Super Bandage Girl without Afterbirth

This is the last thing Mrs Bee and I need to unlock to get the platinum.  We have all other items (including Godhead) and secrets.  We spent 8+ hours running the first floor over and over again, found the Book of Revelations only 4 or 5 times (with only one run making it to Womb I only to hit a double trouble room), and not once saw pyromaniac.  So I was looking up other methods to try and farm this, and keep coming across suggestions to use the monster manual with infinite batteries.  Something like the blank card + Jera rune to duplicate batteries until you have 3, and then you can make them infinitely.  Then you are supposed to find a monster manual and you can use it forever.  There is something about this strategy I do not understand.  The monster manual can only summon a level 1 (or 2 if you are lucky) bandage ball, but as soon as you leave the room it goes away.  So you would need a room that has an item (so you can put down the blank card and pick up the book) and a battery.  God forbid you need any more items to make it work.  That sounds more rare than even pyromaniac.  Am I not understanding something here, or does this strategy only work if you have Afterbirth (where the monster manual lasts the floor, not just the room)?

We have both really enjoyed this game, but at this point it has moved past fun and is just becoming frustrating...

Just now, Isamu_Kanashii said:

I would say just get afterbirth, and you can just get it done easily with Lilith and the Box of Friends, the dlcs add so much more content, so if you are a fan of the game, you won't be disapointed.

I appreciate the input, and we plan on getting the DLC at some point, but are waiting for it to go on sale.  In the mean time we were hoping to find a way to make it work with what we have.

1 minute ago, Sir_Bee said:

I appreciate the input, and we plan on getting the DLC at some point, but are waiting for it to go on sale.  In the mean time we were hoping to find a way to make it work with what we have.

There's a physical version of the game + the dlcs available, that might be better worth it, and more likely to get on the cheap pre-owned too.

• Like 1

Just now, Isamu_Kanashii said:

There's a physical version of the game + the dlcs available, that might be better worth it, and more likely to get on the cheap pre-owned too.

Interesting, I will keep my eye out for that.  Thanks.

Haha wow, those items actually are not that hard to get compared to getting all hard marks for the lost, forgotten, and the keeper. It's crazy you haven't gotten those items by the time you finished all lost marks on hard. I guess after birth makes it much easier to get them. Batterys for sure with Lilith equals easy meat and bandage boy/girl.

I've never seen afterbirth or afterbirth plus on sale Bro. It's not that expensive especially for how much content you get.

Edited by freeman4200
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 5/18/2021 at 9:43 AM, Sir_Bee said:

This is the last thing Mrs Bee and I need to unlock to get the platinum.  We have all other items (including Godhead) and secrets.  We spent 8+ hours running the first floor over and over again, found the Book of Revelations only 4 or 5 times (with only one run making it to Womb I only to hit a double trouble room), and not once saw pyromaniac.  So I was looking up other methods to try and farm this, and keep coming across suggestions to use the monster manual with infinite batteries.  Something like the blank card + Jera rune to duplicate batteries until you have 3, and then you can make them infinitely.  Then you are supposed to find a monster manual and you can use it forever.  There is something about this strategy I do not understand.  The monster manual can only summon a level 1 (or 2 if you are lucky) bandage ball, but as soon as you leave the room it goes away.  So you would need a room that has an item (so you can put down the blank card and pick up the book) and a battery.  God forbid you need any more items to make it work.  That sounds more rare than even pyromaniac.  Am I not understanding something here, or does this strategy only work if you have Afterbirth (where the monster manual lasts the floor, not just the room)?

We have both really enjoyed this game, but at this point it has moved past fun and is just becoming frustrating...

You've basically nailed it. You'll need both an item pedestal and a battery in a room. If you do this on the chest you can hope for a chest and battery in one room but you'd need to get there with blank card jera. 

It really is much less of an issue with the dlc and I'm in the same camp as the others it is worth the buy. I don't think secrets pop with seeded runs anymore, that used to be the case so it was possible to get this easily with a seed. 

I hope you are able to pop it, but if you want to save yourself a lot of grinding and letdown just buy that dlc :D Good luck whichever way you go for it!

On 5/21/2021 at 3:14 PM, freeman4200 said:

Haha wow, those items actually are not that hard to get

Bandage Girl was the final thing I had to do to get the Platinum Trophy and it took a long time to grind it. Nowadays it's lot easier to get, thanks to Box of Friends. You only need one Ball of Bandages and few battery charges. In original Rebirth that wasn't an option.