PS4 having issues with memory?

Willreaper41

So I'm not sure if these even correlate but I've been having various issues with my systems memory I think? It kind of started not long ago with trophies in a game I was playing not popping correctly if at all (I haven't really seen this happen again but I haven't done much in the way of trophies lately) and I've noticed other things like I've had to redownload certain games and updates multiple times. Like I think I've had to redownload Fallout 76 completely like 3 times recently, which takes hours. It seems all the errors are more central and connected to the system as a whole than just usual game bugs but it is so inconsistent and vague I can't seem to identify it. Just wondering if anyone has had or knows of similar. 

Sounds like either a corrupt user profile or dying HDD/hard drive.

I'd recommend you first of all try rebuilding the database. You don't lose anything with this aside from your folders IF you have anything installed on an external hard drive and you have a folder that only has games from the external in it. Regardless, any external HDD games will get thrown out their folders after a database rebuild as it will have to re-read the HDD.

If that doesn't seem to help, try to re-create your user profile. You'll lose almost everything except your installed games, so make sure to back up all your saves to a USB stick or the PS+ cloud before, same goes for any screenshots or videos you want to keep.

If that still doesn't help, all I can recommend is replacing the hard drive in the PS4.

• Like 3