VR Trophies via Share Play?

purlinka

Ok this is kind of a Hail Mary question...

Can the VR DLC trophies be earned via share play? Specifically, if I don't own a VR setup but the other person does? ?

I have the plat for the game, and it was really fun! But, man, those 3 VR trophies are bugging me ? I didn't even know there was VR DLC until I noticed I had the plat but not 100%...

EDIT:

The answer is no ☹️

Edited by purlinka

Theoretically speaking, based on how Share Play works, no?

Share Play is basically you "handing" your controller to a friend online. But, if you don't have a VR kit to begin with, how do you "hand" your controller to them? 

Your system is the one being streamed, so if you don't have access to VR (I don't think you can launch VR games without setting up VR first), your friend can't access it either.

If anyone ever tried this before, feel free to confirm/deny =P

Edited by DragonSpear2462

13 hours ago, DragonSpear2462 said:

I don't think you can launch VR games without setting up VR first

It's a quick VR mode within a non-VR game. So, I can boot up Concrete Genie fine, it's just that the VR mode is grayed out in the main menu. Would it stay grayed out if the other person had a VR setup connected?

My logic was that maybe the game would recognize the VR setup on the other person's console?? I don't know—again, this was a long shot question ?

Side question: Anyone with a VR setup want to test this with me? ?

Edited by purlinka

interesting question, because I also don’t have VR and it would be great if someone helped me that way. Lol

2 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Your PS4 boots in a whole new ‘mode’ when the VR Pass-thru box is connected - and the menu option will be greyed out unless the PS4 was booted in that mode, I’m afraid.

Ahh ok. Well there's the definitive answer!

• Like 1