Blouge

I have a question. In my first playthrough (as Red), I recruited Rouge, and he became a real badass. Now, I'm playing Blue's story in NG+.

Without spoiling too much,

Spoiler

when you have a chance to play as Blue/Rouge at the end, if you pick Blue, does this wipe out the gains that Rouge had in Red's story? Must I play as Rouge to get access to those goodies?

Edited by starcrunch061

1 hour ago, sepheroithisgod said:

No, picking Blue does not affect Rouge in his scenario, however, picking Rouge will give him access to all of the spells in future playthroughs and buff his stats. None of this is really necessary, so feel free to play it as you see fit.

That's good news. Let me ask you another question: if I finish Blue's scenario twice, can I get both Blue and Rouge to have all spells?

Well, as it turns out, if you win as Blue, Rouge will still have all spells, and have his stats buffed. Actually, this worked out better for me; my Rouge in my first playthrough had more luck with his speed than my Blue in my second playthrough, and Rouge kept his speed, while still getting the 99 buff on Psychic and...whatever the other was.

For Light/Dark, Rune/Arcane, he also keeps all spells (even the ones that require the gift), but he loses the gift spells for Time and Space. I'll miss Overdrive, but I usually use Time Leap, anyway.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/29/2021 at 9:47 AM, starcrunch061 said:

For Light/Dark, Rune/Arcane, he also keeps all spells (even the ones that require the gift), but he loses the gift spells for Time and Space. I'll miss Overdrive, but I usually use Time Leap, anyway.

That's the point: The developers wanted to ensure that the only way you could do the Overdrive Glitch with DSC is by doing Blue's story to completion only. You can't do Pushing the Limits with Blue in Fuse's scenario as he won't have Overdrive. The only other character with the Time Gift is Time Lord and you can only recruit him, and being a mystic he can only learn magic, he can't use DSC. That would make Pushing the Limits far too easy. xD

Edited by winter_bird_22