Act trophies dont pop through quickplay?

Sarsky

2 hours ago, aZombieDictator said:

My trophies popped when I went to base. Played got a few hours almost clearing act 1, extremely confused why no trophies popped.

As soon as I went back to base 9 trophies popped.

Biggest issue was i did go back to base no trophies, didnt quit or back out, i think quick play cancels trophy

2 hours ago, aZombieDictator said:

My trophies popped when I went to base. Played got a few hours almost clearing act 1, extremely confused why no trophies popped.

As soon as I went back to base 9 trophies popped.

Biggest issue was i did go back to base no trophies, didnt quit or back out, i think quick play cancels trophy

Did a private match start to end of cargo level and only recruit trophy popped no veteran, i think quick play screws over trophy progress.

1 hour ago, Sarsky said:

So i found out that quickplay will not track progress officially, so if you join using quick play it will save starting point but will not pop trophies so you will have to go back.

Hey, I did the second half of ACT 3 veteran on quick play with randoms, I then had a proper hosted game and did the first half of ACT 3 veteran and got the trophy for it. On quickplay you won’t unlock the starting points for the acts but going off what I said it’ll track for the trophy.

• Like 1

I've gotten the Recruit and Veteran trophies through a mix of quickplay and hosting. I did have an issue with 1 trophy and some checkpoints at first. I kept track of my progress in a google sheet and I also had friends share their experience, we noted the following:

- You do not unlock a checkpoint if you haven't earned the one before it. (You need to unlock them in order, quickplay or not. Late joins will still unlock the checkpoint)

- For the trophies, you need to finish every single level (a map is a saferoom to a saferoom portion, not just a checkpoint. In fact, you can earn act trophies without having the checkpoints unlocked if you did not play the maps in order)

- Sometimes when late joining, a level will not count if you spectated the entire duration of the match or if it finishes as you load in. Meaning, even if you have the checkpoint unlocked, that one map will need to be replayed. 

- Late joining and playing a level works, whether it can count if you joined after the prep phase or not is still unclear (I would like confirmation on that.)

Hope this helps.

Edited by kidbestcode
typo
  • Like 3

So I got to the second from last mission (Abandoned) in Act 1 last night and couldn't complete it. This was on a campaign run with a friend. Today, I joined a quick game that happened to be at that exact same mission at pretty much the same point. Completed it and the finale with the group and went back to the lobby. Neither the "complete Blue Dog Hollow" or the "Complete all Act 1" trophies popped.

Went back into the non quickplay campaign option and played through all of Abandoned and the finale again. Trophy for the mine popped but not all the acts. Only thing I could think of is that the first map hadn't properly counted, as I played it solo when given the option as the tutorial. Played through it again and sure enough, the all acts trophy popped.

Between progression not always counting for various reasons, trophies popping with a delay and having to replay missions with the sometimes absurd Tallboy spawn rates, this game is starting to annoy me just a little bit. I'm enjoying it but there's more gripes than I was expecting.

I was playing the finale of 'The Devils Return' mission Act 1 with two friends yesterday and the trophy for completing it didn't pop for them. They were both dead by the end of the mission and have been spectating for quite some time (they died before crossing the bridge right after you shoot the gas tank to break the wall). 

We replayed the mission to test why this happened. One of my friends let himself be killed again on the bridge section and the other one completed the mission. Trophy only popped for the friend who was alive / not spectating. 

So we replayed it again; second friend survived. trophy popped for him. 

None of these matches were quick play. 

So what @kidbestcode@kidbestcode said about trophies not popping for players spectating a long time in a map seems to be correct. 

Maybe someone else have noticed a similiar scenario? 

What I'm finding is that the act trophies will only count if the player has been alive at the end of all the missions for that act. I got the trophy for completing the final Act 2 missions and unlocked Act 3 but had to replay 2 missions in which my character had died before reaching the safe room. It didn't count me taking over a bot - it had to be the character I picked at the start

Seems a bit odd it's like this as the trophy wording is "Complete all missions". If it were "Survive all missions" then that would be clearer. That or an in game record of the maps it's registered as complete.

Going to be a bugger on Nightmare runs where only one person makes it.

Weird update, so i definitely turned bot one time on my runs for act 2 on nightmare but then dced part way on same mission set... however! When i continued and did different missions on act 2 it popped even though i never turned bot on those missions...

Im so confused by this game...

Edited by Sarsky