Hey all, long time lurker looking to come out of my shell a bit

Huxian

Welcome to the forum and I hope all goes well with your transitioning. I bet it’s very exciting to be able to finally feel good in your own skin soon. :)

Edit: HA I just checked your profile and our completion percentage and unearned trophies are almost the same! Feels good to not be the only one.

Edited by LoveInHell
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, HaserPL said:

Don't get me wrong, congrats on your decision and all of that, but is a gaming forum really a place to bring this up? 

It is mainly a gaming and trophy hunting forum but there are plenty of threads where people talk about their personal life or ask for help on personal matters. I think this is one of the things that makes PSNP extra great. And this is an introduction… so.

• Like 4

Welcome to the Forums - or at least, to being out-loud on them! ☺️

Congratulations on taking the steps you are in testing the social media water again - I hope it all goes well, and you don’t put any stock at all in any negative experiences.

Also, hope things go well in your transition- and  congrats on living out loud - every time someone steps up and says who they are, the world is a better place. 

?

• Like 4

Thank you, I have been waiting for this a very long time so I guess I am little overexcited about it I just thought since this a introduction section I thought it would be ok as it's a key part about me I did try to make it mostly about the trophies though

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, HaserPL said:

Don't get me wrong, congrats on your decision and all of that, but is a gaming forum really a place to bring this up? 

It’s an introduction - so she’s entitled to bring up anything about herself she pleases.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LoveInHell said:

It is mainly a gaming and trophy hunting forum but there are plenty of threads where people talk about their personal life or ask for help on personal matters. I think this is one of the things that makes PSNP extra great. And this is an introduction… so.

To me, this just screams attention and validation seeking. The one and only personal information provided by the OP is the fact of being transgender. INB4, I'm a part of the LGBT community so I'm not hating. Just honestly baffled about that. Can't wait for heterosexuals and cis people to come out on the forum. 

7 minutes ago, LoveInHell said:

Oh, I guess you forgot to read that part? And the part where they mention their age and country which is all part of a proper introduction. Take your sour self and go be mardy somewhere else. Bye bye

How is their favorite game a part of  "personal information" on par with one's gender identity? I'm not going anywhere, I wanna see all the white knights and defenders of oppressed people come here and say how bigoted and terrible I am, just because I say out loud what I think. 

Edited by HaserPL
  • Like 2

I mentioned it because as I say I haven't used social media in years because I was afraid about how people would treat me because of it but now because after years of being on a waiting list I can see a path foward in being happy in myself and feel confident in myself to try and actually talk to people rather than just lurk in the shadows.

I read many other introduction posts to see what other people include in their intro's felt it was acceptable and helps to give context to why after 7 years of having a profile which I did use regularly to why now all of  a sudden I decided to start interacting in the forum

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, HaserPL said:

How is their favorite game a part of  "personal information" on par with one's gender identity? I'm not going anywhere, I wanna see all the white knights and defenders of oppressed people come here and say how bigoted and terrible I am, just because I say out loud what I think. 

stop it - this is a new member’s introduction topic you are hijacking - it’s not the place for this kind of thing. 
If you don’t have anything nice to say, just don’t comment.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Trans Foxgirl said:

I mentioned it because as I say I haven't used social media in years because I was afraid about how people would treat me because of it but now because after years of being on a waiting list I can see a path foward in being happy in myself and feel confident in myself to try and actually talk to people rather than just lurk in the shadows.

So, you're comparing social media where people know who you are and can judge you on a personal level, to a gaming forum where you are anonymous and can pretend to be anyone if you want to. And in a place like this where as you said, basically no one knows or even cares who you are, the first thing you wanted to share with us is your transformation. Priorities are clear to me now.

2 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

If you don’t have anything nice to say, just don’t comment.

Maybe I just like to have a nice and healthy conversation with people who can think objectively? Or maybe I'm just baffled how seriously some people treat this site ?

• Like 1

Welcome to the forums OP and remember, it's not worth to fight with trolls. Ignoring them makes them angry.

There are actually lots of cool people here, unfortunately sometimes they are hard to find.

• Like 4

I can't pretend to not be trans and if I did not mention it and made friends here and it was discovered I was then they would get mad that i didn't mention it and accuse me of pretending of being someone I'm not. I thought mentioning it here setting the record straight and sets an even playing field so no one feel deceived if it ever came to light later on down the road there is no right way of disclosing this information because someone always takes issue with it. I did honestly try to make it about the games and trophies as well

Edited by Trans Foxgirl
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Juzota said:

Welcome to the forums OP and remember, it's not worth to fight with trolls. Ignoring them makes them angry.

If that's how you understand the definition of the word "troll" then I'm truly sorry for your lack of understanding of how the internet works. Not everyone who isn't licking your ass is a troll lmao. Over the years this is what this forum has turned into. You're either with us and clap your hands at everyone and everything because no one can take a grain of criticism with dignity, or you're the troll and a fascist because you don't think like everyone else. 

17 minutes ago, HaserPL said:

Dude, it is an INTRODUCTION. This is an introduction section of the forum.

Introduction meaning straight out of the dictionary: “a formal presentation of one person to another”

Some people mention their name, their age, their country, their beliefs, their interests, some people leave information out of it. This person decided to do an introduction of who they are and what games they are playing cause obviously this is a gaming site. There is in introductions section for a reason, there are member interviews for a reason. I don’t know why you gotta act like a dick. This person clearly says she had suffered or is suffering from anxiety but has now decided to start communicating with people again online and you’re just here like with your bitter sour attitude “oh you just say ur trans”. Yeah she said that but she also said other things. It is your problem that you decide to overlook things, leave information out. Us straight people have it so goddamn easy on this planet, so don’t give people shit who are anything other than straight or are trans for saying that they are as this is CLEARLY still an issue everywhere in the entire world. If she wants to mention it, let her. And if you would’ve read any further, she clearly talks about gaming on a gaming forum what you were so complaining about.

So, dude, just stop. Read her introduction again and actually read the entire thing instead of just the first half. Thank you.

Edited by LoveInHell
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, LoveInHell said:

Us straight people have it so goddamn easy on this planet, so don’t give people shit who are anything other than straight or are trans for saying that they are as this is CLEARLY still an issue everywhere in the entire world.

I'm not straight, so I guess that means I'm bigoted towards myself as well? Sure hun. 

7 minutes ago, HaserPL said:

I'm not straight, so I guess that means I'm bigoted towards myself as well? Sure hun. 

Yup, apparently.

20 minutes ago, HaserPL said:

the first thing you wanted to share with us is your transformation. Priorities are clear to me now.

Maybe I just like to have a nice and healthy conversation with people who can think objectively? Or maybe I'm just baffled how seriously some people treat this site 1f914.png

Because it’s important to them. I don’t think you read their post at all so just go man. Why can a person put in their introduction (example) “I’m going to be a champion this year in volleybal” but can’t put “I’m going to transition this year”. They’re both huge things. And I highly doubt you “like to have nice healthy conversations with people” with your mardy ass attitude. Making a big deal out of an introduction, Jesus Christ.

11 minutes ago, Trans Foxgirl said:

I can't pretend to not be trans and if I did not mention it and made friends here and it was discovered I was then they would get mad that i didn't mention it and accuse me of pretending of being someone I'm not. I thought mentioning it here setting the record straight and sets an even playing field so no one feel deceived if it ever came to light later on down the road there is no right way of disclosing this information because someone always takes issue with it. I did honestly try to make it about the games and trophies as well

Just ignore that person, there’s always one bad apple. You do you girl ✌️

Edited by LoveInHell
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Trans Foxgirl said:

I have two friends who are transgender, and they have actually shared that with me long after we've become friends. But I guess that's the difference, some trans people just treat their sexual identity as a part of themselves, they don't need to base their entire presence on their identity because they have nothing else to start from. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, LoveInHell said:

“like to have nice healthy conversations with people” with your mardy ass attitude. Making a big deal out of an introduction, Jesus Christ.

Chill out, even fox girl isn’t pissed that much, it’s fine to exchange opinions it’s a part of a healthy conversation and I know haser personally, haser is cool, I don’t know why you are so triggered by him commenting on a thread.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Atoya said:

Chill out, even fox girl isn’t pissed that much, it’s fine to exchange opinions it’s a part of a healthy conversation and I know haser personally, haser is cool, I don’t know why you are so triggered by him commenting on a thread.

Well I’m fucking pissed cause as soon as someone opens up they just get a slap in the face. She opens up for the first time since who knows how long ago and there just has to be someone being negative when this is an introduction section. INTRODUCTION. How much clearer can it be. Anyone can put whatever they want in an introduction post. If Hasel thinks that PSNP is only for “gaming” then he is not right.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, HaserPL said:

Just because you are incapable of holding up that conversation doesn't mean I can't. Still waiting for someone here who can objectively look at the post and the mentality behind it, and not "YOU GO GIRL IM SO PROUD OF YOU FOR BEING SO BRAVE111!!! THIS MUST HAVE BEEN TOUGH TO COME OUT IN A PLACE WHERE NO ONE KNOWS OR CARES WHO YOU ARE!!!!!!!". But maybe that's just the nationality thing, here in Poland no one cares who you sleep with or what you have in your pants, we treat this as a private part of your life (which it is). But now in the day of LGBT acceptance movement, if you're not openly appreciative and supportive, you're a terrible human being and hate minorities. 

Where do you see someone cheering? People are just congratulating her and talking about games and welcoming her to the forum. Quote someone and show me where someone is cheering, please. You are the only person here being stupid about this and overlooking the other things she posted. “Or what you have in your pants”, really? People almost always put “I’m a girl from…” or “I’m a guy from…” in their introduction but OHHHH dear God a TRANS person can’t do that cause then it’s their “personality”.

15 minutes ago, HaserPL said:

I have two friends who are transgender, and they have actually shared that with me long after we've become friends. But I guess that's the difference, some trans people just treat their sexual identity as a part of themselves, they don't need to base their entire presence on their identity because they have nothing else to start from. 

I structured my intro based on other users in this very forum I mentioned who I was, why I decided to introduce myself and why after being a long time user I decided now to interact on the forum and then I mentioned my favourite game and currenting trophy hunting efforts I didn't want to add too much so it wasn't a wall of text that no one would bother reading. Being trans is important to me but not the only thing on in my life but I just thought it would be better to let people know so if I ever made friends here I knew I was being honest with them

Edited by Trans Foxgirl
Grammar