Squad goals trophy and Squad mode

Winckle

have a couple of problems with squads show, I know it's not the developers fault if someone on your team gets disconnected during the show and you're down to 3 people, but it's really difficult to get through with 3 people because the scores don't add up against the other teams of 4, you can get through the early rounds but not really the later ones, it's annoying when you get so far with 4 people and either someone leaves or gets disconnected, I think they should find a way to change the scoring system to make it fairer for if you have 3 as well (don't know how they could though) also they need to scrap the level the slimescraper on teams because about 95% of the time nobody actually gets eliminated, it's always somehow tie

apart from that i'm really enjoying squads show, just needs a few minor tweaks

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LukeTheGooner said:

have a couple of problems with squads show, I know it's not the developers fault if someone on your team gets disconnected during the show and you're down to 3 people, but it's really difficult to get through with 3 people because the scores don't add up against the other teams of 4, you can get through the early rounds but not really the later ones, it's annoying when you get so far with 4 people and either someone leaves or gets disconnected, I think they should find a way to change the scoring system to make it fairer for if you have 3 as well (don't know how they could though) also they need to scrap the level the slimescraper on teams because about 95% of the time nobody actually gets eliminated, it's always somehow tie

apart from that i'm really enjoying squads show, just needs a few minor tweaks

Honestly, they could just eliminate any team with 0 points, personally that'd solve every issue I have with Sky Scraper and other modes like it where if two or more teams get 0 points than it was just a waste of time.

A simple fix to teams of less than 4 in squad mode due to dropped member(s) would be to add an extra step when determining the team score. Sum the score of the squad members, then divide it by the number of squad members. So what determines if you qualify is not the sum of your team's score, but the average score of the team.

How they could prevent too many zero scoring ties in difficult races like Slimescraper is to provide each player 1 to 3 points every time they reach a save point in races. That way its not an all or nothing thing, even if you don't make it to the end, making it quite far can still make a difference.