“Mastered” Save File

BGriff1986

Is there any way to get back into your existing game once your save file hits “mastered” status, or can it truly only be used to create a New Game + at that stage?

Was hoping to do some more prep-work before starting the NG+ grind but seems like I’m now essentially locked out

2 hours ago, BGriff1986 said:

Is there any way to get back into your existing game once your save file hits “mastered” status, or can it truly only be used to create a New Game + at that stage?

Was hoping to do some more prep-work before starting the NG+ grind but seems like I’m now essentially locked out

You get 2 prompts when you go to load your game, load with NG+ or load without. As odd as it's worded, you need to choose load without, that will take you back either to the RV or whichever save point you saved your game at last.

Loading with NG+ will go through the motions of starting a new game & even pop the the Merciless trophy if you select that difficulty but as the game doesn't autosave, you can still quit out.

As long as you don't press new game on the title screen or select load NG+ when pressing load, you won't start a NG, your save data is safe up until the point you save for the first time in NG+.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BGriff1986 said:

Ahh, so that other option takes you back into the save file as-was? I’d misread the options as “new game with +” or “new game without +”

Thanks!

Yeah, exactly that. It's definitely poorly worded but at least the game doesn't autosave so if anyone does accidentally pick the wrong option, their data is safe.

No worries, happy to help.

Hi guys, I've beaten the Reaper but don't have the option to load a New Game +. I've looked at Powerpyx and other guides which all say I should be able to load it now, but it just loads straight into the van. Any ideas?

Edit: ignore me, I hadn't "turned in" the request, idiot!

Edited by Wedjwants
  • Like 1