4-500 ping making it impossible to play killers for me, let alone get the trophies. How do i fix it?

When i play killers my ping is permanently 4-500. Meaning survivors teleporting when i chase. Making it impossible to play the game, let alone get trophies. Is there any way to fix this? I'm on ps5, never had connection issues before, and my internet is fine.

31 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

The servers for this game are P2P which means you're at the mercy of whoever the host is and what country they're in so all you can do is try and pick games with hosts who are closer to your current location.

As far as i know, the killer is always the host. Meaning it's me 

5 minutes ago, evs_castro said:

The game has dedicated servers for a quite a few months already.

This could be a issue on their end. Does this problem happens aswell when you play solo survivor?

Sorry, my bad - for some reason I confused this with Friday the 13th ?.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

30 minutes ago, evs_castro said:

This could be a issue on their end. Does this problem happens aswell when you play solo survivor?

I haven't noticed anything as solo survivor, as in, the killer does not teleport.

4 minutes ago, evs_castro said:

I asked about solo survivor because then you'll guaranteed to play on your region servers, but the same doesn't apply if your playing SWF with people from other regions. That shouldn't happen when playing killer tho lol

As i said. My ping is giga high . . Apparently no way to make it go down

There is a bug in the game when survivors use certain exhaustion perks like dead hard the game glitches for a minute and they "teleport" but it is a controlled movement still, it is very annoying, but perhaps this is what you are experiencing?

7 minutes ago, Denvirus said:

There is a bug in the game when survivors use certain exhaustion perks like dead hard the game glitches for a minute and they "teleport" but it is a controlled movement still, it is very annoying, but perhaps this is what you are experiencing?

Nah it's constantly when close in a chase. They will warp further forward, further backwards. Sound like they get hit, but they don't. Delayed pallet drops etc. They can even unhook people in front of me cause I'm not able to hit them. It's horrible. If i play any other online game on pjawptatgm,there is no problem. If i play league of legends on pc my ping is 25-50. But dead by daylight . . Warp fest at 4-500 ping. Survivors openly mocking me. It's super frustrating.

• 1 year later...

The problem of high ping can be related to your Internet provider or the game server itself. I checked it through a special service https://www.host-tracker.com/en/ic/ping-test where I entered the server address or my IP address. If the problem is on the side of the game server, then you can change the game server manually.

Edited by bresttest

On 2021-08-23 at 2:06 PM, evs_castro said:

Months? It’s been two years ago that dedicated servers were implemented.