Uncharted 3 Gets 10/10 From IGN (Review Round Up)

I was expecting nothing less than a 9.5 but damn. I know Greg Miller is a bit of a PS3 fanboy but I don't care :). Can't wait for this game.

Other Reviews:

SFX - 5/5

GamePro - 5/5

EuroGamer - 8/10

BeingNerdy - 10/10

Joystiq - 4.5/5.0

XGN - 9.4/10

Metro - 9/10

The Telegraph - 4.5/5.0

Edge - 9/10

Giantbomb - 5/5

1UP - A

Videogamer - 9/10

OPM - 10/10

Games Radar - 9/10

Kevin Butler - 11/10

..lolwut? this is the third game ive seen IGN post the review for like a month early..this isnt out on ANY SYSTEM (since its PS3 only lol) until like mid-November...October hasnt ended yet :/.

im not complaining really...just wonder why they are getting the games so early these days.

...oh, and let's hope that barely any, IF any, of the people who work at IGN and can play this are platinum hunters...there goes first achiever list :lol:

..lolwut? this is the third game ive seen IGN post the review for like a month early..this isnt out on ANY SYSTEM (since its PS3 only lol) until like mid-November...October hasnt ended yet :/.

im not complaining really...just wonder why they are getting the games so early these days.

...oh, and let's hope that barely any, IF any, of the people who work at IGN and can play this are platinum hunters...there goes first achiever list :lol:

The dates that the reviewers are allowed to get their hands on review copies varies on the company. Basically, as soon as a game goes gold, reviewers can get their hands on it.

Also, Greg Miller is quite the trophy hunter.

I dunno'......I don't doubt that UC3 will be a good game, and it is the only "new release" I am actually planning on getting on or near release date, but I rarely listen to, nor take stock in anything a gaming site has to say about any game; especially before it has been released to the public.

I have seen so many games get over-hyped and turn out to be a dud, while those that get little to no recognition actually turn out to be the better game (overall, not based on sales). I could care less if a site gives a game a perfect 10 or a 0; I never let a site that is full of biases influence my decision to purchase or not purchase a game.

Now, an actual every-day gamer who has spent their hard-earned dollars on a game and who has actually played a game, to me, have far more credence and validity than a 100 so-called "professional" reviewers.

I dunno'......I don't doubt that UC3 will be a good game, and it is the only "new release" I am actually planning on getting on or near release date, but I rarely listen to, nor take stock in anything a gaming site has to say about any game; especially before it has been released to the public.

I have seen so many games get over-hyped and turn out to be a dud, while those that get little to no recognition actually turn out to be the better game (overall, not based on sales). I could care less if a site gives a game a perfect 10 or a 0; I never let a site that is full of biases influence my decision to purchase or not purchase a game.

Now, an actual every-day gamer who has spent their hard-earned dollars on a game and who has actually played a game, to me, have far more credence and validity than a 100 so-called "professional" reviewers.

Pretty standard stuff, every gamer should know this.

Pretty standard stuff, every gamer should know this.

Yes, every gamer should, but not all do.

There are more than a few games that I can think of that were so terribly blasted and destroyed by "professional critics/reviewers" that the games sales suffered due to it. That is a direct result of gamers relying 100% on such reviews.

The game comes out November 1st I believe, it's only like a week away.

I'm impressed personally. I love the series and I preordered this months ago, but I fully expected reviews for this to suffer from 'more of the same'-itis after the illustrious Uncharted 2. Looking forward to this more now than I already was.

Just watched the review for this on Gametrailers, pretty harsh on certain aspects of the game (linear, short, unspectacular enemies and AI, multiplayer doesn't break too much ground outside of level design)... yet it still got a 9.5. The excellent writing, acting and presentation must've really bumped it up.

pretty harsh on certain aspects of the game (linear, short, multiplayer doesn't break too much ground outside of level design)

See that bolded and underlined word in the quote above. THAT is what concerns me the most.

It seems as if the bulk of all conversations for and about UC3 (by the Devs and other sites) have been about online play; and I have a funny feeling that ND may have taken one of the best games, especially when it comes to SP campaigns, and have cheapened and shortened it in favor of more online play.

I hope to am wrong, but I just have a funny feeling.

See that bolded and underlined word in the quote above. THAT is what concerns me the most.

It seems as if the bulk of all conversations for and about UC3 (by the Devs and other sites) have been about online play; and I have a funny feeling that ND may have taken one of the best games, especially when it comes to SP campaigns, and have cheapened and shortened it in favor of more online play.

I hope to am wrong, but I just have a funny feeling.

None of the Uncharted games have been particularly long though. 8-10 hours sounds about right, especially if you have some clue what your doing. Don't tell me you're one of those 'once multiplayer gets tacked on, the single player immediately suffers' kinda guys, Uncharted 2 proved that wrong. :P

Don't tell me you're one of those 'once multiplayer gets tacked on, the single player immediately suffers' kinda guys, Uncharted 2 proved that wrong. :P

No, not at all...but as I stated, the majority of talk about UC3 has been in regards to online play, and very little about the SP campaign. THAT is what has me concerned, not the fact that is has online per se.

And IMHO, UC2 online (other than the co-op) was to me piss-poor.

No, not at all...but as I stated, the majority of talk about UC3 has been in regards to online play, and very little about the SP campaign. THAT is what has me concerned, not the fact that is has online per se.

The SP campaign doesn't need talk, it has two excellent predecessors that do the talking for it.

But that's the optimist in me peeking out. ;)

The SP campaign doesn't need talk, it has two excellent predecessors that do the talking for it.

But that's the optimist in me peeking out. ;)

I really hope I can say you are right and I am wrong, I honestly do. To me, the Uncharted SP campaigns have been among my favorites, I just hope they haven't messed them about in favor of more online is all.

I really hope I can say you are right and I am wrong, I honestly do. To me, the Uncharted SP campaigns have been among my favorites, I just hope they haven't messed them about in favor of more online is all.

I dunno, I have confidence it'll be the Uncharted we all know and love. It's a formula Naughty Dog seems to have down at this point and no video or review I've watched yet would indicate otherwise.

There's something to be said about going into a game with the right state of mind too. If you expect something to be inferior to it's predecessors (in these cases, typically because people are disillusioned by the inclusion or attention given to multiplayer), odds are it will suck to you... whether it's actually good or not. Outside of certain developer interviews... where let's face it, the multiplayer needs all the talking up it can get... there's no reason to believe the single player won't be a grand ol' time. So why put a damper on it before you even play? :)

There's something to be said about going into a game with the right state of mind too. If you expect something to be inferior to it's predecessors (in these cases, typically because people are disillusioned by the inclusion or attention given to multiplayer), odds are it will suck to you... whether it's actually good or not.

Believe me, if I wasn't in the "right state of mind" in regards to UC3, they wouldn't be getting $60 of my dollars. Hell, they wouldn't get $20 of my dollars if I thought a game would suck before I played it. ;)

Outside of certain developer interviews... where let's face it, the multiplayer needs all the talking up it can get...

Now see, with online becoming more and more prevalent, and SP campaigns seeming to take a back seat, I'd think just the opposite.

there's no reason to believe the single player won't be a grand ol' time. So why put a damper on it before you even play? :)

I am sure it will be, I just hope that ND sticks to their formula that they are known for rather than looking at the SP as an after-thought to the MP aspects of the game is all.

But I guess we won't really know until the 1st.

• 2 months later...

I definetly believe this game was worthy of a 10/10 (I am talking about the SP campaign, MP sucks) The story was amazing and the graphics were cutting edge. It is the best action-adventure/TPS of the year, not to mention, that IMO it is the best Uncharted ever!

• 1 year later...