Hijacker trophy bugged on empty Atlas.. or not?

So apparently when using first empty mech at Grissom Academy this trophy should pop up or else you should be able to hijack other Atlases. 

Unfortunately it didn't for me - neither at the Academy nor Cerberus base with empty mechs - I've earned this trophy  in the previous ME3 (not Legendary) and I cannot remember if I did it on the empty mechs or did I really shoot the pilot and hijacked currently used Atlas.

Can anyone confirm they got this trophy on empty Atlases? Cause I'm not sure now if it's bugged or should I really look for an Atlas to shoot perfectly (which is a mild pain in the ass to do).

Thanks!

The empty one didn't count on PS3, depending on the mission order you do (or mess up and destroy one instead of killing the driver) you'll have chance on Javik mission or Tuchanka bomb defuse mission (I got it there both times).

Spoiler

While Victus' son is defusing the bomb on Tuchanka you need to protect him from waves of Cerberus troops. After a few shuttles Atlas will drop, snipe the driver and jump in - you'll have plenty of time and not too many enemies around. It's also a small arena so it's easy to run up to it.

You have to break the glass of an active Atlas with a rider inside, kill him, and then run over and hop in for it to pop. 

Note: Other enemies will also make a beeline to get inside once you kill the driver so make sure not to wait. Just break glass, kill driver, haul ass into it.