NYMHC disc version (old patch)

Drvee_sukoi

From this thread.

https://www.trueachievements.com/a164205/the-shadows-rushed-me-achievement

Important Edit, September 8, 2012:

Unfortunately, Rockstar has implemented a patch that has severely reduced the amount of time you can earn from explosions. Therefore, my guide isn't that useful anymore. However, if you are fine with not getting a timestamp, you can clear your cache and play offline to avoid the new patch. That way you can play NYMH with the old explosion bonuses. Otherwise, and I say this not to be smug, but you're out of luck. I don't see how this draconian mode is possible without the explosion bonuses.

I strongly recommend playing this mode offline and without a patch from now on, to take advantage of the huge time bonuses you get from explosions.

Has anyone played and froze?
Reach level 10 but die before the end.
I heard that most of them freeze at level 13. Has anyone finished the disc version old patch yet?

10 minutes ago, HondaHoe said:

the only real benefit to playing the game on patch 1.0 is to unlock the hardcore completion trophy without actually playing through the game on hardcore difficulty 

I didn't know about that and did Hardcore difficulty as intended, but I guess it's good to do a legitimate Hardcore run before you try NYMHC because you'll definitely feel more comfortable dealing with the damage the AI does and having more bullet time to use if you do the Hardcore run properly.

32 minutes ago, HondaHoe said:

the only real benefit to playing the game on patch 1.0 is to unlock the hardcore completion trophy without actually playing through the game on hardcore difficulty 

Can you share more?  I am not playing for platinum but i am intrigued ?

36 minutes ago, Sergen said:

I didn't know about that and did Hardcore difficulty as intended, but I guess it's good to do a legitimate Hardcore run before you try NYMHC because you'll definitely feel more comfortable dealing with the damage the AI does and having more bullet time to use if you do the Hardcore run properly.

well I didn't have a choice as my copy was digital, but I agree the more practice runs u get, the easier NYMHC will be

14 minutes ago, djb5f said:

Can you share more?  I am not playing for platinum but i am intrigued 1f609.png

play the game on patch 1.0 on old school difficulty 

when u get to the very last checkpoint of the game (where u have to chase the plane down the runway) quit your game and back up your save file

continue your game but as soon as it loads, pause and lower the difficulty to hardcore

complete the game. the hardcore completion trophy will pop

download your back up save and continue as normal. when u beat the game your old school trophy will pop

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HondaHoe said:

well I didn't have a choice as my copy was digital, but I agree the more practice runs u get, the easier NYMHC will be

play the game on patch 1.0 on old school difficulty 

when u get to the very last checkpoint of the game (where u have to chase the plane down the runway) quit your game and back up your save file

continue your game but as soon as it loads, pause and lower the difficulty to hardcore

complete the game. the hardcore completion trophy will pop

download your back up save and continue as normal. when u beat the game your old school trophy will pop

oh ok, thanks.  Saving a playthrough will help.

Just now, djb5f said:

oh ok, thanks.  Saving a playthrough will help.

forgot to mention... this won't work if u played the game at any point on a higher patch

the patch code is hard baked into the save file itself

if u intend to use the glitch u have to play the game from scratch on patch 1.0

u can update the patch after u got both hardcore/old school trophies

I cannot confirm it at 100% but you can maybe dodge the Chapter 13 froze if you don't kill the two guys in the right of the room in last. Each time when I played in NYMHC my game froze at this place exactly on these two guys. After that I finished always by the guy in the left room. (4th guy killed in this video.)

When I used this strategy the heavy guy was always there and my game doesn't froze. (I played on digital version.)

Edited by Waraneasy

59 minutes ago, HondaHoe said:

forgot to mention... this won't work if u played the game at any point on a higher patch

the patch code is hard baked into the save file itself

if u intend to use the glitch u have to play the game from scratch on patch 1.0

u can update the patch after u got both hardcore/old school trophies

oh, I see.  In that case, it would not help.  I beat the game on normal and hard on a recent patch.

Or perhaps I could back up saves and wipe everything out so it thinks it is new?  I think that would work.

18 minutes ago, djb5f said:

oh, I see.  In that case, it would not help.  I beat the game on normal and hard on a recent patch.

Or perhaps I could back up saves and wipe everything out so it thinks it is new?  I think that would work.

u could.. but at this point it won't really make any difference 

as it is now.. if u start over u would have to play through on hard (again).. doesn't really save u from an additional play through lol

15 minutes ago, HondaHoe said:

u could.. but at this point it won't really make any difference 

as it is now.. if u start over u would have to play through on hard (again).. doesn't really save u from an additional play through lol

Gotcha.  Forgot that some of these are locked first.  It’s been so long.