Questions about DLC Hotwheels Pass Vol. 1

dRoxas88

Can someone help me to confirm whether the Hotwheels Pass Vol. 1 DLC bind to an account or can be shared to another account?

I’m interested in buying the physical disc version of the game - “Challenge Accepted Edition” which include the Hotwheels Pass Vol. 1 DLC, but the game is only available in Region Euro (in my retailer)

If I’m buying this version, I’m gonna redeem the code using my secondary account (Euro PSN account and set it as primary on my console), and then play using my main account which is Region Asia. So, I need to confirm whether this method will work or not with the DLC.

Hope someone can help me confirming this, thanks for your help.

Edited by dRoxas88

32 minutes ago, dRoxas88 said:

Can someone help me to confirm whether the Hotwheels Pass Vol. 1 DLC bind to an account or can be shared to another account?

I’m interested in buying the physical disc version of the game - “Challenge Accepted Edition” which include the Hotwheels Pass Vol. 1 DLC, but the game is only available in Region Euro (in my retailer)

If I’m buying this version, I’m gonna redeem the code using my secondary account (Euro PSN account and set it as primary on my console), and then play using my main account which is Region Asia. So, I need to confirm whether this method will work or not with the DLC.

It really depends of the game, doesn't matter if is a ps4 or ps5 game. But usually dlc that is a currency in game only works in the mais account (you can redeem multiple times), but if is a new chapter from the story or extra weapons you can use in another account (one time only purchase).

27 minutes ago, barra333 said:

Someone from Codemasters (different dev, I know) told me that PS5 DLC is locked to the account that buys it. I have not confirmed this either way myself, as I do not have any PS5 DLC to try it with.

Just for exemple i have watch dogs legion and doom eternal dlc for PS5 version in my other account and can use in my main account. It really depends if you use the same game and dlc region and if the dlc can be purchased multiple times (only main account) or one time only (can use in other account if the accout you did the purchase is a primary account). But i Don't know how this dlc works, so i can't say for sure (seeing what comes with the pass vol.1, the dlc probably will work) 

4 minutes ago, rwd1997 said:

Just for exemple i have watch dogs legion and doom eternal dlc for PS5 version in my other account and can use in my main account. It really depends if you use the same game and dlc region and if the dlc can be purchased multiple times (only main account) or one time only (can use in other account if the accout you did the purchase is a primary account). But i Don't know how this dlc works, so i can't say for sure (seeing what comes with the pass vol.1, the dlc probably will work) 

I know that game and DLC generally have to be purchased by the same account/region. I bought the year one edition of Dirt5 on a Canadian account. I can play the game, but not the DLC on my Australian account, and when I pushed CM on it they claim it is a PS5 thing (I smell BS, hence qualifying my post above).

Are both of your accounts from the same region? If they are different, then it is confirmed that CM were telling stories to get around their own shitty practices the accessibility of DLC is down to developer preferences.

12 minutes ago, barra333 said:

I know that game and DLC generally have to be purchased by the same account/region. I bought the year one edition of Dirt5 on a Canadian account. I can play the game, but not the DLC on my Australian account, and when I pushed CM on it they claim it is a PS5 thing (I smell BS, hence qualifying my post above).

Are both of your accounts from the same region? If they are different, then it is confirmed that CM were telling stories to get around their own shitty practices the accessibility of DLC is down to developer preferences.

my main account is EUA and i buy my game and DLC's now in my Brazilian account, but both are the same region 

43 minutes ago, rwd1997 said:

It really depends of the game, doesn't matter if is a ps4 or ps5 game. But usually dlc that is a currency in game only works in the mais account (you can redeem multiple times), but if is a new chapter from the story or extra weapons you can use in another account (one time only purchase).

Yes, I’m fully aware that this DLC things really depend on the game. That’s why I hope someone who already bought the DLC can share their experiences.

I have experienced DLC bind to the account that redeemed the code when I bought physical disc Deluxe Edition Tribes of Midgard (Region EU),  although at first it seems the Deluxe content can be shared (an in-game item costume and skin like). It’s a bit of a waste that I can’t use the deluxe content of the game in my main account, so I need to check what about this Hotwheels DLC to avoid experiencing the same thing again.

Edited by dRoxas88

On 2021/9/30 at 10:48 PM, dRoxas88 said:

Hi

I got Challenge Accepted Edition today

can conform Hot wheels Pass Vol. 1 DLC can share to another account 

I redeemed DLC code in Taiwan account (Main acc)

and my United States account can use DLC car “Bone Shaker™ Unleashed Edition” in game

my game is EU version

game’s cover https://imgur.com/9B1d942

but somehow I can redeemed DLC code in Taiwan account (Asia region)

that’s weird, because usually EU code can’t redeem in Taiwan account 

Sorry for my bad English 

I hope that can help you.

Edited by HartmannD
  • Like 1

On 10/4/2021 at 0:57 AM, HartmannD said:

Hi

I got Challenge Accepted Edition today

can conform Hot wheels Pass Vol. 1 DLC can share to another account 

I redeemed DLC code in Taiwan account (Main acc)

and my United States account can use DLC car “Bone Shaker” in game

my game is EU version

game’s cover https://imgur.com/9B1d942

but somehow I can redeemed DLC code in Taiwan account (Asia region)

that’s weird, because usually EU code can’t redeem in Taiwan account 

Sorry for my bad English 

I hope that can help you.

Thanks for your info, actually mine already arrived today (Challenge Accepted Edition Reg 2) and as you said at first I’m shock that the HW Pass Code Vol. 01 can’t be redeemed in my PSN EU account.

This is weird that the DLC can be redeemed on my PSN Region 3 account (although the game is Reg 2 EU)

Luckily, although the DLC is Region 3 and the Base game is Region 2 it still works (hope many games implement this kind of cross region DLC compatibility).

and for the HW Pass Content, I think they will be released periodically, the only one that I know that is already released is the Bone Shaker.

Thanks for your help, hopefully this post can help others who buys this game also and avoid any confusion on the DLC.

Edited by dRoxas88
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Kinda wish I did not pick up the Season Pass 1. First expansion that comes out isn't even included in it? I paid $80+ for the Game+Pass and a few months later I'm already paying for more DLC? Major oof. The cars they give you as part of the Season Pass aren't even usable, they are slow, bad stats, etc. If I could go back in time I'd "steer" clear of this Season Pass.

[EDIT: Logged in tonight after work and the Batman Expansion is now accessible to me, no price! Must have needed to wait a day or reboot or something? I feel better now.] 

Edited by tranquility101

22 minutes ago, tranquility101 said:

Kinda wish I did not pick up the Season Pass 1. First expansion that comes out isn't even included in it? I paid $80+ for the Game+Pass and a few months later I'm already paying for more DLC? Major oof. The cars they give you as part of the Season Pass aren't even usable, they are slow, bad stats, etc. If I could go back in time I'd "steer" clear of this Season Pass.

Wait, you're saying the Batman expansion isn't included in the SP? That's awful bullshit if true. I picked up the PS4 and PS5 discs on Black Friday sales, but I find the add on content for this game to be really confusing in terms of layout, not to mention overpriced.

But if you're saying that buying the first season pass, which is more than the actual game, still doesn't include the expansion, then fuck it, I'm returning them.

EDIT - according to the official page, the Expansion should be included with the SP1 purchase. I would spam the hell out of Milestones if this isn't true

https://hotwheelsunleashed.com/news/discover-the-hot-wheels-pass-vol-1

• Like 2

3 hours ago, tranquility101 said:

The Vol. 1 Pass DOES include the Batman Expansion. If you're referring to the DC Racing Season, no, that is not included in the Vol. 1 Pass, but all the other paid items should be. As @diskdocx said, if you have the Vol. 1 Pass and you did not receive the Batman Expansion (make sure you check the PS Store and see if you need to "purchase" it for free), then definitely contact Milestone support.

• Like 1

Hey everyone, update on my situation. I now have access to the Batman Expansion!

Logged in today after work and the Batman Expansion is now available, and I downloaded it for no price, and it says "Available in HOT WHEELS Pass Vol. 1." 

I swear it didn't say that last night! Day one woes perhaps...  Either way, now I'm all good! Thanks for looking out.