Battlefield 3: Your impressions!

ille1234

In my opinion, this was not all it was hyped up to be, which wasn't to unexpected but i really though that this game would be way better than it actually is.

For starters, the maps feel way to similar to eachother, at least compared to the bc2 maps where there was snow maps, jungle maps, desert maps, forest maps etc. And in this game, all of the maps are based around the middle east, and quite naturally, all the maps are similar because of that.

Also, imo, there are way to few normal guns. Take for example the engineer class, there are only three guns to unlock in that class, all of whom can be obtained within a few days or so.

Number three; the graphics suffer the same demise as the graphics is Crysis 2 did, the textures seem a bit fuzzy around the edges, as if all of the objects are put on top of eachother, they just don't really melt into eachother.

Other than though i think that the game is good, for me it probably won't last as long as BC2 as i've already unlocked every single thing in bothe Assault and Engineer classes, but i'll have to wait and see though, it might grow on me :)

What are your thoughts?

yea....it has re playability for me, but some stuff isnt as good as people made it out to be (as expected)

- SP: story is cliche as hell, been done by almost every War game in the past 5 years. The story has some very fun moments, i had a few "holy fucking shit, that is badass" moments, and i have to say, some of the levels are pretty difficult (cant wait to try on hard), but its a 1-run, then spotty plays for certain moments

- Co-op: Pretty dam decent if i say so. Some of the missions are really difficult, but they are all fun..except for Fire in the Sky and Drop Em Like Liquid at times (i had to practice flying, and staying stealthy the whole time is annoying after a while). The gun unlocks also really help, since some of the guns are really good (M39 EMR), so you play until it unlocks. I'd say that maybe some could use a few more people...up to 4 on hard maybe on like Eleventh Hour and Operation Exodus, but otherwise its fun.

- MP: where all the meat of the game is. the online is really fun...it has a lot of bugs right now (grouping mainly), but the rest is pretty spot on. The animations, the guns, destruction, vehicles...and so on. My few complaints, are some of the attachments (WHY does the 870 MCS have a fucking 7 power scope? that is a standard rifle scope right there...on a shotgun...do the math) the RPG (i will shoot people, and they wont die, then when they shoot me it takes 1 hit), spotting (the icon doesnt always show even when the audio cue goes off, and spotted enemies dont show well from jets), but otherwise its solid. I can tell ill have some fun

basically, they should have just dropped the SP and focused on tweaking the co-op and MP slightly more, and it would have been spot on....OR, they could have just done something besides the same old theme in the story....i think this is the 10th terrorist group ive stopped, and like the 20th nuke/destroy the world plot ive stopped in a war game....NEXT!

• Like 1

- SP: story is cliche as hell, been done by almost every War game in the past 5 years. The story has some very fun moments, i had a few "holy fucking shit, that is badass" moments, and i have to say, some of the levels are pretty difficult (cant wait to try on hard), but its a 1-run, then spotty plays for certain moments

basically, they should have just dropped the SP and focused on tweaking the co-op and MP slightly more, and it would have been spot on....OR, they could have just done something besides the same old theme in the story....i think this is the 10th terrorist group ive stopped, and like the 20th nuke/destroy the world plot ive stopped in a war game....NEXT!

YES! I forgot to go over that :P

The storyline is so cliche it hurts, the only thing that made me want to play through the campaign was the fact that at least the missions were okay. However it becomes quite confusing, one second your chasing a russian guy with a nuke down the street and the next your in a tank trying to get to teheran, all without any kind of explanation what so ever.

I have read and heard pretty much the same thing from a few folks, and sadly I was afraid this would happen. As was to be expected, it seems as if the Devleopers are gearing everything towards online play, and adding SP campaigns as an after-thought and poorly constructed at that.

I realize MP is popular, but there are still plenty of us who enjoly the SP aspects of games as well. It would be nice to see the same effort going into the SP campaigns as they do the MP portions of a game anymore.

I have read and heard pretty much the same thing from a few folks, and sadly I was afraid this would happen. As was to be expected, it seems as if the Devleopers are gearing everything towards online play, and adding SP campaigns as an after-thought and poorly constructed at that.

I realize MP is popular, but there are still plenty of us who enjoly the SP aspects of games as well. It would be nice to see the same effort going into the SP campaigns as they do the MP portions of a game anymore.

The SP was tacked on in this game. This is not BFBC3 which is much more story driven and focused on SP and MP. The Battlefied series was online only. I may be wrong but I think this is the first Battlefield with SP.

But I do whole heartily agree that developers are not spending the proper amount of time on SP campaigns. Why do they feel the need to copy COD? Set yourself apart and focus on different aspects (like the vehicle combat and destruction) and make a GREAT 20-25 hr SP with some originality and a great story.

I'm really liking the game so far, and I've only really played the multiplayer. My friend and I tried some of the coop levels together, but they glitched and wouldn't continue on when we finished the objectives. Haven't touched the single player.

I agree with the spotting, it could be fine tuned/improved. It seems to randomly go on and off, and shows differently for each player. I'll tell my friend to go after someone I tagged, but he won't see the same tag as me.

Also, nine maps? They could have added one more for a nice ten.

Overall though, it's really fun, especially if you can get your buds together to play as a squad. With each person as a different class, you really feel like you're contributing to the game. It's all a rewarding experience to me.

The SP was tacked on in this game. This is not BFBC3 which is much more story driven and focused on SP and MP. The Battlefied series was online only. I may be wrong but I think this is the first Battlefield with SP.

Yes, I am very much aware that this is Battlefeild and not Bad Company, I have played all the Battlefeilds on the PC; so I am very familar wiht them from hands-on experience.

However, When BF3 was announced for the PS3, DICE also mentioned that the SP campaign would not only be an added bonus, but every bit as good as the MP aspects of the game.

It appears as if this is not the case.

Look at most the player remarks and reviews, the online portion of the game gets rave reviews, not so with the SP. Regardess of Battlefeilds history and my own experience playing them, if they had intended the SP campaign to be so lacking, they should have just stated such, rather than pushing the SP aspects of the game as a departure from the previous BF series.

Although I have yet to play it, it does appear as if BF3 is geared every much for online play as it ever was; which is not what was promised nor delivered from what I have been reading and hearing about.