Trophy Rarity Displayed for All Games in App

ShadeSplit

accurate... yes probably within itself (meaning all PSN users) but different from this site...

example:

Tales of Xillia Platinum 

PSNP is 8.3%

PS app is 1.6%

That's because most people who register their name on this site are trophy hunters otherwise they wouldn't be here.

That's because most people who register their name on this site are trophy hunters otherwise they wouldn't be here.

Yes i agree... what im saying is that the PS app is more accurate because it captures all PSN users not just those who are registered here on this site.

Im not sure exactly how it works but i think this site only calculates rarity based on how many people actually have played the game where the PS app calculates everyone no matter if they've played the game or not... both are right.... its all relative.

Yes i agree... what im saying is that the PS app is more accurate because it captures all PSN users not just those who are registered here on this site.

Im not sure exactly how it works but i think this site only calculates rarity based on how many people actually have played the game where the PS app calculates everyone no matter if they've played the game or not... both are right.... its all relative.

That is definitely not the case. Do you really think more than 77% of people that have a PSN ID have played LittleBigPlanet for the Vita? How about more than 50% having played Overlord II for the PS3? It's definitely only tracking those that have played the game.

• Like 1

That is definitely not the case. Do you really think more than 77% of people that have a PSN ID have played LittleBigPlanet for the Vita? How about more than 50% having played Overlord II for the PS3? It's definitely only tracking those that have played the game.

hold on... I don't "think" anything... im just trying to figure out why there is such a difference between this site and the PS app... the percentages are way different and im just trying to figure out why...

but you said "That is definitely not the case" but then you said "Its definitely only tracking those that have played the game."  and that was what i was trying to say so im a little confused i guess...

what i THINK you are saying is that the difference between this site and the app is that this site only calculates users on this site but they both calculate based on if you've played the game...  That makes sense.

hold on... I don't "think" anything... im just trying to figure out why there is such a difference between this site and the PS app... the percentages are way different and im just trying to figure out why...

but you said "That is definitely not the case" but then you said "Its definitely only tracking those that have played the game."  and that was what i was trying to say so im a little confused i guess...

what i THINK you are saying is that the difference between this site and the app is that this site only calculates users on this site but they both calculate based on if you've played the game...  That makes sense.

That's correct. The reason why all of the percentages on this site are higher is because it only tracks those IDs that have been added to the database. Whereas the PSN app uses all IDs, making it accurate. The IDs in the database on this site tend to be those of people that put more effort into earning trophies.

I don't understand how the rarity thing works, but I don't mind it either. Most of my plats are around 0.3% rare :)

It works the same way it does on any site that has a rarity number. These are just official numbers, so naturally they are all lower as they are including everyone that has played each game and not just certain people that have played each game.