Trophies are out! Looks easy!

UltraJaxel

Tales games run the gamut on grinding for trophies. Some games require 1,000 hours of grinding, some don't.

This looks to be on the easier side. No trophies for learning all character skills or watching all skits. Though there are the requirements for completing 70 sub-quests and watching 300 skits. As long as that's not 100%, it could be possible to platinum the game in a single playthrough.

There appear to be 5 optional bosses.

I have played and completed EVERY Mothership tales game except Rebirth and Destiny 2; both which never came to America, or never had an English ROM patch.
https://psnprofiles.com/Jaxelrod?search=tales

Edited by Jaxelrod
  • Like 2

I'll be waiting until a trophy guide is published before I give this game (would be my first Tales game) a try. It's definitely on my wish list, though. I like the list. Seems much simpler compared to previous Tales games. I wasn't planning on going for the Plat for Arise, but it might be doable!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, KenobiEagle said:

I'll be waiting until a trophy guide is published before I give this game (would be my first Tales game) a try. It's definitely on my wish list, though. I like the list. Seems much simpler compared to previous Tales games. I wasn't planning on going for the Plat for Arise, but it might be doable!

Graces F or Berseria are great starting points if you ask me. They are probably the most "fun"; although their stories are meh.

My personal favorites are Phantasia (the PSX version, with an English ROM patch) and Eternia. I would even recommend Legendia.

A lot of people think Abyss and Symphonia are the best; but I think they are the worst; terrible stories with terrible combat engines.

Actually was interested in this one, haven’t really played Tales games but I like JRPG’s as long as the trophy list isn’t garbage. This one actually looks pretty doable with a bit of grind which I’m fine with. 

Will wait for a guide and see if I’m right but will likely pick this up at some point!

6 hours ago, Deluziion90 said:

So,

I LOVE persona 5/royal, I enjoyed nino kuni 2 a lot and ofcourse I played FF7 Remake.. and thought Scarlet Nexus was meh..

The question for someone who's not that much into JRPG's as main genre. Will I like this game?

Feel like we have similar tastes, so I will do my best to tackle this. One difference is I do love JRPGs.

For Scarlet Nexus - did extensive search on reviews and gameplay videos on both YouTube and Twitch, and just feel it is "empty/hollow." Never bought.

Persona 5/Royal are in my eyes once-in-a-generation type of games, along with Persona 4 Golden of course. 10/10 across the board 

Ni no Kuni and Ni no Kuni II are both great titles (8 and 9/10, respectively). FF7R was a wonderful game (9/10), but the fandom died down super quickly. I think Tales of Arise will be a really good title given the demo (I suggest trying the demo even if it's super short). The aesthestics, environment, gameplay all seem stellar; plot quality and character development TBD of course. I've only played Tales of Xillia 1 & 2, and found the Tales of Arise demo to be stronger, and I enjoyed Xillia 1 very much.

• Like 1

On 9/7/2021 at 11:26 AM, Jaxelrod said:

Tales games run the gamut on grinding for trophies. Some games require 1,000 hours of grinding, some don't.

This looks to be on the easier side. No trophies for learning all character skills or watching all skits. Though there are the requirements for completing 70 sub-quests and watching 300 skits. As long as that's not 100%, it could be possible to platinum the game in a single playthrough.

There appear to be 5 optional bosses.

I have played and completed EVERY Mothership tales game except Rebirth and Destiny 2; both which never came to America, or never had an English ROM patch.
https://psnprofiles.com/Jaxelrod?search=tales

I didn't see Tales of Symphonia, though I only ask because I want to love it but I'm deadly stuck at an early boss fight that I just cannot beat and I was going to ask for a suggestion.

2 hours ago, IrreverentGamer said:

I didn't see Tales of Symphonia, though I only ask because I want to love it but I'm deadly stuck at an early boss fight that I just cannot beat and I was going to ask for a suggestion.

I didn't replay Symphonia for the PS3 era. In my eyes, it is the third WORST mothership title and have no interest in playing it again, let alone 4 times to platinum it.

On 9/11/2021 at 11:06 AM, Jaxelrod said:

I didn't replay Symphonia for the PS3 era. In my eyes, it is the third WORST mothership title and have no interest in playing it again, let alone 4 times to platinum it.

I totally understand, I find it to be a bit punishing.  I've been stuck at Adolucia for years and just never went back.