Mental health

Shaun1094

3 hours ago, Shaun1094 said:

.  Better to try and play singleplayer games if you want to avoid all of that

Or better than that if you really want to play multiplayer games....

Create a thread somewhere and ask like minded gamers if they wish to join. Explain what is it you're wanting to achieve and then gear up. No one has to talk if you're all shy but you can experience chaotic fast paced MP games how they should be enjoyed, but without the keyboard 2inchers giving you shit for no reason. 

• Like 1

Hm, i am not a good person to talk to but I do relate to a lot of you! I do not really wanna share to much here but I struggle with ADHD, PTSD, as well as Undiagnosed severe depression and what I feel to be a dash of heavy anxiety on the side?

I am also very used to be being in a relationship but now after my 7th failed relationship and countless flings at 21 years old, I am feeling very hopeless! Hell I can’t sit still with my thoughts more then an hour before the tears starts overflowing. Now being 7 months single i am starting to adapt a little bit to being “lonely” 

I also have an addiction problem that I have struggled with for 6 years, not gonna get into it because it’s a lot of sensitive stuff? And I am not sure if I will get banned by talking about certain substances.

Anyways I could go on and on but I feel most of you get it, I struggle and you struggle!

I am just glad we are at least able to share some of our kept up emotions here you know?

I hope everyone reading this is able to get the love and support they deserve?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Shaun1094 said:

I agree there are a lot more resources for kids transitioning into teens and teens transitions into adults that have struggles because things like autism and ADHD are becoming a lot more normalised in today’s world. Back then nobody understood so people that had these difficulties were looked at as outcasts. 

Social media is one of the main problems in our society. Teenage girls are becoming depressed because they don’t look like all these fake Kardashians etc who use editing software to completely manipulate their photos and give teenage girls a complex because they think they’re ugly in comparison. Instagram is full of it also.

I’m lucky enough to very thick-skinned, it takes a lot to get to me but a lot of people don’t have that luxury and can become quite distraught by things said to them. Games like Fortnite are definitely not for the faint-hearted like you said they are full of toxic kids and trolls and bullies.  Better to try and play singleplayer games if you want to avoid all of that

Same, I'm kinda skinny too and I try to avoid online if possible.

It took a long time before I got help or actively sought it. But it hasn't been easy. I'm on detox(?) from a 1,5 year long cure and currently in therapy. Before all of that happened I used to drown my sorrow in gaming. I don't want to delve too deep into the gender politics or generalise too much, but I feel that as a someone born as a male, there's the expectation to be resilient. Now, typing this post is my way to defy that and try to open up. ?

I used to do something similar but it went away after a few days. I don't have any mental health problems just wanted to view other health problems ?.  I also wasn't suppose to be born.

Edited by gamercris066

23 hours ago, EnaTenkiyoGaming said:

Note to self: never go to a toxic site like Twitter. It will mentally drain and damage you.

I deleted all the social media apps from my phone because I felt they were taking too much of my time. I read reddit etc. and scroll through Twitter on the laptop but I feel it's sometimes painstaking :D Plus I mainly follow academic and work-related stuff on Twitter, so it ain't too time wasting.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, heavyrockerfin said:

I deleted all the social media apps from my phone because I felt they were taking too much of my time. I read reddit etc. and scroll through Twitter on the laptop but I feel it's sometimes painstaking :D Plus I mainly follow academic and work-related stuff on Twitter, so it ain't too time wasting.

Reddit was giving me serious migraines and anger problems. I finally had to delete my account. It's nothing more than a massive echo chamber where people just boost the virtue signal of their own side without coming up with any introspection or critical thinking.

4 minutes ago, Z1MZUM said:

I'm not saying that I am cured by any stretch of the imagination. It was the day I realized that no-one really gives a shit about you or anyone else that my expectations dropped to the level where I can just accept and move on.

Try telling that to the people complementing suicide and have serious depression issues. If more people took your advice, social media would completely cease to function. I for one, would actually applaud if that happened.

49 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

Try telling that to the people complementing suicide and have serious depression issues. If more people took your advice, social media would completely cease to function. I for one, would actually applaud if that happened.

It's not advise, it's just me. No one cares is no different to "those people actually aren't actually looking at me" in my mind. I don't care that no-one cares, does that make sense?

Social media, ok well it's the devil in disguise really.

Sure I'm born under the spectrum and attract people with the same situation. I have taught myself "or tried" to not exclude myself from different groups.