Crashing Issues?

BKnocheese

1 hour ago, BKnocheese said:

It could be that I'm playing the PS4 version. Idk if it's an issue unique to that version, or just something unique to me.

Same thing happens to me with PS5 version, all the crash happened at the final boss fight, initially I suspect it has something to do with the PS5 system firmware beta 2.0, but it might also be the game’s problem. Hope it will be addressed in the next patch.

PS5 version, crashed about 9 times so far. It's when I've been playing for 5+ hours or it's resumed from rest mode (and played for an hour or so) - it'll crash on the final boss and act like that entire run didn't happen, even though it actually auto-saves every time you go into a new room.

I also found it crashed on every run with the gun - I've literally not completed the game with the gun yet as it triggers the crash, yet I've done around 30 runs with all the other weapons.

I'm in the EU and the NA version got a patch on Friday - EU hasn't got the patch yet for some reason - so maybe that fixes it? 

I'm just closing the game after two complete runs, then reopening it and carrying on - so far it's not crashed unexpectedly.

• Like 2

Completed 7 escapes, 15 runs overall. Had 2 crashes. I haven't used rest mode. First crash was during final boss fight and, as mentioned above, everything before that run was reset (dialogs, gifts, work orders). Another crash was in Bedchamber right before I pressed "Rest". Each crash occurred after 3-4 hours of gameplay.

I have PS5 EU version. 

I've had about 4 crashes now I believe. Always happens near the end of a run and same story as everyone else, when I load it back up it's as if I never did that run.

Didn't think about it until reading this thread but I think my crashes have all happened after I had been playing for a long stretch of time as well. 

1 hour ago, ZenaxPure said:

I've had about 4 crashes now I believe. Always happens near the end of a run and same story as everyone else, when I load it back up it's as if I never did that run.

Didn't think about it until reading this thread but I think my crashes have all happened after I had been playing for a long stretch of time as well. 

Now that I think of it, I have been playing a lot of this game, so it may be extended play sessions. Wish there was at least a way to save your point in the run instead of kicking you back to the beginning.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BKnocheese said:

Now that I think of it, I have been playing a lot of this game, so it may be extended play sessions. Wish there was at least a way to save your point in the run instead of kicking you back to the beginning.

Technically, you can.

The game auto saves every time you go into a new room in the dungeon. So, once you've seen the saving icon come and go, you can quit the game and then when you load it back up, you should be where you left off. 

The only time it doesn't do this, I believe, is during bosses - which is why when it crashes in there, it's already deleted the quick-save file. I've had it crash rarely in other normal rooms and re-loading took me right back into that room.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, turniplord said:

PS5 version, crashed about 9 times so far. It's when I've been playing for 5+ hours or it's resumed from rest mode (and played for an hour or so) - it'll crash on the final boss and act like that entire run didn't happen, even though it actually auto-saves every time you go into a new room.

I also found it crashed on every run with the gun - I've literally not completed the game with the gun yet as it triggers the crash, yet I've done around 30 runs with all the other weapons.

I'm in the EU and the NA version got a patch on Friday - EU hasn't got the patch yet for some reason - so maybe that fixes it? 

I'm just closing the game after two complete runs, then reopening it and carrying on - so far it's not crashed unexpectedly.

Having the same issue, ps5, final boss crash with the gun. It's a shame that I don't like the gun as well lol.

I didn't have any crash issues so far after 20+ runs. But if you are afraid of crash during boss fight you can quit to main menu right after entering boss room. Then you can quit the game and upload your save via cloud. Just redownload save if your game crashes instead of wasting a run.

Ok, so I've notice a thing about these crashes. Maybe it is just a coincidence, but it seems that the game has a problem after resuming. If I minimize the game (go to PS5 home screen), or bring up any PS5 overlay (cards, trophies, share etc.), after going back to game, it crashes after 1-2 hours (not necessarily on final boss). Probably the same with rest mode. When I play the game without interrupting it, no crash. Only tested twice.   

Edited by WildeNick

The game has crashed 2 or 3 times for me in about... 25 or so Escape Attempts?

Base PS4, Digital Version.

For those 2 or 3 crashes it usually crashed in the middle of rooms filled with lots of monsters as I'm dashing all over the place and they're shooting purple beams at me. What differs from my experience, though, is that it always started me right back in the same room! I was very impressed with how I did not lose any progress. It's unfortunate to hear that OP had to start over.

If you are playing on the ps5, that could be the problem. Ive played 3 games on the ps5 and every single one have crashed multiple times when i first started playing them. After the intial  crashes, i havent had anymore after that. I have 35 runs in on ps4 physical. 20 successful runs and no issues. Ive had re8, ratchet and clank, and astros playroom all crash early on. Hard locks most of the time.  Im almost certain this is a ps5 problem. 

Edited by IvoryRose88
  • Like 1