Zero?

Piggie_Pie

I just got Record of Agarest War Zero... its being shipped from Amazon and i know that there was a NA version because i was asked by a gamestop employee if i wanted to pre order it...

i guess my question is... what is the difference of Record of Agarest War and the one that is labeled "zero"?

wpid-515YaxSjCiL.jpg

nice... thanks for clearing that up for me Artemis!

So... the Record of Agarest War that is on the PSN is actually a sequel to the Record of Agarest War Zero retail game? Thats good to know... so after i play Zero i can just download the sequel...

Histories wise yes, but you get a bonus in Zero for importing a Clear save from Agarest War

Histories wise yes, but you get a bonus in Zero for importing a Clear save from Agarest War

So... This is the game that i ordered... "Record of Agarest War Zero" - Limited Edition

81JRt6s3pFL._AA1500_.jpg

But they ended up sending me THIS instead..."Agarest Generations of War Zero" - Limited Edition... but without the shirt...

blog-mock-up-9-5-2011.jpg

I understand that they are the same game but one is EU and one is NA... i wanted the NA version so i sent it back and ordered the other one... Amazon payed to have 1 day shipping so i should get it by tomorrow... Call me picky but i was expecting to get the two decks of cards and the character data guide... but the EU version has a poster (I have no place to put a poster btw) and "3D" cards that i have no use for either, lol... Both are great sets but i just wanted the one i ordered...

• 5 months later...
  • 5 years later...
On 09/04/2012 at 1:39 PM, TheLilyNipper said:

If your still confused, the "war zero" is a PREQUEL.

Release Date Order:

Record of Agarest War

Record of Agarest War Zero

Record of Agarest War 2 (coming soon)

So is it best to start off with Zero?

Edited by danielc655

1 hour ago, danielc655 said:

So is it best to start off with Zero?

If you start with Zero, the "digest route" will spoil most of the original game's plot because it's essentially the "Cliffs Notes" version of that game.  Even though Zero takes place many, many, many moons prior to the original title.

I'd suggest playing the original and Zero in their release order, which is to say the original first.  As for RoAW2, that one is completely independent and a very different style from the other two titles, so it can be whenever.

There are a fair number of parallels and recurring themes across all three games.  But only the first two have any considerable link with one another.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, acasser said:

If you start with Zero, the "digest route" will spoil most of the original game's plot because it's essentially the "Cliffs Notes" version of that game.  Even though Zero takes place many, many, many moons prior to the original title.

I'd suggest playing the original and Zero in their release order, which is to say the original first.  As for RoAW2, that one is completely independent and a very different style from the other two titles, so it can be whenever.

There are a fair number of parallels and recurring themes across all three games.  But only the first two have any considerable link with one another.

Suppose that makes sense, Cheers for clearing that up.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/8/2011 at 3:34 PM, Piggie_Pie said:

So... This is the game that i ordered... "Record of Agarest War Zero" - Limited Edition

81JRt6s3pFL._AA1500_.jpg

But they ended up sending me THIS instead..."Agarest Generations of War Zero" - Limited Edition... but without the shirt...

blog-mock-up-9-5-2011.jpg

I understand that they are the same game but one is EU and one is NA... i wanted the NA version so i sent it back and ordered the other one... Amazon payed to have 1 day shipping so i should get it by tomorrow... Call me picky but i was expecting to get the two decks of cards and the character data guide... but the EU version has a poster (I have no place to put a poster btw) and "3D" cards that i have no use for either, lol... Both are great sets but i just wanted the one i ordered...

Yeah, I got the exact same stuff as you. Pretty much just a special box, some art cards or poster or whatever, the game and the soundtrack. :(