Killer Instinct 3 De-Synch Bug

Redgrave

From BlisteredThumbs

Strap in tight, folks. This is a weird one.

A couple days ago YouTube user “Calvin Morrow” uploaded a video purportedly detailing a very strange occurrence in the Xbox One exclusive Killer Instinct. The launch title received highly favorable reviews for its netcode upon release, so the internet immediately melted down upon hearing this. That would be interesting enough, but it isn’t until you actually watch the gameplay in question that this becomes truly fascinating.

It appears as though multiplayer games can become desynchronized yet continue on as if everything is normal. As a result, both players can win the same match, or, as in the case in question, one player’s victory can cause the other player’s game to disconnect. Perhaps more importantly, a person can be seemingly winning a match, only to be suddenly labeled as a rage quitter. This bug exists in Double Helix’s bug reporting thread, so it appears to be a legitimate, if uncommon, concern.

Has anything like this happened to you? Are you concerned about the implication for cloud computing on the Xbox One? Let us know your thoughts below.

That's just insane. Not that I have the game but I hope they get it fixed soon.

Laugh all you want. Cloud computing will make Microsoft's console 1 million times more powerful than the PS4.

Yeah, its already been proven... *points to original post*

Im not here to start a flame ware but this IS a PlayStation site..."1 million times more powerful than the PS4"?  thats just being ridiculous... I think its a great idea and all but seriously... they need to fix the issues with their OS as well as their cloud from the sound of it...  If cloud computing was "1 million times more powerful" maybe they wouldn't have a desynchronization issue.

I don't care who owns what console as long as they are having fun being a gamer... the only people who are arguing in a "console war" are the fanboys... Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo all rely on each others success...

and of course i hope they get it fixed because there is nothing worse than playing a great game and having it glitch on you

Edited by Piggie_Pie

Im not here to start a flame ware but this IS a PlayStation site... I don't care who owns what console as long as they are having fun being a gamer.

Yes this is a playstation website but this thread is in the console section. Anyway, I ain't hating on you. To be honest the cloud right now is making me wonder if the £620 I spend was worth it. 

Edited by rhyperiorx
  • Like 1

Yes this is a playstation website but this thread is in the console section. Anyway, I ain't hating on you. To be honest the cloud right now is making me wonder if the £620 I spend was worth it. 

Im just jealous that it didn't come to the PS4, lol... I use to play this in the arcade all the time before it came to the N64... the controls on the N64 were horrible compared to the arcade.

Im not here to start a flame ware but this IS a PlayStation site..."1 million times more powerful than the PS4"?  thats just being ridiculous... I think its a great idea and all but seriously... they need to fix the issues with their OS as well as their cloud from the sound of it...  If cloud computing was "1 million times more powerful" maybe they wouldn't have a desynchronization issue.

I don't care who owns what console as long as they are having fun being a gamer... the only people who are arguing in a "console war" are the fanboys... Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo all rely on each others success...

and of course i hope they get it fixed because there is nothing worse than playing a great game and having it glitch on you

Lol I was kidding of course. I hate MS and hope they die in a ditch this/next gen. The cloud is a joke. And that console is a joke. Happy gaming.

Lol I was kidding of course. I hate MS and hope they die in a ditch this/next gen. The cloud is a joke. And that console is a joke. Happy gaming.

:o

:highfive:

well... um... wow...  I don't actually hope anyone dies in a ditch or anything but i do think that their console is a joke and their grand idea of taking over the living room was crushed by the consumer...

Happy Gaming to you as well

:o

well... um... wow...  I don't actually hope anyone dies in a ditch or anything but i do think that their console is a joke and their grand idea of taking over the living room was crushed by the consumer...

Happy Gaming to you as well

Not literally. But I just hope they get rubbed out of the console game. They don't belong. They don't care about gamers or their consumers, that's why I left.

• Like 1

Not literally. But I just hope they get rubbed out of the console game. They don't belong. They don't care about gamers or their consumers, that's why I left.

I have been a gamer for a long time... a LONG time... like Atari long... and i remember when the Xbox came out and how arrogant it made gamers and the division it caused... it was WAY worse than Genesis Vs. Nintendo in the 90's...

I am a PlayStation loyalist having owned every PlayStation console other than the PSP-Go (didn't make sense to me) so i would say im a little biased but the arrogance from the xbox community has turned me off big time... PLUS, i really love Japanese RPGs and those are few and far between on the Xbox... i would rather go with Nintendo, lol

anyway... i have taken this way off topic...

so... cloud gaming desynchronization... GO!

• Like 1