on the PS5 is great, really cuts down on those loading screens. I only had 2 crashes, and 3 reboots needed due to UI bugs. Zero save or trophy issues, so I'd recommend this RPG to anyone that can play it on the PS5. Plenty of good voice acting, and some choices can be made that lead to some good laughs. Helping out the skull I was carrying at the end of the DLC....hahaha

I had to finish the game on PS4, and the loading screens there(and a few times where the game slows down during battle) makes it a bit harder to recommend...but I wouldn't say the game is broken anymore.

Unfortunately I can't say the same. I played the game on PS5 from start to finish, and wow was this game annoying at times! I got plenty of bugs and crashes throughout the game, even two corrupted saves (even though they aren't anything to worry about too much since the game autosaves after entering an area, so you can just reload the previous save).

The bugs I encountered:
- not being able to enter a house/cave/area because the icon to travel disappeared as soon as I went near it
- the cursor being permanently stuck on a party member, so everytime I wanted to interact with anything, I started talking to the party member
- the cursor not interacting with the correct icon (clicking on a lootable box next to me, and my party walks to the other end of the map because the game thought I clicked on something there instead of something next to me)
- a sound-loop bug after an event, I had to completely close the game to get rid of it
- a task in the Beast of Winter DLC was bugged to the point you can't complete it if you're doing the necessary steps for the quest before accepting the quest
- some invisible NPCs, and dead enemy NPCs talking to me as if they're still alive

I can't say I didn't enjoy the game somewhat, but the first one was miles better and didn't have that many problems (when I played it on PS5 at least)

7 hours ago, PraiseTheFluppi said:

Unfortunately I can't say the same. I played the game on PS5 from start to finish, and wow was this game annoying at times! I got plenty of bugs and crashes throughout the game, even two corrupted saves (even though they aren't anything to worry about too much since the game autosaves after entering an area, so you can just reload the previous save).

The bugs I encountered:
- not being able to enter a house/cave/area because the icon to travel disappeared as soon as I went near it
- the cursor being permanently stuck on a party member, so everytime I wanted to interact with anything, I started talking to the party member
- the cursor not interacting with the correct icon (clicking on a lootable box next to me, and my party walks to the other end of the map because the game thought I clicked on something there instead of something next to me)
- a sound-loop bug after an event, I had to completely close the game to get rid of it
- a task in the Beast of Winter DLC was bugged to the point you can't complete it if you're doing the necessary steps for the quest before accepting the quest
- some invisible NPCs, and dead enemy NPCs talking to me as if they're still alive

I can't say I didn't enjoy the game somewhat, but the first one was miles better and didn't have that many problems (when I played it on PS5 at least)

That's a bummer, I'll consider myself lucky then. I did experience the sound loop issue and two occasions where the cursor went missing...that was my 3 reboots. My 2 crashes were at sea, so no corrupted saves. I played in real-time mode, and rarely used triangle to bring up a cursor unless I needed it to get an out of reach item. Also, I never went over 10 save files...cleaned that up as I went along.