Go for the platinum not for the 100%

MarioGiante

I strongly reccomend to aim just the platinum if you don't want to be totally annoyed by this game. The platinum is pretty fair, not to complicated but complete enough to make you do everything important in the game and enjoy it(open world without collectibles required, a dream), but everything besides the platinum is just frustrating. Every single dlc, 8 including the updates, has samething annoying in particoular Comrades, the multyplayer one. First of all you have to download the 1.26 version to play it alone and offline because the regoular version is standalone and you can't have any help in this version, this means that the dlc will take much longer and will be more difficult. Almost every important battle in all of the dlcs last for at least 10 minutes when you're in luck and it's just a spam of attack or healing item when you're oneshotted basically by any enemy. The Omega fight has no sense at all, it wants you to grind forever to reach an high level or it makes you use the glitch to beat him. Same thing for the second part of Comrades, you're forced to glitch the enemies in any way you can(once I used a bow to kill 3 griffins in a spot where I couldn't been reached, it took me seriously 2 hours) or you can grind for like 50 hours of the same battle with 4 minutes of loading screens in total between evey mission. The characters Dlcs are a little better because you have some new stuff but there are at least one annoying trophy for each that makes you hate them in the end. The Promto's minigame is just bullshit, the Gladiolus score game is impossible without guides, the fight between Ignis and Noctis doesn't has any sense at all and the Ardyn top score trophy has all the problems mentioned in one. So in the end if you want enjoy the game don't go for the dlc's trophies.MarioGiante.png

• Like 2

You can play the multiplayer entirely solo and I really like it. I like the gameplay, the story, the atmosphere, etc. There are actually some really good guides on it so you can play through the multiplayer solo and without big problems, it's very enjoyable.

I can't comment on Comrades but I did everything else. The DLCs are definitely much harder than the base trophies (the base game trophies were like a 3/10), but most of them weren't super crazy. The stories in all of the character episodes except Gladio's were great. Omega didn't require any grinding if you used Prompto's machine gun or Noctis' royal arms (plus skill for both).

The only DLC trophy that I would say is notably hard is Dogged Rider in Episode Prompto. You have to play 3 levels of a clunky racing game and beat a certain score. It's one of the hardest trophies I've ever done. Worse yet, every time you fail, you have to sit through a really long loading screen.

• Like 1