Tips for the bestiary

Maitre

Their is no perfect solution but here is what i seem to have most success with so far.

Weapon : swift or crippling bow 

Pros: any bow is good for the no hit requirements. You can keep doging with this weapon type and hitting from farther away helps with dodging as long as you dont try to be too greedy and shoot too many arrows. Fully loaded bows always deal crits.

Cons: requires to be more careful stamina usage. You dont want to be stuck with no stamina when you need to dodge.

Relics:

-crit relics are very good since fully loaded shots are always crits.

-greed kills are not too hard to pull with bows since you can also shoot normal shots across the screen to keep the timer running and its easier to not get hit, so corruption removal from greed kills is good.

• Like 1

My best tip for Bestiary is that the third area has enemies that only spawn there and you will get one special elite on the third area of a run.  I recommend pathing through as many weapon upgrade + weapon rooms in the last area and also saving at the start of each room and uploading to cloud to save yourself from bad RNG and getting the wrong enemy.

• 2 weeks later...

Well it seems killing Clovis 5 times with no hits is going to be my bigest challenge. So far i got him once on a run with a lot of psplus "savescummimg". And it took me around 120 tries. It's doable but a bit disheartening.

On 5/20/2021 at 8:13 AM, Maitre said:

Well it seems killing Clovis 5 times with no hits is going to be my bigest challenge. So far i got him once on a run with a lot of psplus "savescummimg". And it took me around 120 tries. It's doable but a bit disheartening.

It gets easier took me easily over 100 attempts to get him then my next tries didn't take more than 15-20 tries each and then I accidently no hit him a 6th time on my first try when farming elites.  You will get better and better and it will take less attempts each time.  The key is to take a break when getting tilted it helps a ton.

• 6 months later...
On 2021-05-27 at 2:45 PM, iGGTheEnd said:

It gets easier took me easily over 100 attempts to get him then my next tries didn't take more than 15-20 tries each and then I accidently no hit him a 6th time on my first try when farming elites.  You will get better and better and it will take less attempts each time.  The key is to take a break when getting tilted it helps a ton.

Tips on your build for those runs might help other fellow players

• 1 month later...

I've got 4 no-hit kills on the final boss so far, and my set-up for no-hit runs is pretty much identical every time: 

• Sword of Conjunctivius: Base stats are highest in the game.
  • Relics: +30/45% hit bonus in darkness (final boss counts as 'dark', even though the area is quite bright) and +30/45% critical hit (the finisher for swords is always a critical hit). Also, anything that gives +1 level to cursed weapons. 
  • Curses: There are a couple of 'good' curses - one hides enemies but does +20% damage in darkness, for instance. That said, early in runs I tend to pick up a relic or two that reduces gold/blood costs. I also try to pick up a relic that has at least 66% (preferably 100%) extra rewards when you sacrifice pick-ups. This nets you loads of gold and, importantly, corruption reduction to avoid picking up too many curses.
  • Blessings: Grace of Tempest (+1 Dexterity for each no-hit room), Favor of Sich'al (Gain 1000 gold and 5 Perception at the start of your exploration) and Reptilian Hunger (Greed Kill doesn't reset out of encounters or when switching rooms)
  • Room choices: I tend to hit Relic rooms, Weapon upgrade rooms, Bosses and 'Chest/Time limit' rooms. 

With Sword of Conjunctivitis, you die any time you get hit - so it can be slow-going having to save scum at the beginning of most rooms. But you can wreck bosses once you get a few +45% damage relics, and you're going to need a lot of no-hit clearances to fill the Bestiary, so worth getting used to restarting after hits.

To increase the chances of getting the Sword, I tend to lock out almost all other weapon choices in nexus area. I just leave Corrupted weapons and a few others (poison claws). 

If you've built up a decent bunch of relics and gold heading into the final boss, you have a decent chance. One great thing about the final boss is that when the 'curse anvil' drops on you throughout the fight, it doesn't count as a hit. Found this out on one of my playthroughs – it still counts as a no-hit as long as Clovis or ads don't hit you. 

PS: I don't have the bestiary trophy yet, but with 4/5 kills on the final boss, and most of the other entries ticking along, I'm pretty sure I'll get the platinum for this reasonably soon. I think the biggest grind will be killing the Elite blademasters in the Eagle temple. I've only got 20/50 for those. 

Edited by Finch_III
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

What are the best places to farm the elite enemies?

I know they spawn it the tier 3 area but I want to know if their spawn rate is higher on the hard temples or in any of the Clovis temples. Currently I'm running the specific temples on normal (the ones before the first clovis temple) and getting ~6 elite kills, 1/room

Nevermind. It is answered on the other post

Edited by fenris-lima

• 4 months later...
On 20.5.2021 at 5:13 PM, Maitre said:

You are not the only one.^^

However a USB Stick for backup is faster than the cloud. Just a reminder ;D

Edited by DarkStarSquall

• 2 weeks later...

Farming elite units is just pain... have 2 elite units in each temple left. Just stupid and such a waste of time for 1-2 kills each run.

and I saw other player platinum this game in less than a week and some under a few hour it is just insane to me, 
guys If there is any other way to farm elite units could please help me out, I still need 20 units in each temple. I have been doing some runs and so far, I got 2 or 3 enemies that I need per run.