Will US version work on PAL EUR?

zgz93

Hi everyone,

So I'm about to buy this game and finally complete it, but I've discovered DLC is delisted :(

I've found a download link on a Reddit post (not confirmed to be trustworthy but it seems to be) so I'm wondering if that would work on an EUR version since it says the DLC is US.

ps: I'm not sharing the link in case that break our behaviour rules.

On 9/17/2021 at 8:16 AM, totallycrushed said:

PS3 isn't region locked so you could just buy NTSC copy of the game and then buy the DLCs from an NA PSN Store.

Not exactly true.

While the EU copy will run on a US console (and vice versa) the EU copy might not recognize the US DLC.

The same reasons apply to various versions of games. For example my UK collector's edition of Dragon Age Origins doesn't recognize my EU regular edition save games.

You could try buying the US version on disc and check if you can load your EU savegames. It would at least indicate the chances of compatibility.

Then again, having the US disc will negate the problem completely (US disc must work with US DLC).

If you haven't got the EU disc, my advice it to get the US disc instead and avoid any chances of missing out on DLC.

On 9/17/2021 at 8:12 AM, zgz93 said:

I've found a download link [...]

Downloading the game/DLC files doesn't immediately allow you to play them. You're better off using a US account to get the DLC from the PSN store (assuming it's there).

Edited by Shikotei-kun

1 hour ago, Shikotei-kun said:

Not exactly true.

While the EU copy will run on a US console (and vice versa) the EU copy might not recognize the US DLC.

The same reasons apply to various versions of games. For example my UK collector's edition of Dragon Age Origins doesn't recognize my EU regular edition save games.

That is literally what I said :D PS3 isn't region locked. If the DLC is still available on NA PSN, they'll need a NTSC copy of the game.

• Like 1