Doom 3 VR - thoughts- asking

ddd49

I saw that this game came out on VR and that it is currently on sale. I was thinking about picking it up and I wanted to ask any experts in the community a couple of questions. 

1. does it have any needless online trophies? I saw that a previous version, this game had online trophies, so I was wondering. 

2. what are your thoughts on the current sale price ($10 USD) the aim controller is my favorite way to play VR and I'm wondering if this is the next great experience. I've loved both of the doom 2016 and eternal games but I have never played doom 3 in any form. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/30/2021 at 3:31 AM, ddd49 said:

I saw that this game came out on VR and that it is currently on sale. I was thinking about picking it up and I wanted to ask any experts in the community a couple of questions. 

1. does it have any needless online trophies? I saw that a previous version, this game had online trophies, so I was wondering. 

2. what are your thoughts on the current sale price ($10 USD) the aim controller is my favorite way to play VR and I'm wondering if this is the next great experience. I've loved both of the doom 2016 and eternal games but I have never played doom 3 in any form. 

1.) Game does not have any online trophies.

2.) The aim controller is flawless and is the best way to play. Amazing value for $10. This was my first visit with Doom 3 as well!

Edited by MikeCheck--
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well I've played Doom 3 many times since 2004, but I think the VR version is the best way to play and also a must play for anyone with PSVR. Aim controller is definitely the way to do it. Having a physical gun and being able to quickly look and aim anywhere actually makes this game a lot easier in VR than non-VR.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
On 1/20/2022 at 9:26 AM, MikeCheck-- said:

You should finish the game in 7-8 hours easily, don't worry about it much. 

Have you platinumed it? What's the difficulty? I own the Aim controller if that helps make it easier?

Edited by MrTacoNinja

12 hours ago, MrTacoNinja said:

Have you platinumed it? What's the difficulty? I own the Aim controller if that helps make it easier?

If I give advice on something, just assume I have obtained the Platinum lol.

Aim controller is the way to go, it’s insanely fun. Only thing that’s tough is nightmare difficulty but you can literally save every 10 seconds. 

I obtained collectibles + speed run trophy with no issues like Mayhem above 

Edited by MikeCheck--

5 hours ago, MikeCheck-- said:

If I give advice on something, just assume I have obtained the Platinum lol.

Aim controller is the way to go, it’s insanely fun. Only thing that’s tough is nightmare difficulty but you can literally save every 10 seconds. 

I obtained collectibles + speed run trophy with no issues like Mayhem above 

Okie dokie! Thanks doooood! ?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...