Paramour II / Insanity II Bug?

I was reading a handful of posts on reddit, and it looks like the Insanity II and Paramour II trophies didn't pop for a bunch of people in Mass Effect 2. I know there's a thread here on how to cheese both of these using ME1, but I was wondering if anyone could confirm if they were able to unlock either trophy the normal way in ME2.

1 hour ago, PizzingRazzorz said:

I was reading a handful of posts on reddit, and it looks like the Insanity II and Paramour II trophies didn't pop for a bunch of people in Mass Effect 2. I know there's a thread here on how to cheese both of these using ME1, but I was wondering if anyone could confirm if they were able to unlock either trophy the normal way in ME2.

I read about some people unlocking paramour 2 on Me2. The problem could be that some of the romance options don’t count for the trophy so that could be the issue. As for insanity 2 I have no idea why that might be glitched unfortunately 

From what I experiences in ME2 Liara (regardless of SB), Ashley/Kaidan do not count.

Jack, Tali, and Miranda do. So I went with Liara ME1, did SB and nothing popped and near the end just saved and romanced Jack near the end of the game. (Tali also offers end-game romance through dialogue if you save her loyalty mission for later). After that you can reload a save.

For Insanity I can't comment as I plan to do runs after finishing the game, but there is a post with various cheese techniques if you're interested. I haven't seen posts related to issues finishing ME2 on Insanity and not popping.

For me, I unlocked Paramour just fine in ME2 by romancing Garrus. But I also had an Xbox friend get the bug in ME2 where they had to reload several times to get Paramour (doing nothing differently). 

We know for sure that romancing Llara, Kelly, Morinth etc do not count as they did not count in the original game. Best thing to do would to create a save before the final mission and replay it if it bugs I suppose.

Insanity II would be a different question. For those going for it legit I also suggest making a save as late as you can and hope it unlocks properly. 

• 4 weeks later...

I'm on PS4

Romanced Ash in ME1 got Paramour 1

Realized I hadn't completed enough missions to unlock the trophy for completing most of the game

Found an older cloud save (PS+) because I switch between my Living Room and Bed Room often

That save was right before i finished Feros? (where u use the mako alot)

Had to Romance Ash again obviously because I wanted to create the same story for my ME2 & ME3 imports later.

Got Paramour 2 while i technically hadn't even completed ME1 yet.

My thoughts are that at some point your romance get "locked in" and the trophy requirements gets "refreshed" or "ticket" in the background so that when you actually romance them the trophy is just unlocked. If you check my profile you'll see i got paramour 1 and 2 before finished ME1 which does look very sketch if you're not aware of this bug/exploit. This also made me unlock Paramour 3 in ME2 when Romancing Miranda.

My question evolves into where i am now, just needing insanity 1, 2 and 3 and off course the infamous "complete majority of the game" of ME1 because despite my 2 attempts i still managed to fail.

The question being can you simply complete one of the three games on insanity on three different occasions and unlock all 3 insanity trophies? or do you actually need to complete all three of them on insanity?

10 minutes ago, Hamz said:

My question evolves into where i am now, just needing insanity 1, 2 and 3 and off course the infamous "complete majority of the game" of ME1 because despite my 2 attempts i still managed to fail.

The question being can you simply complete one of the three games on insanity on three different occasions and unlock all 3 insanity trophies? or do you actually need to complete all three of them on insanity?

Unless they patched, you can complete the same game 3 times on insanity and unlock Insanity I,II and III... Same thing with Paramour... You don't even need to restart the game... Just keep a save before starting the final mission and complete it 3 times

On 23/05/2021 at 11:10 PM, PizzingRazzorz said:

I beat both ME1 and 2 on insanity and got Insanity I and II no problem... I romanced Liara in both games and Paramour 2 did not pop.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DonLin091 said:

Unless they patched, you can complete the same game 3 times on insanity and unlock Insanity I,II and III... Same thing with Paramour... You don't even need to restart the game... Just keep a save before starting the final mission and complete it 3 times

big up, thanks ;)

• Like 1

It popped for me. I did the same cheese with ME 1 and deleting my game profile data with legendary edition SAVE DATA (just make sure you back them up). You can then do the same thing by loading the save right before the console on the citadel, do the exact same progress, and it will count as Insanity II.

Same thing for romance trophy. You can load a save before you land on Ilos and after the romance scene, it should pop. Be sure to play on 1.00 as the 1.03 version patched this out. 

On 18/06/2021 at 6:22 AM, GarryKE said:

Kelly Chambers doesn't count in ME2 as a romance option also. I've tried her twice now.

She didn't counted in the original either... Neither does Diana Allers on ME3... In fact you can romance her and another character at the same time.

• 4 months later...

Hi everyone, 

Pretty gutted they never intergrated Liara's ME2 love interest to work for this trophy. I am currently going through Mass Effect 2 and for roleplay purposes I'd rather stick with Liara, but for trophy purposes if I try to romance someone else, is there a point during the scene where you can turn them down?

All I am thinking is that I could sweet talk them for the trophy, get it and then reload and that way it doesn't mess up conversations for when I move into ME3 and get back with Liara. In the first game you have one last chance to turn the romance scene down so if that is it ME2 then that would be great. I have played ME2 over 30 times but obviously never before had it had achievements/trophies done in this way so I don't know/can't remember if you can turn them down again in ME2 or who best to turn down for when having to reload without having to go through a lot more gameplay to get back to the final mission. 

Apologies if this is worded badly.

• 1 year later...

I didn't get Paramour 2 on my first playthrough of ME2.  Tried all Male Shep. 3 romances (Miranda, Tali, Jack) with a backup save.  Doing my insanity run now.  Going to concentrate on Miranda only and not engage in any conversations with the others.  Also not going to flirt with Yeoman Chambers or hug Liara either.  Hope it works this time.  If the insanity doesn't pop I wont be too happy.   Don't have a physical copy so cant cheese it.   There are some handy exploits you can use on insanity.. If your squad dies, sometimes you run way back out of the combat zone and the your mates come back alive.  Or you can doorway fight as well.  If you're having trouble in a certain part, try to see if you can get to the next checkpoint to surpass the fight.  Overload and Pull work great together.. Plasma shotgun is a pretty good shotgun even at distances..  Always put your squad in cover behind you.  If your doing your 2nd playthrough starting at lvl 30.. the game gets a bit easier with upgrades.  Be sure to buy/get all the best armour/weapons on your first playthrough as they carry over.

*EDIT, Paramour 2 and Insanity 2 are def. glitched.  Not happy.  Guess i'll wait for an update that will never happen..  I'm not buy a physical copy for a few trophies.  Thanks bioware. ?

Edited by Winds-of-Neptune

• 11 months later...

Dont know where else to go but Paramore 3 didn't pop for me in ME 3 after romancing Tali in 2 and Tali again again in 3 after even saying no more romance with Kiara since I did her for Paramore 1. The original playthrough she killed herself so I understand that but this time I was able to invite her up to my room. I've seen other people's cutscenes where that's where the trophy pops for them and PSN profiles still says people earn it

8 hours ago, Partyy_Hardyy said:

Dont know where else to go but Paramore 3 didn't pop for me in ME 3 after romancing Tali in 2 and Tali again again in 3 after even saying no more romance with Kiara since I did her for Paramore 1. The original playthrough she killed herself so I understand that but this time I was able to invite her up to my room. I've seen other people's cutscenes where that's where the trophy pops for them and PSN profiles still says people earn it

It would appear that paramour and insanity trophies were broken in an update, so it may just be glitched. Try to romance someone different in Mass Effect 3 as according to Reddit that might work. Just remember that Diana Allers doesn't count for the trophy.

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, wurly-burd said:

Romancing Liara in Mass Effect 2 is impossible? 

If you romanced Liara in the first game, you can choose to get back together with her during the shadow broker mission, but as previously stated, it won't count for the trophy.

• Like 1