Crashing Issues?

BKnocheese

So, last night for the first time I was about 3/4 of the way through Tartarus, the game crashed, and when I re-opened it I was back at Home with Skelly and had lost any progress I had made towards my Olympus Relationships (Artemis / Zeus) since last save. Sometimes it seems to put you right back in the same room, other times it will pop you back at the beginning of the dungeon. For the most part when it crashes it puts me back in same room but apparently not all the time. I don't see any manual save feature in the menu.

On 8/16/2021 at 11:49 PM, turniplord said:

Technically, you can.

The game auto saves every time you go into a new room in the dungeon. So, once you've seen the saving icon come and go, you can quit the game and then when you load it back up, you should be where you left off. 

The only time it doesn't do this, I believe, is during bosses - which is why when it crashes in there, it's already deleted the quick-save file. I've had it crash rarely in other normal rooms and re-loading took me right back into that room.

You sure? I quit the game during a session while going for the trophy for getting 30% with the Pierced Butterfly and it literally put me back in the starting room with the weapons when restarting the game. I just wanted to play something else and my multiplier was at 27%, at the time, (it was low rank) and I had to restart from scratch. Maybe it was from the keepsake? Idk. Besides that though, all my runs (15) and escapes (4) have been done in one session from that point on. 

Edit: I haven't had any crashes from the app (not the physical) version of the game. 

Edited by x410xDragon
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, x410xDragon said:

You sure? I quit the game during a session while going for the trophy for getting 30% with the Pierced Butterfly and it literally put me back in the starting room with the weapons when restarting the game. I just wanted to play something else and my multiplier was at 27%, at the time, (it was low rank) and I had to restart from scratch. Maybe it was from the keepsake? Idk. Besides that though, all my runs (15) and escapes (4) have been done in one session from that point on.

The game does autosave.. but it doesn't really matter unless you specifically select "Quit" from the menu which actually locks in the save state.  If you close the game from the PS menu or if the power goes out or something like that then the game automatically assumes you forfeited the run most of the time.  When you get back into the game the save state will be completely reset before the run started as if nothing even happened.  It is probably the most nonsensical aspect of the game; I can't figure out if Supergiant coded that behavior on purpose to make it more difficult to save scum or if its a bug.  You can save scum the game but you have to select quit in the menu to lock in your auto save and then upload the save to the cloud and redownload it if you want to reuse the save state.  You can never exit out of the game safely without selecting that option or it will overwrite your save state with the abandon run option, which is why you have to upload the save to the cloud or something like that if you want to reuse it.

Edited by Elegy

I am on PS4 Pro and the game crashes regularly... happend four times now within 20-25 hours. Almost 40 minutes lost each time since the game only crashes late in the playthrough with powerful blessings equipped. I absolutely LOVE the game but those crashes are a bit too much for me. I hope they fix this issue – unbearable in a game like this. 

• Like 1