Campaign Online?

XandstarSan-YT

• 1 year later...

Sorry for the super late answer, but in the face of the impending server shutdown on 30th September, this question might be of importance to some folks.

But long story short: The so called “Superstar” campaign can be played and completed in offline mode from start to finish. You don’t need an active online connection to progress through it.

The only trophies that are becoming unobtainable soon are related to achieving a certain level rank, earning 10 Crashtags and 5 Ubertags and of course “Geared Up” for collecting 250 items which can be a bit of a grind.

24 minutes ago, GarciaFever said:

Does the Earn 50 CHECKMATE medals also require an online connection, or can I be able to earn them offline just like the Campaign trophies?

You earn medals based on stunts during the race itself, you just only get to see the 3 highest rated ones at the results screen (often the 3 least interesting unfortunately). There is no way to keep count within the game, there is a crash tag that counts up to 10 bronze checkmate medals and the animated upgrade only counts the next 40 if they were gold ?‍♂️ 

3 hours ago, EqualityEarth said:

You earn medals based on stunts during the race itself, you just only get to see the 3 highest rated ones at the results screen (often the 3 least interesting unfortunately). There is no way to keep count within the game, there is a crash tag that counts up to 10 bronze checkmate medals and the animated upgrade only counts the next 40 if they were gold ?‍♂️ 

Can you earn medals offline? There’s no results screen offline and, when I was trying to get checkmates while my internet was down, I would see the check out come up on the side, but not the checkmate medal. I might not have earned one in those matches though

My advice is to try to get them as well before the shutdown, I wish there was a tracker, I could have sworn I’d done 50 by now

16 minutes ago, Hurricane_Tanya said:

Can you earn medals offline? There’s no results screen offline and, when I was trying to get checkmates while my internet was down, I would see the check out come up on the side, but not the checkmate medal. I might not have earned one in those matches though

My advice is to try to get them as well before the shutdown, I wish there was a tracker, I could have sworn I’d done 50 by now

Two times check out gives u one checkmate medal, and yes u can earn it offline, if u really wanna earn that trophy quickly go to custom , glory dam , there are lots of location where u can get checkmate medal like big cylindrical pipes, the bridge etc.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, zulqarmessi said:

Two times check out gives u one checkmate medal, and yes u can earn it offline, if u really wanna earn that trophy quickly go to custom , glory dam , there are lots of location where u can get checkmate medal like big cylindrical pipes, the bridge etc.

Ok that’s good to know, I’ve been using the freight forest, I think I’m on 40+, but I’m not sure so I’ll just keep going until it pops

1 hour ago, Hurricane_Tanya said:

Ok that’s good to know, I’ve been using the freight forest, I think I’m on 40+, but I’m not sure so I’ll just keep going until it pops

Yeah it will pop, don't worry about it, actually it wasn't my intention to farm the checkmate medal in glory dam, i was just working on vomit comet in that map, and got a lot of multiple check out while I was racing, so i thought why not farm some medals, this map saved my time a lot.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Asking for a friend who I thinks busy at the moment but is ENTER YOUR INITIALS trophy effected by the closure or would they be ok doing it after if they miss the deadline?

You can earn that enter your initials trophy offline.