Can't play PS5 version

mountain_1994

So i got the collectors edition of the ps4 version (had a ps4 at the time) But now i've got a ps5, I know how to upgrade games so i can play the ps5 version but for some reason this game only comes up with the demo.

Anyone know how to unlock the PS5 version or have i done something wrong?

14 minutes ago, mountain_1994 said:

So i got the collectors edition of the ps4 version (had a ps4 at the time) But now i've got a ps5, I know how to upgrade games so i can play the ps5 version but for some reason this game only comes up with the demo.

Maybe you have to wait for the official release. I had this problem a few months ago.

Edited by Pinselneo

10 minutes ago, Alayaes said:

Yeah i checked them out before but nothing was coming up for me when i followed their instructions 

3 minutes ago, Pinselneo said:

Maybe you have to wait for the official release. I had this problem a few months ago.

I think you might be right, i was fortunate enough to ge my copy early.

Ah well, i'll just play the game twice then ?

21 minutes ago, mountain_1994 said:

Luckily you actually got your Collector's Edition... Bamco emailed me last night saying it might be late...

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, mountain_1994 said:

Yeah i checked them out before but nothing was coming up for me when i followed their instructions 

I think you might be right, i was fortunate enough to ge my copy early.

Ah well, i'll just play the game twice then 1f602.png

Wait for it :D tomorrow is the release haha

1 hour ago, mountain_1994 said:

To my understandings, the games obtained through the PS4-to-PS5 upgrade are not actually read from the disk, but rather they are the PS Store digital version of the PS5 game altogether (the inserted disk is just a proof that you actually own the game, a "key" that temporarily unlocks the license for the digital upgraded version). This means that, if the store has not released the game yet, you cannot upgrade it. As others said, wait midnight/tomorrow and you should be able to do so 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, VukshaCage said:

@mountain_1994 Did you find the solution to this? I am in a same boat? Bought the Collector's edition for PS4, as it was available at the vendor, did free upgrade to PS5, but there are no items in unclaimed DLC section, while everything is present in PS4 version.  

Talked with Bandai Namco support this morning, looks like it is a bug, they have sent me a ps5 collector's edition code, and now i have all the bonus items in game. Until they fix, seems this is the only solution possible for now. :)
Have to say, they were really nice and helpful! Matter was sorted in a matter of minutes!

21 hours ago, VukshaCage said:

@mountain_1994 Did you find the solution to this? I am in a same boat? Bought the Collector's edition for PS4, as it was available at the vendor, did free upgrade to PS5, but there are no items in unclaimed DLC section, while everything is present in PS4 version.  

I got it sorted on the day of release, just had to wait till the game offically came out.

9 hours ago, VukshaCage said:

Talked with Bandai Namco support this morning, looks like it is a bug, they have sent me a ps5 collector's edition code, and now i have all the bonus items in game. Until they fix, seems this is the only solution possible for now. :)
Have to say, they were really nice and helpful! Matter was sorted in a matter of minutes!

I have seen people run into problems with dlc, glad you could get it sorted :)