Games that have god mode like Final Fantasy 7?

Neocarleen

Yeah, I’m a boring adult with less time than I used to to play video games. This version of Final Fantasy 7 has cheats that you can toggle on and off (god mode, no random encounters mode, and 3x game speed), which really help with cutting down on grinding levels and other mechanics that would otherwise make the game longer.

Are there any other games on PlayStation that have similar cheat modes?

I think this topic can be changed to "Misc." threads, and not specifically to FFVII forum. 

Anyway, other is Control. You can put right away the "god mode" and you're basically invincible. The game difficulty is awkward, and sometimes you need to dive into more meta knowledge if you want to play it "legit". Aside from that, you can try that one too as you can defeat bosses with just 2 shots. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯

• Like 1

A lot of Kemco RPGs have these sorts of features.  There's in game currency in some of them that lets you purchase experience orbs and such that give you bonuses that make it so you don't need to grind (and most of the games give you enough to buy 1-2 of these right off the bat).  Newer games also allow you to adjust encounters to half, normal or double.  Also you can toggle the battle speeds, there's an auto battle feature and an option called "battle shortcut" that skips right to the results on easier battles.  There's also areas that give tons of experience for when you do want to grind.  The games themselves are also short and fun and have no difficulty requirement for trophies so you can play on easy.  There's also some paid stuff that gives bonuses, but you won't really need those in the majority of the games.  Most of the games are about 10-20 hours for the plat and also have zero missables.  Overall, they are great sorts of games for people who are busy since they are fun, short, and lack missables.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, nrs1nrs1 said:

At the risk of being obvious, Final Fantasy VIII Remastered has the very same God Mode and gameplay modifiers as 7. I know 8 is a little divisive but its still a fun game.

Final Fantasy 7 is the first FF game I’ve played. If 8 works the same way, I’ll try it out!

6 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

A lot of Kemco RPGs have these sorts of features. -snip-

This all sounds great. Would you mind recommending me any Kemco games that you liked best?

1 hour ago, Neocarleen said:

This all sounds great. Would you mind recommending me any Kemco games that you liked best?

Definitely can recommend a few!  Asdivine Hearts or Asdivine Dios are solid starting points for the Asdivine series and most of those games are great (Asdivine Cross is an exception to this though, but it does have some of the features you're looking for it's just meatier and actually requires two full playthroughs).  Asdivine series in general is pretty solid with Asdivine Menace and Kamura being among my favorites. Also really enjoyed Revenant Saga, Miden Tower, Seek Hearts, Fernz Gate, Dragon Sinker and Alvastia Chronicles.   There's a bunch more but some of them only have their god mode items as purchases for real money or were kind of meh.  Kemco also does release new games to PSN very often too and overall their games go on sale pretty often.

A more complete list can be found here: https://platprices.com/en-us/search.php?pub=KEMCO

• Like 1

I mean you could go for valkyria chronicles 1 remaster on ps4 as you can do the dlc to get the mini gun and it is basically very easy from there. also if you got a 360 or xbox one you could get lost odyssey or even blue dragon.

Edited by Lonemankane

4 minutes ago, Lonemankane said:

I mean you could go for valkyria chronicles 1 remaster on ps4 as you can do the dlc to get the mini gun and it is basically very easy from there. also if you got a 360 or xbox one you could get lost odyssey or even blue dragon.

Did Lost Odyssey have a god mode?!?!?! I never got to finish that because I ran out of stuff on the ship boss battle and never got further. What a top game though. So surprised they never remastered that gem of a game. 

5 hours ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Did Lost Odyssey have a god mode?!?!?! I never got to finish that because I ran out of stuff on the ship boss battle and never got further. What a top game though. So surprised they never remastered that gem of a game. 

not really no but the game is good and worth trying and playing it again. Blue dragon is the same but I feel blue dragon is a lot more simple then lost odyssey