Just How Unstable Is This Game On Vanilla 1.00?

MrTacoNinja

I was at Walmart today and saw this bad boy on clearance for $14.88 so I snatched it up. While I'm definitely intimidated and confused a little by some of the trophies I'm willing to try anyway. I'm very interested in using the exploit for unlimited skill points and money and would only have one objective in mind playing on the unpatched version: getting through the game and beating it on Supreme Jerk. So as the titles says, how unstable is the 1.00 version?

• 4 months later...

I've only played the Xbone version but the game was very broken before the patch and as mentioned before, most items are easily crafted so it's not really worthwhile. Or at the very least use the exploit to give yourself an early edge but definitely get the patch

As an update even fully patched the game is still ridiculously buggy so I don’t even want to imagine what it was like before.

my combat keeps freezing mid turn currently, it never unfreezes, the game itself hasn’t frozen. My characters just fail to take actions and nothing moves forward.

The quality control and bugs make this game appalling honestly. It’s so damn good but the bugs, including the game breaking one I currently have fucking ruin it

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished the final dlc, gotta say the game has come a long way compared to launch. Loading is much faster, it hasnt crashed for me yet especially when in co op, map navigation is much better, quest markers have been added, quest objectives are more detailed and it's overall more stable but I did encounter a glitch where my characters wouldn't move but loading back the game solved it. I'm sure there's still some bugs but as someone who got it day one, its the version I wish I played from the start. I played on ps5 so I'm not sure how much different it'll be considering there's no ps5 version but yeah much more stable and enjoyable overall. A truly great game that was hindered by technical issues for long time. 

On topic though, I wouldn't bother playing this on any other patch. 

Edited by BrandedBerserk
  • Like 1