Game won’t install on ps5

Dwightsarmy14

I have now tried twice to download this game and it will fully download and I can open the game. Once I try to play the campaign though it says I have to wait for it to install and it’s stuck at 86%. I also get an error message on the download/upload section of the PS5 that says it can’t install. Has anyone else ran into this or have any ideas for how I could fix this? I have never had this happen before 

• 2 weeks later...

i did 100% the game on ps5 and got 2 freezes on my way to 100%, played the digital version with all DLCs. In your case i would try to delete the game and try to download it again, and only start playing after the game install all the way and not the minimal require to begin to play. If you are using the disc, after the install, the game is not really finished all the download, i would recommend you to wait a little bit 

10 hours ago, rwd1997 said:

i did 100% the game on ps5 and got 2 freezes on my way to 100%, played the digital version with all DLCs. In your case i would try to delete the game and try to download it again, and only start playing after the game install all the way and not the minimal require to begin to play. If you are using the disc, after the install, the game is not really finished all the download, i would recommend you to wait a little bit 

I was able to download it fully I just had to clear up some more space on the PS5. 

2 minutes ago, Dwightsarmy14 said:

I was able to download it fully I just had to clear up some more space on the PS5. 

Just a heads up but I've noticed this happening a fair few times when trying to install PS4 games onto the internal SSD. Sometimes it happens when fresh installing a game but more often than not it seems to happen most when an online only game receives an update. Sometimes it just wont install or will try to re-install the entire game with the patch.

The only fixes I have found to reliably work are to stop the patch and move it over to an external storage device, let it download the patch and then move it back to the SSD. If you dont want to do that, you can just keep restarting the console until it decides to work.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...