other people opinions (possible spoilers for the yumeututsu games)

visvoer18

Ok I myself dont realy know what to do or how to feel about this so I would love to hear other people opinions

I just finished getting the plat for yumeutsutsu re master. I played it the way it was intended altough I didnt realy care much for the romancing part  it was interesting enough for me to keep playing.

however I skipped through the final route as soon as I found out it was an incest route. I relay dont feel comfortable by that so I skipped rough it.

my problem though is I dont realy know how to feel about this  I skipped the route yes but its still something I obliusly feel verry uncomfortable by even though I skipped it.

what do other people think about it?  I am relay not sure and genuily consider hiding this game  from my proile just for that route.

also I am not sure if I want to play the sequel (skipping or not)  because that ones goes even further with having a love relationship with animals. if I play that one I skip the whole thing at least.

now I have no idea how common it is and in japanese novel games  I care less about because I dont know what is being said and skipp trough it anyway just for the plat.

if you ask me all options are open still but I would like to get some oppinions of other people  about this  because personaly I am conflicted about this

the options I feel I have are the following

1 hide this game from my profile and not play the sequel

2 hide this one and play the sequel while skipping everything  so people can at elast see I didnt read it

3 keep the game vissible but dont play the sequel

4 keep the game visable  and play the squel but skip trough it.

I would love to get some oppinions from other people because frankly I dont realy know what to do.

I have 1 final request  please no jokes or anything about this  I am asking for serieus oppinions and I am genuily conflicted about this

sorry for the long post and thanks in advance for everyone responding.

Edited by visvoer18
  • Like 1

If you feel uncomfortable about the route hide the game.

If you are worrying about what other people might think of you then don't. You can keep the game visible. Nobody is going to judge you about it. 

Play and show what you want it's your profile after all. Just enjoy gaming and don't stress about things like this.

• Like 2

I’m not entirely sure if this is the right forum for this (but I don’t know what would be the right forum). 

That being said, if this game made you uncomfortable, why even consider playing the sequel? Unless you’ve already bought it, that is. 

If if I were you I wouldn’t hide the game (most people viewing your profile aren’t going to know about the games themes (I didn’t), but if you do hide it many will think you’ve cheated something. But I also wouldn’t consider playing the sequel at all unless I’d already bought it. 

• Like 1

Playing the sequel of a game that you say you don’t support the developers decisions so much that you skipped part of the game shows that you’re still supporting them even though you already say you are uncomfortable already. 

Why not spend time and money on other games that don’t make you uncomfortable instead of buying a sequel? Hide the first game if you’re that uncomfortable being reminded you have already supported the developer by buying and playing through their first title. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, platinumplayer12 said:

If you feel uncomfortable about the route hide the game.

If you are worrying about what other people might think of you then don't. You can keep the game visible. Nobody is going to judge you about it. 

Play and show what you want it's your profile after all. Just enjoy gaming and don't stress about things like this.

its a bit about what other people think  or mostly I guess

5 minutes ago, TimeLordCrow13y said:

I’m not entirely sure if this is the right forum for this (but I don’t know what would be the right forum). 

That being said, if this game made you uncomfortable, why even consider playing the sequel? Unless you’ve already bought it, that is. 

If if I were you I wouldn’t hide the game (most people viewing your profile aren’t going to know about the games themes (I didn’t), but if you do hide it many will think you’ve cheated something. But I also wouldn’t consider playing the sequel at all unless I’d already bought it. 

the game didnt relay made me uncomfortable but that route did altough I skipped it as soon as I found out  and I consider the sequel because I would skip trough it just to get a fast plat the biggest issue with this game is that people see I played it as intended and with stuff like this its  complicated   because  its something  what is heavily frowned upon and for good reason. I do have the sequel bought already  (I got both at the same time in a bundle)

I have games like senran kagura etc on my profile and I dont care but incest is a different level

3 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Playing the sequel of a game that you say you don’t support the developers decisions so much that you skipped part of the game shows that you’re still supporting them even though you already say you are uncomfortable already. 

Why not spend time and money on other games that don’t make you uncomfortable instead of buying a sequel? Hide the first game if you’re that uncomfortable being reminded you have already supported the developer by buying and playing through their first title. 

the game is already bought  so money isnt a reason in this case

Edited by visvoer18

Nah, nothing wrong with skipping over stuff that makes you feel uncomfortable.  You don't owe the game anything and if that's how you wanted to do it, that's completely valid.  I tend to read my VNs but I had to skip through a lot of Amnesia because I was so uncomfortable with how all of the dudes treat the main woman.  And that was before I got to the route when she gets locked into a cage!  Probably not on the same level as an incest route but it still gave me the creeps so I get what you're on about.  I wouldn't worry about what other people think about it and just do what you're comfortable with. 

If you want the quick plat on the second one, go for it.  If you're uncomfortable with having it on your account, skip it.  Do whatever feels right.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FrumpleOrz said:

Nah, nothing wrong with skipping over stuff that makes you feel uncomfortable.  You don't owe the game anything and if that's how you wanted to do it, that's completely valid.  I tend to read my VNs but I had to skip through a lot of Amnesia because I was so uncomfortable with how all of the dudes treat the main woman.  And that was before I got to the route when she gets locked into a cage!  Probably not on the same level as an incest route but it still gave me the creeps so I get what you're on about.  I wouldn't worry about what other people think about it and just do what you're comfortable with. 

If you want the quick plat on the second one, go for it.  If you're uncomfortable with having it on your account, skip it.  Do whatever feels right.

oh the skipping part isnt wat worries me  if I play the 2nd one I cna at leats skip the whole thing so people see I didnt actualy read it

in this case when people see play time they know I read it ofcourse I skipped that part  but people dont see that.

hiding it on the other hand make you look like a cheater even if not the case.

the issue is mostly that I am conflicted so I try to get other peoples oppinions since maybe they think about it a certain way I didnt think about yet  etc. in the end whatever I pick is my decission  and having other people oppinions as well makes it easier to decide at the very least

also I forgot to adres the devs its their story and choice they wanted to make that route and have every right to do so

it has literaly nothing  to do with being mad at the devs or anything altough  I do know I wont be playing the nurse love games either as intended if I ever start those anyway

I'd say I agree with people above then where you should just leave it unhidden.  No one except the other people who've played it would have any idea about the themes int the games and they've got it on their profiles too.  Anyone else is just going to think it's some random game and I doubt they'll care even if they do know what it is.  Don't worry too much about it.

Oh, and Nurse Love Addiction is so stupid and gross but I was laughing so hard at the piss scene in the hospital hallway in that game.  It's not supposed to be funny but I could not understand how anyone could write that scene with a straight face.  It's the best worst thing I've ever seen.  I was afraid I was going to wake up my wife with my laughter and have to explain to her the anime piss game I was playing lmao.

• Like 1

Since you already own the second game, I’d say: skip through it, don’t hide either and don’t worry about it. 

If if someone gives you grief over it, tell them the truth: the first game made you uncomfortable but you already owned the second so you skipped through it for the Plat. 

But again, I don’t think anyone will care. AFAIK there are many VNs (and games in other genres) with...well, icky subject matter. I try to avoid games that I know will make me uncomfortable, but I also don’t like to have everything spoiled for me before playing a game-so I might well end up in the same situation as you some day. 

In fact, there’s a game I’m playing now that, had I known what I knew almost immediately after starting it, I would’ve never touched it. Nothing like this though. More of an unpleasant (and almost certainly unintended) reminder of political BS. At least I didn’t pay anything for it though. 

Edit: wait, does Nurse Love Addiction have similar content? Don’t know much about it, was planning on picking it up at some point, but might not now. 

Edited by TimeLordCrow13y
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, TimeLordCrow13y said:

Edit: wait, what’s wrong with Nurse Love Addiction? Don’t know much about it, was planning on picking it up at some point, but might not now. 

There is some "incest but not really" romance route where they're not biological siblings but may as well be.  There's also the infamous hallway pissing scene.  It's a wild game that is filled with baffling decisions.  I haven't finished it myself but it's so goofy and stupid that I kinda like it for the wrong reasons.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FrumpleOrz said:

There is some "incest but not really" romance route where they're not biological siblings but may as well be.  There's also the infamous hallway pissing scene.  It's a wild game that is filled with baffling decisions.  I haven't finished it myself but it's so goofy and stupid that I kinda like it for the wrong reasons.

yeah if I ever play it gonna skip trough that one as well then  I am actualy surprised companies like lrg  etc wanna be associated with stuff like this tbf

anyway  thanks for the advice etc guys I decided to just leave it on it is what it is and it should be a reminder for me to research novels beforehand but I never expected them to go this far. I thought I have had the worst after the rape scene in period qube  altough I am not perse against that depending on the context and if it helps the story or not in that game that wasnt the case though so when I found that out I skipped trough that part as well

• Like 1