Partial guide

visighost

Given the lack of information on the game, I jotted down some notes as I was going for the platinum. Hope it will help others. If anyone has more specific information on the pets/scrolls, please add.

Unmissable:

-All bosses, all special abilities (A Spark of Hope is an ability as well)

Miscellaneous:

-As soon as you get the Bomb special ability, throw one at an NPC. This used to be glitched, but I got the trophy at the first village I visited once I had the ability.

-Roll 500 times (should come naturally, it's faster than walking)

-Light 50 lanterns should come naturally as well. There are plenty of dark areas later on.

-Cleansing creatures should also come naturally. Just throw bombs / dash / stomp at everything!
-Banish trophies should come naturally. Just use your various abilities. Some rooms towards the end have constantly spawning enemies.

-None are missable as you can continue after the end, and you'll be in the last room again.

Endings (potentially missable):

-You pick up the last artifact just before the end, after beating the last boss. I backed up my save just in case, but I would strongly recommend doing the first, without-all-artifacts ending first, by talking to SPOILER without picking it up, then choosing Continue after the credits, which will take you back to the same room. Pick up the staff and speak to SPOILER again to trigger the second ending (assuming you have all the other artifacts as well).

Collectibles:

-I haven't noted the location of everything (just a few scrolls, as per below), but provided how many you should look for in the various islands below. There are some secret rooms, so try bumping in walls. Try and pick up everything you see, but don't forget to come back once you have all the abilities as they might be needed in some cases.

-Note that there are a few more heart pieces than you need for the 10 Hearts trophy (you need 21 and I found 26).

-The Complete Island trophies do not take into consideration pets and scrolls, so don't be fooled! You may have those trophies and still need to find some.

-I would recommend keeping tab of what you've found as per the list below to at least know in which area you're missing something. There are sadly no detailed maps or fast travel.

-There is one map piece per area. If you can't find it, it may be in the other time period... The Hub map piece gave me a hard time. Here's how to find it:

Spoiler

Go inside the end-game tower, and climb until you get outside the tower. Towards the right, with the murder of crows, you'll notice one that is flying lower than the platform. Drop off the platform there for a map piece and a heart piece.

-None are missable as far as I can tell, but going across the maps is a major pain in the ass (I couldn't figure out how to get out of the Ice Island after my second visit, for example), so I would STRONGLY recommend being as thorough as you can the first time around, and only give up on visible collectibles if you're absolutely sure you can't get to them with the abilities you currently have (e.g. you need stomp to get to a pet through an underwater tunnel).

Forest Island:

-14 pets

-10 heart pieces

-Scrolls: 2, 3, 7, 10, and 13

-3 artifacts

Desert Island:

-16 pets

-9 heart pieces

-Scrolls 1, 4, 6 (archives in the present), 8 (archives in the past), 11 (after archives boss), 15 (in front of dragon), 16

-2 artifacts

Ice Island:

-14 pets

-4 heart pieces

-Scrolls: 5 (palace), 9 (entrance to 6th boss), 12 (statue of two crows and guardian, in the past)

-2 artifacts

Tower:

-4 heart pieces

-Scroll: 14 (past big blue beam you can enter at the end)

-2 artifacts

Edited by visighost
  • Like 3

I would probably add some warning for the first ending which is missable. If you pick up the artifact and do the "all artifacts ending" and then you do another save, there will be no way to do the easy ending and you will have to replay the whole game.

I wish I could help you with the map piece but I can't really remember which one that was. The collectibles are real pain tho.

• Like 1

Thanks. Made it a bit clearer and added a few recommendations. A few trackers and fast travel would have made that game SO much more enjoyable.

The map I'm missing is from the central area where you can take doors to all islands. Not a map piece to be seen...

Edited by visighost

15 hours ago, visighost said:

Thanks. Made it a bit clearer and added a few recommendations. A few trackers and fast travel would have made that game SO much more enjoyable.

The map I'm missing is from the central area where you can take doors to all islands. Not a map piece to be seen...

Worst case, I would recommend visiting their Discord and they will surely provide you with a hint.

• 2 years later...

Thanks to Visighost, I had a reference for collectibles and such to reduce my exploring at least a little bit.

Still took quite a while to jot down everything. And it turns out I missed one Heart Piece (I counted my pieces, then noticed I missed a location).

In total, I found 27 heart pieces, all scrolls, map fragments, pets, and artifacts.

They're reasonably ordered by encounter-as-you-play. Some are added after a revisit with one or more abilities (noted in gold and italic).

I've also noted when I swapped timelines, in case this is important for keeping track.

Almost all boss battle areas are inaccessible after beating the boss.

Every region is accessible by either re-running through the level, or backtracking from the boss's exit.

In case the Ice Island slide gates softlock your game: Travel to the future and find a save point that allows you access to the caves without the need to time travel. Exit to XMB, then start the game. You should be able to leave the island again.

Forest Island
- Prosperous Village
(Past)
Scroll 2: Oro the Elder’s house, above the pond west of the village, indoors
Scroll 3: Yuis house, basement
Scroll 13: Li, above the pond west of the village
Heart Piece 1: Mayors house (top of the hill), upper floor
Pet 1:  in front of the windmill
(Future)
Scroll 10: right of the windmill (requires double jump)

- Ancient Ruins
Pet 2: west “outside”, next to the chain
Pet 3: above pet 2
Pet 4: from the save point east of pet 3, take the passage east, down, then west, at the end
Pet 5: from pet 4, go east, up the elevator, then back west
(After forest guardian)

- Sacred Grounds

Pet 6: east from pet 5, across the (unbroken) stone bridge
Heart Piece 2: at the end of the trial, east of the save point with the falling block
— Forest guardian (past)
Map fragment: from guardian, enter dark cave eastwards and go up and westwards, up two unlit chains

- Ancient Ruins
Ability (Eversight): from the guardian, go west and up
Heart Piece 3: from Eversight, go west
Map fragment: from Heart Piece 3, go west into secret cave, and the end

- Sacred grounds
Heart Piece 4: once outside, west of the waterfall, up and west of the save point between spiked worms into a secret cave

- Marshlands
Artifact 1 (Word lock): elevator down, then east. Use green worm to jump high enough.
(Future)
Map fragment (Prosperous Village): Yuis house, access basement from Marshlands cave.
Pet 7: west and up from the now-covered entrance to the cave.
(Past)

Map fragment: in the large tree with the vines
Pet 13: west of the large tree (requires double jump)
(Future)
Heart Piece 5: up and west from the time shifter
Pet 8: above heart piece 5
Pet 9: far west and up from the Temple of Rebirth
(Past)

- Temple of Rebirth
Artifact 3 (Prism Arrows): at the end of the trial
Map fragment: below the slowly ascending broad platform
Pet 10: left side of the slowly ascending broad platform
Pet 11: from pet 10, go up, west, the down below the save point
(Future)

- Hanging gardens
Map fragment: west entrance, drop down into the hole before the first mud pool
(Past)
Dread Worm: 2 hits make it drop explosives, 5 hits too, 6 hits kills it
Ability (Everlight Bomb): after battle with Dread Worm, enter monolith and go east
Heart Piece 6: east of Everlight Bomb

- Waterfall basin
Map fragment above the save point next to Koi, use a bomb to climb up to the grate and go east.
(Future)

- Waterfall spring (cave system of basin)
Map fragment: upper right corner
Ability (Double Jump): after opening the portal to the temple in the Waterfall Spring, go in and go east
Pet 12: after getting double jump, head back out and east. Jump across the large gap.
Pet 14: intermediary cave in basin/waterfal

- Temple of Life
Heart Piece 7: from Double Jump ability, go east and up the vines
Scroll 7: after opening the double doors (jump across multiple spiders up and west)
Map fragment: from scroll 7, go up and pass the two 3-laser passages, keep going west and use the green worm to jump high enough to get past the laser barrier.
Artifact (Robin’s Wrench): at the end of the trial

Heart Piece 8: (forgot to note the location, sorry)

Ability (glow): after Shadow Corruptor
Heart Piece 9: right of the Glow ability

14 pets
9/10 heart pieces
Artifacts 1, 2, 3
Scrolls 2, 3, 7, 10, 13

Desert Island (future)
- Floating islands

- Nomadic village
Map fragment: west of the time portal
(Past)
Scroll 16: Narangerel, center of the village, next to the windy pipe
Scroll 1: Sarangerel, west end of the village, next to the windy pipe
Heart Piece 10: west end, after the brambles, west of the Panzer Punk Beetle in a secret cave
Pet 21: above Heart Piece 10, requires Dash or (future)
Scroll 4: inside the house of Ayangin Khurd (the timekeeper)

- Lush oasis
Pet 15: west and up from the Panzer Ram Beetle, below the large basin, next to the waterfall
Map fragment (lush oasis): above the central save point in the basin, very top of the level

- Blustery Mountains
(Future)
Pet 16: near the time-portal
Heart Piece 11: from the save point after the dark cave, go up the wind stream, jump east onto a small ledge and to east into the secret cave
Heart Piece 12: after activating the central “diamonds”-monolith, head east to the save point, then up the cliffs on the east side.
From Heart Piece 12, go west up the vines and the small ladder, go west and up the mountainside.
Pet 17: from the vines/small ladder, go down and westwards, enter the alcove
Pet 28: from the vines/small ladder, go west, up the cliff wall, then jump off westwards (leap of faith). Fall west of the monolith, then ride all air currents upwards to reach the high ledge. Go west, past the Panzer Punk Beetle, drop down, the go east again into a canyon, at the bottom, go east and into an open area, the pet is at the east end.
(Past)

- Temple of Rhythm
Heart Piece 13: after the first lava section, below the rising platform
Scroll 15: near the desert guardian
Map fragment (temple of rhythm): below desert guardian
Heart Piece 14: below desert guardian
Ability (Dash): below desert guardian
Heart Piece 15: after the dozens of orbs jumping section, jump below the final double paired orbs spawner on the east side to a hidden section
Artifact 4 (cursed music box) at the end of the trial (entrance: dark cave)
Pet 18: dark cave, west and up from the trial entrance
Heart Piece 16: at the end of the dark cave, go back in and roll through the floor into a secret section,

- The Plateau
Pet 29: after the first dragon chase, go up the cliff to the top, jump into the east-side water pool and swim through the underwater passage. Requires Megastomp.
Map fragment (the plateau): after the second dragon chase, when you fall from a great height into a lake, go west back into the mountain, then upwards
Pet xx: from Map Fragment, go back up to before you fell off the plateau into a lake. Unknown method of reaching (grey dog)
Pet 19: after the second dragon chase, go east and into the mountain, near brambles
Pet 20: after the Vile Dragon boss fight, next to the base of the ladder

(past)

- Floating Islands

Map fragment: (Past) Go all the way up to the top (above the black orb)
Heart Piece 17: (Past) From the start, go east through the dash-door, then further east and downwards

- Dry dunes
Pet 22: from the mine-door, go up and roll/dash against the strong winds up and west
Pet 23: from the wind-generator, go east into the hill
Pet 24: from the guardian, go down and east, near brambles
Map fragment: from the guardian, go west, up and east. Near a trapdoor platform and brambles
Pet 25: from the east Everlight Crystal, go west and up, between two acid droppers

- Temple of Freedom
Scroll 8: above the first save point (after the initial horizontal gust rings)
Pet 26: (past required) on top of the time portal
(Future)
Pet 27: from the time portal, go down, west, and back up and east
Pet 30: (Future) from the time portal, go straight west past the broken top floor, use the MegaStomp trampoline to get back up
Artifact (broken jetpack): at the end of the trial (starts at the giant Everlight Crystal)
Heart Piece 18: after the slow descent, go east underwater into a secret section
Map fragment: after the slow descent, above the save point (near spiked block)

- Ancient Archives
(Past)
Scroll 6: from the entrance, go east, up the elevator, and back west
Map fragment: from the entrance, go up the elevator, then east and down
(Future)
Boss (tormentor): light the crystals to disable the force field, hit with bombs
Heart Piece 19: after the boss
Ability: Megastomp: after the boss
Scroll 11: after the boss, go up and west

16/17 pets
10 Heart Pieces
Artifacts 4, 7
Scrolls 1, 4, 6, 8, 11, 15, 16

Ice island
- Glacial Wall (future)
Pet 31: from the broad rising platform, go west. Hard to miss.

- Fortified village
Pet 32: in the center of the village, near the base, left of the movable cube
Pet 33, 34, 35, 36: west side of the village, inside a 3-story building next to a ladder
Map fragment: inside the monastery at the top, on the middle floor
Scroll 5: inside the monastery at the top, on the bottom floor
(Past)

- Icy Caves
Heart piece 20: from the elevator down, go west and break the icy floor, then go east into a secret cave

Map fragment: from the Everlight crystal device (past), go upwards, then east through some ice-blocks.
(Future)
(Past)

- Frozen Lakes (future)
Pet 37: after going back to the past, go up and eastwards, near two Ice Frogs.
Pet 38: near pet 37, but below it. Travel across the spiked floor.
Map fragment: from the timed elevator, go east
Scroll 12: from the timed elevator, go east to a shrine (two crows and a guardian) (past)
Pet 39: from the timed elevator, to west, up the Hermit Crab Worker platforms, then west. Near a Shrapnel Beetle
(Past)
Heart Piece 21: when pushing the block down to the bottom, you’ll find an Everlight Crystal device, go east into the secret cave

- Temple of Meditation
Map fragment: from the entrance, take the bottom-west door. Go further up after walljumping the moving spiked column. Near hexagonal platforms.
(Future)
Pet 40: After activating all crystals to form the passage up, enter the trial on the west side. At the bottom.
Pet 41: from pet 40, go far east, up, then back west.
Pet 42: from pet 40, go far east, then down.
Heart Piece 22: bottom west of the trial, in a secret cave
Artifact 5) antique bladed shovel: at the end of the trial.
(Boss)
Heart Piece 23: after the boss fight

Ability (Time Freeze): after the boss fight

- Glacial Wall
Pet 43: from the boss, instead of going up towards the Temple of Reflection, go east towards Fortified Village, off the cliff, falling down. Go east to the next area, climb up the rock above the Icehorn Beetle.
Pet 44: after climbing up a chain near a buzz-saw, go west and up. On the cliff’s edge.
Map fragment: after climbing up the retracting platforms on the east edge, go west and up.
Artifact 8 (cloud in a bottle): at the end of the trial. Trial starts near the Icehorn Beetle (west and down from the retracting platforms)

- Temple of Reflection
Scroll 9: at the entrance, on one of the top wooden platforms
Map fragment: after the hyperfast platforms, at the three trampolines, go up and east past two timed gates

14 pets
Artifacts 5, 8
4 Heart Pieces
Scrolls 5, 9, 12

Central Island

- Halls of Time
Heart Piece 24: from the entrance, go east past the save point into a secret section

- The Hub
Map fragment: once outside, go up, the eastwards. At the end there are crows leading up, and one leading down. Drop down.
Heart Piece 25: next to map fragment

- Halls of Time
Map fragment (Halls of Time): in the 20-buttons room
Heart Piece 26: during the second button-gate, go up the sparingly spiked wall, then east into a secret section
Artifact 6 (Runic Slate): after the third button-gate, go up. It’s beyond a timed gate
Map fragment (conduit): near the artifact, beyond a timed platform
Heart Piece 27: next to the Conduit map fragment, beyond a timed platform
Scroll 12: west of the blue stream

Artifact (timekeeper's staff): after the final boss.

Don't pick this up until you've got the "Price of Peace" trophy.

• Like 4

• 3 months later...

Can anyone explain why I only have one Monolith shard and cannot access the Chamber of Light? This is after the second boss fight. 

It seems to me that some progression bug occurred. I should have two of these stupid shards; I know that for a fact, but I have one.

If this happens again on a new playthrough, either I'm missing something vital, or the game is hopelessly broken.

EDIT: I've since restarted the game and completed it today. The info posted above was immensely helpful, though I tried to discover as much on my own as possible. 

Nothing permanently glitched this time, although combing through entire levels for missing collectibles can be risky once the boss room becomes inaccessible. There was a point in the Desert Island where I struggled to backtrack, since it was clearly designed to go in one direction. Maybe I missed something, I don't know. It's so easy to get lost or confused while navigating the world. I already struggle with directions and am very reliant on in-game maps, so this game challenged me in this area more than I would've liked.

One last oddity: I apparently discovered 28 heart pieces AND my counter at the end said 45/44 Pets. I've no idea how the latter happened, except that I found 17 in Desert Island. Which one it was that wasn't mentioned above I couldn't say.

Edited by luketheduke12
Update and new info