TalesofGaming's Trophy Collection

Great to see someone flying the flag for one of,  if not my favourite JRPG series!! Good stuff. I always like to see the Tales of series getting the love it deserves.  Hats off for all those JRPG platinum's you've gotten since you started and the rest too obviously, there is some excellent stuff in there. That takes some dedication to accrue that many long platinum's in a short space of time. I find JRPG's can often be a pretty daunting time sink, but once you get going its hard to stop.

Judging by your Avatar, are you one of those rare breed of people who prefer Xillia 2 to the original Xillia? Although people would probably think I'm an oddball for preferring Zestiria to Berseria haha! I see you have one of the VITA Tales of games as well, I've seriously debated picking up a Vita for a while to play those, but I'm not sure I can justify it. I'm looking forward to getting around to reviewing all of the Tales of' titles I've played eventually in my own thread too, its a game series brimming with so much vibrancy colour and character. I think its such a great series, if that wasn't obvious. So it really is nice to see it getting some love here. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, rjkclarke said:

Great to see someone flying the flag for one of,  if not my favourite JRPG series!! Good stuff. I always like to see the Tales of series getting the love it deserves.  Hats off for all those JRPG platinum's you've gotten since you started and the rest too obviously, there is some excellent stuff in there. That takes some dedication to accrue that many long platinum's in a short space of time. I find JRPG's can often be a pretty daunting time sink, but once you get going its hard to stop.

Thank you very much! I really enjoy JRPGs and it has to be my favorite genre. :) Tales of is my favorite series. <3 I fell in love with it with Xillia way back in 2015.

21 hours ago, rjkclarke said:

Judging by your Avatar, are you one of those rare breed of people who prefer Xillia 2 to the original Xillia? Although people would probably think I'm an oddball for preferring Zestiria to Berseria haha! I see you have one of the VITA Tales of games as well, I've seriously debated picking up a Vita for a while to play those, but I'm not sure I can justify it. I'm looking forward to getting around to reviewing all of the Tales of' titles I've played eventually in my own thread too, its a game series brimming with so much vibrancy colour and character. I think its such a great series, if that wasn't obvious. So it really is nice to see it getting some love here. 

I actually have a hard time choosing between the two just because I absolutely love the story and the characters. Ludger is my favorite Tales character which is why I have him as an avatar. <3 For Tales of Hearts R, I actually just bought a Vita just cause of Tales. ? I'm glad to see you enjoy the Tales series! It seems so hard to come by anyone's who played it or let alone heard of it...

Edited by TalesofGaming
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, TalesofGaming said:

Thank you very much! I really enjoy JRPGs and it has to be my favorite genre. :) Tales of is my favorite series. <3 I fell in love with it with Xillia way back in 2015.

You're very welcome, you picked a good one to fall in love with I think, I'm really fond of Xillia myself, both of them. I know some people tend to just ignore Xillia 2, which they absolutely shouldn't. I saw you've played the Trails of Cold Steel titles too, do you recommend them? I've always been a bit on the fence about them because I'd heard that they were a bit mech heavy and outside of Zone of the Enders mechs aren't really my jam.

15 hours ago, TalesofGaming said:

I actually have a hard time choosing between the two just because I absolutely love the story and the characters. Ludger is my favorite Tales character which is why I have him as an avatar. <3 For Tales of Hearts R, I actually just bought a Vita just cause of Tales. 1f60f.png I'm glad to see you enjoy the Tales series! It seems so hard to come by anyone's who played it or let alone heard of it...

I know exactly what you mean about finding it hard to choose, between Xillia 1 and 2. My favourite Tales of' is Symphonia, but there isn't a single one that I've not enjoyed, its one of those where you've have to take trophies out of the equation a bit to gage one's enjoyment a bit better. Realistically I don't think we have to choose between Xillia 1 and 2, they are both part of the same story. I think I might prefer Xillia 2 just by a bit, but I'm really not sure, I think it does so many wonderful things with the already established characters (Who might be my favourite Tales of' cast actually) and it really makes excellent of use of them by developing them even further via side content. Also the way they did and you'll get this because you've played it "Other Milla" was incredibly well handled, I think they did such a good job of making her stand out and feel memorable.

Good to hear from another Ludger fan too, I think he's an excellent character, really underrated because the argument is often his character is your character. The second playthrough where he gets a voice through the grade shop added some more depth to him too, I thought he was really well voice acted, plus and I'm going to be as vague as possible to save others from spoilers, that scene at the dry lake, with the house is so incredibly powerful, especially the aftermath when Ludger is making soup for Elle. To be fair I think if I was going to get a Vita it would probably be for Tales of Hearts R as well, its certainly tempting.

I think I'm fairly fortunate actually, in that one of my best friends in real life is a Tales of' fan, so we've had many long discussions on our theories about the Tales universe over the years. I hate that above saying by the way we're of course communicating in real life now but you get what I mean I'm sure. I know what you mean though, it does seem hard to come across people who have even played them let alone know much about them, but I often find that when you do they are often incredibly passionate about the subject which is awesome. I'm always up for more discussion of that awesome series! it deserves more peoples attention.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, rjkclarke said:

I saw you've played the Trails of Cold Steel titles too, do you recommend them? I've always been a bit on the fence about them because I'd heard that they were a bit mech heavy and outside of Zone of the Enders mechs aren't really my jam.

I highly recommend the Trails series! I'm not too fond of mechs that much either but in this universe, they're really cool and directly relate to the plot. I'll be honest though, I was put off by the turn-based combat at first, but I eventually got used to it. The story though, is flipping amazing. It starts getting really good at the end of the first game and you can't stop playing.

51 minutes ago, rjkclarke said:

Realistically I don't think we have to choose between Xillia 1 and 2, they are both part of the same story. I think I might prefer Xillia 2 just by a bit, but I'm really not sure, I think it does so many wonderful things with the already established characters (Who might be my favourite Tales of' cast actually) and it really makes excellent of use of them by developing them even further via side content. Also the way they did and you'll get this because you've played it "Other Milla" was incredibly well handled, I think they did such a good job of making her stand out and feel memorable.

I love Fractured Milla! I loved her relationship with Elle and Ludger when the others just saw the Prime Milla in front of them. She had so much impact in the game, I can't tell you how many times I cried in that game... ?

54 minutes ago, rjkclarke said:

I think I'm fairly fortunate actually, in that one of my best friends in real life is a Tales of' fan, so we've had many long discussions on our theories about the Tales universe over the years. I hate that above saying by the way we're of course communicating in real life now but you get what I mean I'm sure. I know what you mean though, it does seem hard to come across people who have even played them let alone know much about them, but I often find that when you do they are often incredibly passionate about the subject which is awesome. I'm always up for more discussion of that awesome series! it deserves more peoples attention.

Do we have the same best friend? ? I met my best friend through Tales at college and we talk about it on a daily basis. xD

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TalesofGaming said:

I highly recommend the Trails series! I'm not too fond of mechs that much either but in this universe, they're really cool and directly relate to the plot. I'll be honest though, I was put off by the turn-based combat at first, but I eventually got used to it. The story though, is flipping amazing. It starts getting really good at the end of the first game and you can't stop playing.

Awesome, that does make me want to pick it up a bit more. Interesting you mentioned the turn-based combat being a potential avoidance issue for you, I haven't picked up the latest Dragon Quest yet for the same reason, I've sort of become somewhat jaded with turn-based combat in the last few years. Another reason why I'm INCREDIBLY apprehensive about the newest entry in the Yakuza series. If the story is great though in Trails it sounds like it would absolutely be worth it. So I appreciate the recommendation.

I love Fractured Milla! I loved her relationship with Elle and Ludger when the others just saw the Prime Milla in front of them. She had so much impact in the game, I can't tell you how many times I cried in that game... 1f62d.png

Yep, Fractured Milla was really well realised. So well written and voice acted too, I think the voice actress did such a good job of reinforcing that they ARE different people essentially. I don't have a problem admitting my eyes leaked a fair bit too during that game, especially some of the alternate timelines that you explore. Alvin's one particularly got me, if I remember it right, but to be fair Xillia 2 is absolutely littered with moments that gut punch you right in the feels. I think Berseria was a bit like that too actually. Especially when the truth of everything gets revealed to Velvet.

Do we have the same best friend? 1f604.png I met my best friend through Tales at college and we talk about it on a daily basis. xD

Maybe haha! There are quite a few stupid messages I've received over the years like "WE HAVE TO GO TO THE LAND OF CANAAN" or "GLASSES GUY" innocuous stuff like that is always funny to hear. Don't think they are as big of a fan as Xillia 2 as you and I though, don't think they were fond of the debt system.

Sorry for the late-ish reply, I meant to do it a bit sooner, then I got sidetracked writing a giant NieR: Automata review so I got a little distracted, are you planning to play Tales of Symphonia at any point? They do feel pretty archaic to play so I understand why you might not want to. I can't recommend those two enough YES both of them, I know people dig out the sequel but its still quite good.

23 hours ago, rjkclarke said:

Awesome, that does make me want to pick it up a bit more. Interesting you mentioned the turn-based combat being a potential avoidance issue for you, I haven't picked up the latest Dragon Quest yet for the same reason, I've sort of become somewhat jaded with turn-based combat in the last few years.

I feel you on that. I've been so spoiled with the Tales of series' gameplay that it's hard to play anything else. xD

23 hours ago, rjkclarke said:

Sorry for the late-ish reply, I meant to do it a bit sooner, then I got sidetracked writing a giant NieR: Automata review so I got a little distracted, are you planning to play Tales of Symphonia at any point? They do feel pretty archaic to play so I understand why you might not want to. I can't recommend those two enough YES both of them, I know people dig out the sequel but its still quite good.

No worries! NieR: Automata is so valid. It's a fantastic game! I've been meaning to get to Symphonia at some point but I've been too spoiled with Xillia that I went and played Symphonia up until the desert area and got stuck cause I couldn't kill anything even though I was fighting every enemy along the way which I do in all Tales games I play. I've been hearing how amazing the game is, its just, I can't get past the outdated gameplay... I wanna platinum it at some point though, my goal is to platinum every Tales game! (That's at least localized.) :)

Edited by TalesofGaming
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, TalesofGaming said:

No worries! NieR: Automata is so valid. It's a fantastic game! I've been meaning to get to Symphonia at some point but I've been too spoiled with Xillia that I went and played Symphonia up until the desert area and got stuck cause I couldn't kill anything even though I was fighting every enemy along the way which I do in all Tales games I play. I've been hearing how amazing the game is, its just, I can't get past the outdated gameplay... I wanna platinum it at some point though, my goal is to platinum every Tales game! (That's at least localized.) :)

NieR : Automata absolutely is a fantastic game. 

I can certainly understand those quibbles with Symphonia though, it does feel so outdated. Which is a shame really. Especially outdated if you are coming straight from some of the recent entries. I'm exactly the same by the way I pretty much fight every enemy along the way that I see, it usually helps a lot in those games. It is a truly amazing game, but yeah I don't disagree it can be tough to engage with at times. It has a tremendous story though.

The second Symphonia....  Dawn of the New World gets a lot of hate but that one does play with a bit more fluidity, I'd sort of describe it as a toned down version of Vesperia's combat with some Pokemon elements peppered on top. I'm actually quite fond of Dawn of the New World, I'd be very interested to hear what you thought about it if you ever got around to playing it.

I have that same goal, to have the platinum in at least every localised Tales game. I'm pretty sure I have all the console ones, unless you count stacks, because I don't really do the stacking thing -  no way do I want to get the platinum in Zestiria again on PS3, I love that game, but there are limits lol. I think at the moment I'm just missing Hearts R, but if I ever feel like splashing out on a Vita and truly completing the collection, that's going to be the first thing I play.

This one probably isn't relevant to a trophy site, because it has no trophies, but did you ever play Eternal Sonata? That is incredibly Tales' like. It is available for PS3 but it is one of the few games that I truly want a remaster of on PS4/PS5. Judging by your massive love of the Tale's series I reckon this would be something you'd definitely enjoy. Such a beautiful blend of music, story and character in that game. Motoi Sakuraba does the soundtrack to it as well, so it even has a little bit of a Tales edge in that regard.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, rjkclarke said:

I have that same goal, to have the platinum in at least every localised Tales game. I'm pretty sure I have all the console ones, unless you count stacks, because I don't really do the stacking thing -  no way do I want to get the platinum in Zestiria again on PS3, I love that game, but there are limits lol. I think at the moment I'm just missing Hearts R, but if I ever feel like splashing out on a Vita and truly completing the collection, that's going to be the first thing I play.

Funny thing is, I'm actually trying to get the platinum in Zesty as we speak. xD

16 hours ago, rjkclarke said:

This one probably isn't relevant to a trophy site, because it has no trophies, but did you ever play Eternal Sonata? That is incredibly Tales' like. It is available for PS3 but it is one of the few games that I truly want a remaster of on PS4/PS5. Judging by your massive love of the Tale's series I reckon this would be something you'd definitely enjoy. Such a beautiful blend of music, story and character in that game. Motoi Sakuraba does the soundtrack to it as well, so it even has a little bit of a Tales edge in that regard.

I just looked up Eternal Sonata and it looks really interesting! I love Chopin's music so it sounds right up my alley. I love how they made a JRPG after him! ? The HUD honestly reminds me of Vesperia. I'd be really interested in it if it gets a remaster or remake!

• Like 1

Funny thing is, I'm actually trying to get the platinum in Zesty as we speak. xD

All I can really say on that one is good luck, but it REALLY feels earned once you get it. I think one of the fights will hit you in the feels later on too, especially as you've already played Berseria... The links between those games actually end up being really fascinating once you've seen the whole thing.

I just looked up Eternal Sonata and it looks really interesting! I love Chopin's music so it sounds right up my alley. I love how they made a JRPG after him! 1f604.png The HUD honestly reminds me of Vesperia. I'd be really interested in it if it gets a remaster or remake!

That's nice to hear! You're pretty much guaranteed to enjoy it then when/if it gets remastered. I was quite fond of Chopin's music myself before playing it, but not overly familiar if that makes sense - playing through Eternal Sonata really turned me into a lover of it though.

It has these amazing interludes in parts of the game where they play some of Chopin's actual pieces whilst recapping aspects of the real Chopin's life, he lived a fascinating life. I'm really glad they made Eternal Sonata its truly something special, but not a whole lot of people have played it, but  I always feel I have to recommend it if I think someone would like it. But I'm so happy that it brings Chopin's majestic music to another audience that might never have heard or been aware of it otherwise. So yeah fingers crossed for a remaster!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rjkclarke said:

All I can really say on that one is good luck, but it REALLY feels earned once you get it. I think one of the fights will hit you in the feels later on too, especially as you've already played Berseria... The links between those games actually end up being really fascinating once you've seen the whole thing.

Yeah, this is the second time I've played it and I really appreciate it even more after playing Berseria. The platinum itself doesn't seem all that difficult after another glance at the trophy list. The only trophy I usually have a hard time with is beating the final boss on Chaos in Tales games. But, I've been giving all of the rosemary herbs to Lailah so I can spam Ancient Nova. xD

• Like 1

On 07/05/2021 at 7:04 PM, TalesofGaming said:

Yeah, this is the second time I've played it and I really appreciate it even more after playing Berseria. The platinum itself doesn't seem all that difficult after another glance at the trophy list. The only trophy I usually have a hard time with is beating the final boss on Chaos in Tales games. But, I've been giving all of the rosemary herbs to Lailah so I can spam Ancient Nova. xD

Glad you're having fun with it. I actually really struggled with Zestiria when I first played it I just couldn't get into it. I tried for ages and then something just sort of clicked. The Alisha DLC is quite good too actually. I thought it served as quite a good little epilogue to the main game. I think now though I prefer Zesty  to Berseria by just a tiny margin I think.

No it isn't too hard you're right. In fact you are pretty much on the money that beating the final boss on Chaos is going to be the hardest thing. If I was going to give advice on that I'd also recommend controlling Rose for most of that fight and then only use Sorey when you have to, he can take care of himself quite well,  plus Rose has a higher A. Attack by default I think, so when you aramatize with Lailah -  you spam Anicient Nova as we all should haha and you'll get some nice damage output. I expect you know all this already though. I found the annoying part getting enough armour that resists Dragons, but then it also buffs your damage so swings and roundabouts really isn't it.

Edited by rjkclarke
  • Like 1

On 5/7/2021 at 5:02 PM, rjkclarke said:

No it isn't too hard you're right. In fact you are pretty much on the money that beating the final boss on Chaos is going to be the hardest thing. If I was going to give advice on that I'd also recommend controlling Rose for most of that fight and then only use Sorey when you have to, he can take care of himself quite well, and when Rose has a higher A. Attack by default I think, so when you aramatize with Lailah -  you spam Anicient Nova as we all should haha and you'll get some nice damage output. I expect you know all this already though. I found the annoying part getting enough armour that resists Dragons, but then it also buffs your damage so swings and roundabouts really isn't it.

Yeah, I heard grinding equipment with the skill Lindwer is very useful for the final boss on Chaos. I didn't have too hard of a time with him on Hard but, the jump from Hard to Chaos is probably big. ?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TalesofGaming said:

Yeah, I heard grinding equipment with the skill Lindwer is very useful for the final boss on Chaos. I didn't have too hard of a time with him on Hard but, the jump from Hard to Chaos is probably big. 1f605.png

That was some bad sentence structure by me in that previous comment, the moral of that story is I need to proof read before I hit SUBMIT REPLY haha!

No I didn't have too much of a tough time on Hard either, but the final boss on Chaos took me like a day or so to beat I think, probably because I tried to cut corners and didn't grind enough lindwer equipment for everyone, so I sort of played it a little riskier than I should have, so that's probably on me. The Main problem is, he resists pretty much all the damage you do, so you can't really stagger him like you can on the regular version as easily. I think the trophy for having all the snacks made is one of the more annoying ones to be honest. More so, because there are loads of variables attached to it, so it can either go really well or really badly.

• Like 1

Always good to see that the Tales of games are getting more popular.

Tales of is one of my favorite series too, it began for me in the GameCube era with Tales of Symphonia because i was looking for a game that was not Mario and my local game store had a copy of Tales of Symphonia. Never heard of it but i was getting interested in games with a good story and the fact that it was not turn based combat for an RPG made me like it even more. 

After playing through Symphonia multiple times i looked for other tales games but there weren't many others that were released in Europe yet.

Years later when i had a PS3 i rediscovered the Tales of series and decided to platinum them all (except the handheld ones) and i am still in the process of doing that.

Next up is DotNW but i kinda keep postponing that.

Xillia 2 is one of my favorites too, mainly because of the story with the Fractured dimensions, showing realities where things are different, showing what could've been if something went the other way. That stuff always interested me just like time travel stories. Which is why i prefer FF13-2 over the other FF13 games.

Do you like Final Fantasy games? I didn't at first because of the turn based combat but they slowly let that go over the years.

I am not sure if i should play the Ys or Trails of Cold steel series, they seem like really long games and platinums which i don't mind as long as it doesn't become boring or extremely grindy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SHADOW-KILLER-S2 said:

Xillia 2 is one of my favorites too, mainly because of the story with the Fractured dimensions, showing realities where things are different, showing what could've been if something went the other way. That stuff always interested me just like time travel stories. Which is why i prefer FF13-2 over the other FF13 games.

Do you like Final Fantasy games? I didn't at first because of the turn based combat but they slowly let that go over the years.

Glad to see you enjoyed Xillia 2! I have a hard time choosing between the first and second game of which one's better, they're both amazing! Which is why I kind of group them together. ? I have only played one Final Fantasy game and that was XV. For all the hate it gets, I actually really enjoyed it! I wanna get around to playing VII Remake soon but, I think I'll wait till the PS5 version comes out.

1 hour ago, SHADOW-KILLER-S2 said:

I am not sure if i should play the Ys or Trails of Cold steel series, they seem like really long games and platinums which i don't mind as long as it doesn't become boring or extremely grindy.

I'd say do it, Ys is great and Trails, let's just say the story is almost on par with the Tales of series. It's that good! They are long games but if you wanted to start off short, Ys: Memories of Celceta is pretty short, I got the platinum in about a week. I highly recommend them!

Edited by TalesofGaming
  • Like 2

On 5/13/2021 at 3:17 PM, TalesofGaming said:

I'd say do it, Ys is great and Trails, let's just say the story is almost on par with the Tales of series. It's that good! They are long games but if you wanted to start off short, Ys: Memories of Celceta is pretty short, I got the platinum in about a week. I highly recommend them!

Thanks for the recommendation, i will definitely try them out.

Its good to see that a lot of previous Japan exclusive RPG series are coming to the west. When i played the original Secret of Mana on SNES many years ago i wanted to play the sequel but it wasn't released out of Japan. Now that Trials of Mana has been remade i will platinum both Secret and Trials of Mana on PS4!

Back to the Tales franchise, i am still waiting for a remaster/re-release for Tales of Abyss, its the only 3D title that i want to play but isn't available on recent consoles yet.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, SHADOW-KILLER-S2 said:

Back to the Tales franchise, i am still waiting for a remaster/re-release for Tales of Abyss, its the only 3D title that i want to play but isn't available on recent consoles yet.

Couldn't agree more with that one. Plus for purely selfish reasons,  it would give me another Tales of' game to platinum now that I've run out of the non handheld ones -  so there is that nice upside as well.

Edited by rjkclarke
  • Like 2

On 5/13/2021 at 6:42 AM, PIOTREK27-1982 said:

Too bad Abyss and Phantasia doesn't have a plat and superb Squaresoft rpgs from PSone era like both Chronos, Parasite Eve, Xenogears, Vagrant Story or Front Mission 3.

It would be really cool if they remake Phantasia, especially since that's where everything started. I'd love it if they would do maybe a Final Fantasy VII remake style.

• Like 3

On 14.05.2021 at 11:45 PM, KazaneHime said:

It would be really cool if they remake Phantasia, especially since that's where everything started. I'd love it if they would do maybe a Final Fantasy VII remake style.

Yeah, Tales of, FFs and Personas all should have remakes from time to time. 

• Like 2

L394f76.png

1La79e57.png

#47 - Ultimate Fall Guy

I finally got the platinum in Fall Guys yesterday! Honestly this wouldn't have been possible for me without that Infallible glitch in custom lobbies. Kudos to the people who discovered it! Also, big shout out to @KazaneHime for playing with me all evening last night!

My Review: Honestly, when I first saw this game I thought it was really stupid and didn't think I would ever get into it. But, my best friend @KazaneHime knows me too well and thought it'd be a perfect fit for me so what did I do? I tried it of course cause she's never wrong when it comes to me. xD After that first game, I was hooked. I had so much fun bumping into all of the little beans and flying all over the place. I played almost all day for a consecutive of about a month until I put it down due to Infallible being almost impossible to get. But, that didn't matter, I still had fun playing this game even without a platinum, even more so with a group of friends. But, luckily I ended up getting it anyway and boosting up my completion rate! Even though I'm technically "done" with this game, I'm still happy I get to keep playing this game cause I gotta get @KazaneHime to 20 wins!

Platinum Difficulty: 10/10 (Without glitch)

My Overall Score: A+

• Like 2

L53b78f.png

1L26ad3d.png

#48 - Master of Zestiria

Man was this a trek of a platinum to get. Still baffled that I managed to grab it this past weekend. I thought I'd be grinding Sweet 16 forever...

My Review: I may be biased but of course I loved this game due to it being a part of the Tales series. However, does this game have its flaws? Yes, oh yes, very much so. Can I talk about how much I hate the horrid equipment system and how stupid it is that leveling up doesn't do much for your stats at all!? I understand they were trying something different but, it's just plain bad... Moving away from how leveling up works, the story was meh. It didn't have as many or barely any plot twists as other titles in the series like Xillia and Berseria. The characters however, I absolutely loved. When I first played this game way back in 2015, I honestly didn't like Edna very much. Now fast forwarding to when Berseria came around and Eizen was in the cast, I grew to love him as a character and saw him as this doting brother who'd do anything for his sister. Seeing him read letters from Edna on how she misses her brother brought me to tears and I finally understood her as a person. Now she's one of my favorite Zesty characters along with Sorey and Mikleo. Rose however, I have a love-hate relationship with her. I appreciate how she's one of the few female characters that doesn't wear a skirt or dress but her attitude is just kinda irritating? Overall, the cast of characters blended really well and I honestly enjoyed the game for what it offered. I know it's not the best Tales game, but does it really deserve that much hate?

Platinum difficulty: 4/10

My Overall Score: B+

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

L69a045.png

1L576d91.png

#49 - The Dark Soul

I would like to give a big shout out to @KazaneHime for supporting me the whole way playing this game. ?

My Review: I have played Souls-like games before (DS 1, Bloodborne, Demon's Souls, Code Vein? (Does that count?)) and have platinumed them which I never thought I'd be able to ever do. But, luckily, I have the most awesome person to help me out and support me along the way. ? Did I enjoy this game? Well, yes, to an extent. Do I hate some of the mechanics they added? Oh, yes. Look, I may not play Souls games the "right way" since I have someone helping me the whole way but it just makes the experience more worthwhile for me. And that's why I DESPISED the areas where they were like, "Oh, you can't co-op here just because." Flashbacks to Dragon Shrine and Darklurker... *shudders* I don't remember that many areas in DS 1 where co-op was limited. Besides co-opless areas, the area design just felt sort of bland compared to the first one. I honestly can't remember any memorable places in 2. (I also miss my ragdoll physics.) Even with all these flaws I still had a great time cutting up enemies with my giant sword and a friend I could never replace. ? One last thing though: FUCK THE RED PHANTOM BEFORE DRANGLEIC

Platinum difficulty: 6/10 (with co-op)

My Overall Score: B

• Like 1