Beyond Two Souls or The Last of Us?

MysticSparxman

Which is better?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better?

Platted both.

Found TLoU infinitely more enjoyable and emotional than Beyond. Beyond was trying to give you the feels before properly attaching you to the characters and, when it did, it was in a boring, Hollywood PG13 kind of way. On the other hand TLoU worked steadily to build attachment before tugging on those tear ducts by being mean to kittens and puppies and shooting kids in the face. 

Half a year ago, before The Last of Us and Beyond were released, I would've bet a lot of money that Beyond would be a much better game.  Heavy Rain was one of my top games of last generation (along with Red Dead Redemption).  I expected Beyond to be even better, and take spot #1.  I didn't even want to play The Last of Us, and was a little annoyed at ND for wasting time on some zombie crap, instead of giving us more Uncharted.  Boy - was I wrong.  I played the Last of Us first, and fell in love with the game.  It's gotten to the point, where I don't even want ND to make more Uncharted games - I want them to keep coming up with more games like The Last of Us.

After I platted TLoU, it was time to get into Beyond.  I knew that it's gotten low reviews, but I like to form my own opinion.  Sadly, the reviewers were right.  This game is not even in the same league as TLoU.  Beyond had all the ingredients to be an amazing game, but somehow it just all fell apart.  Heavy Rain was a much better game, both in terms of gameplay and story. 

Glad to see the vast majority of people consider TLoU to be a better game.  There really should be no question about that.

Hi everyone, 

I've seen both games and I love the look of them both and I would like to pick up ONE of them this week sometime. I'd like to know which game you might think is better, and I'd also like to know why you think what you do. 

I'm not going to vote in the poll, but I am going to put in my two cents: I played the demo for Beyond and I HATED the game play. I felt it extremely frustrating and unenjoyable. A few of my friends played the demo and came to the same conclusion as well.

Regarding TLoU, the campaign length is insanely long. The MP is incredibly fun, but I will be completely honest and say the game is overrated. Game play is poor. Jumping is pathetic in both campaign and especially in MP. My five year old niece can jump better. The MP, which is really addictive, is broken all over the place. Start the swing of your heavy melee before your opponent? Oh, nope. They down you instead. Welcome to TLoU. Drop a nail bomb to guard your safe in Interrogation? Nope, it glitched out. Welcome to TLoU. Wanting to shiv an opponent instead of reviving your teammate? Nope, every action is triangle. Welcome to TLoU. Throw a molotov pointblank at your feet to kill an unarmored opponent? Kills you, your opponent survives. Welcome to TLoU. I could go on. Like I said, the MP is fun and addictive, but broken as hell. And you'll probably want to replay the campaign more than once as well.

I bought both on pre-sale, as I wanted them soooo much (Love Uncharted, and loved Heavy Rain). 

I love the way the characters made me feel their emotions, Ellen Page is an excellent actress, she send on her feelings towards me, and I felt them like my own.

The beggining of TLOU was amazing though. I'm very emotional so I wanted to cry lol.

I can't compare those games because they're ENTIRELY different, different plot, storyline, gameplay, etc.

If you enjoy storyline, both are perfect in that aspect. If you want to feel emotions, both have their own; if you want to play and end a hard game, TLOU definitely it's your game; if you love stories, Beyond: Two Souls it's a perfect fit.

Both are great games, Beyond made me feel, TLOU made me playing like crazy, so I like both (I voted for The Last of Us because in some way it IS a little better).

Also, someone in this topic mentioned something about Beyond were very hyped, and that's the truth. TLOU were little hyped too, but it fulfilled everyone's expectations; I believe the problem with Beyond was that we gamers are more used to actually play, not being an spectator.

Lastly, I got nothing from Pre-Sale, and it was more expensive than TLOU and there I got my hoodie, my DLC and the game. TLOU were little hyped too, but it fulfilled everyone's expectations.