Platinum Rarity

Rasmus32100

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2021 at 8:43 PM, Rasmus32100 said:

What makes this platinum 4%?

The game offers a slight challenge with impossible and norestart, but they are nowhere near hard enough to push the trophy into ultra rare

Hard to know what does and doesn't constitute an "Ultra rare" difficulty, but I feel like this one is probably more of a "very rare", I feel like it lines up with some of my other 5-10% plats. Norestart is the only trophy imo that would prevent someone from getting plat, the speedruns are not demanding at all. 

Edited by The_Real_T-Bomb

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2021 at 7:43 PM, Rasmus32100 said:

What makes this platinum 4%?

The game offers a slight challenge with impossible and norestart, but they are nowhere near hard enough to push the trophy into ultra rare

Id guess since it grew to be this popular game that everyone had seen they’re favorite creatures play, most people probably bought it, had there fun and moved on, I played it on a weekend where I was sick and had no troubles doing it.

• 1 year later...
On 5/3/2023 at 11:38 PM, whirring_ said:

PS plus

Actually, the platinum was almost two percent rarer (around 3% rarity) shortly before it came to PS+. It slowly became less rare in the following months. I believe it was around 4,55% rarity by the time I got the platinum in late October of 2022, and now it’s currently sitting at 4,74% rarity, at the time of writing this.

9 minutes ago, marco2001zecc said:

Actually, the platinum was almost two percent rarer (around 3% rarity) shortly before it came to PS+. It slowly became less rare in the following months. I believe it was around 4,55% rarity by the time I got the platinum in late October of 2022, and now it’s currently sitting at 4,74% rarity, at the time of writing this.

It was actually worse than that when I first attempted it, pretty sure it was <1% for a while, about on par with the VR version, which is crazy because VR platinums are always significantly rarer.

The only actual challenge in this game is the norestart challenge, but I know people aren't usually big fans of speedrunning trophies either (couldn't be me though). By the looks of things, this platinum won't be ultra rare for much longer anyway.