Balans Bouts

AllanGronkjaer

You can exploit this by saving in the checkpoint next to the Balan golden hat. If you fail any move, close the game. Come back, go to the act you was and you'll appear in the last checkpoint but the challenge will be there to try again. No need to kill the boss to respawn.

Edited by regislc30
  • Like 4

On 2.4.2021 at 7:15 PM, regislc30 said:

You can exploit this by saving in the checkpoint next to the Balan golden hat. If you fail any move, close the game. Come back, go to the act you was and you'll appear in the last checkpoint but the challenge will be there to try again. No need to kill the boss to respawn.

Thanks mate youre a Life saver 

On 4/2/2021 at 1:15 PM, regislc30 said:

I tried that, and it didn't work for me. I started back at the beginning of the level

On 06/04/2021 at 1:45 PM, AllanGronkjaer said:

You have to go to World map from the checkpoint . Then save and go back in the World 

On 05/04/2021 at 9:03 AM, sealightbreeze said:

I tried that, and it didn't work for me. I started back at the beginning of the level

I forgot to tell this. You need to reach checkpoint, exit to hub and come back. 

• Like 2

On 4/10/2021 at 6:19 PM, AllanGronkjaer said:

also need info on how to breed the tims cause its not possible for me to separate them also b that you have to go back to level to get costumes if you lose them in act 3 is super annoyng for me

Agreed. I feel like they released an unfinished product or didn't put too much thought into it

• 3 months later...

Re Balans Bouts, what I found helped me breeze through these was watching the front tip area of his top hat, on the stationary Balan. As the shadow Balan drop down or rush across or launch up, I generally found this the most trustworthy area to watch and stand a chance of reliably timing it right. The only ones that seemed out of kilter is where he spins like Micheal Jackson into the stationary Balan. On those ones I found I had to hit counter intuitively a split second earlier than it felt was right to do so.

dont know if that ends up helping you too much, but hope it does. Good luck.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Sorry to bump an old thread but damn is this one that I always get a great on annoying me. It's the last pose he does before he shatters the crystal. It feels like they screwed up the sync on it or made the excellent window too small. Only on that particular QTE! And it's the last one I have left! Frustrating!

Edited by TechaNinja

On 4/27/2023 at 9:30 AM, TechaNinja said:

Sorry to bump an old thread but damn is this one that I always get a great on annoying me. It's the last pose he does before he shatters the crystal. It feels like they screwed up the sync on it or made the excellent window too small. Only on that particular QTE! And it's the last one I have left! Frustrating!

Yeah, I got the Trophy for all the Bouts today and some of them were extremely easy (first try), while a few of them took me literally hours to get. The timing seems to be wildly inconsistent. Sometimes I would press the button way after the shadow and Balan had merged and I would get Excellent. Others, Great. There's a spinning kick Balan does that I never, ever understood how it works. And, yeah, that pose with the right leg up was really weird. Sometimes I'd get it consistently, sometimes it would ruin my whole run and had to retry it again and again.

I was thinking of getting the Plat on both PS4 (what I'm playing) and PS5 versions of the game before it leaves PS+ Extra, but no. I won't go through the stupid Balan Bouts again. It's a pity, because the game may not be great (it may not be good, even), but it's not that bad. It has a fair number of shortcomings, but it's a pretty serviceable game in the end. And it has a ton of heart put into it... not necessarily in a good way, but I can't blame them for trying to do something they felt passionate about.

I know that this is a old forum but holy shit those balan bouts are annoying, do something wrong and you are basically screwed, meaning you have to play the whole map + boss and then you can try it again, its not that difficult to add a retry button, come on now.