MSI GV62 7rd Worth Getting?

YROSHIKU

Hey there guys ☺️!

Been thinking about getting a modest gaming laptop, so I did a bit of research within the price range that I can afford and I came across this model. So since I'm a total newbie when it comes down to PC gaming I thought I'll ask before buying, so what do you guys think? Is it any good? Does anyone maybe have a hands on experience with this model or maybe I should look for something better? I'm looking for something I'll be able to play online, like Battlefield, R6 or Genshin Impact and I don't care really about playing them on ultra high settings or anything like that ?. And most likely I'll be playing on it daily for around 2-3 hours, maybe a bit longer during weekends.

Big thanks in advance ?!!

22 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

depends on the price. It has an older gtx1050 in it, a 1 tb hard disk instead of an ssd in it. You should be able to game fine on it, but you'll be around low-medium settings on more recent games to hit higher framerates

The one I've found is a used one and it's for around 520€/605$, plus instead of 1TB HDD it have installed 250 GB SSD and 16GB of RAM. Tho I don't think I'll be playing on it anything too new, maybe if anything I would want to try to run on it COD Warzone/Modern Warfare.

40 minutes ago, AryanPrinceSanty said:

OP, what's your budget like?

Right now I can only spend at most around 550€/640$.

Warzone should be fine, Except for the cheaters,,,, 900 or 720P. Have a look at the settings below. I think saving a bit more would be better for you unless you want it right now. It's not a bad card but with competitive online you really want a good FOV over clarity/resolution. You gain a fair bit lowering from 1080p.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, YROSHIKU said:

The one I've found is a used one and it's for around 520€/605$, plus instead of 1TB HDD it have installed 250 GB SSD and 16GB of RAM. Tho I don't think I'll be playing on it anything too new, maybe if anything I would want to try to run on it COD Warzone/Modern Warfare.

If it has only 250 GB of storage (not sure if I understood correctly), that's really tiny. A lot of games these days are 60 GB and upwards (+ extra if you choose to install high res texture packs). You'll run out of space pretty soon. 
Check out the system requirements for COD Modern Warfare, minimum 246 GB HD space: https://support.activision.com/modern-warfare/articles/minimum-and-recommended-system-requirements-for-call-of-duty-modern-warfare-on-pc
You won't even be able to install it on the machine since Windows requires about 20 GB.

On 10/21/2021 at 10:11 AM, YROSHIKU said:

250 gigs just isn't enough if you plan on gaming on it. R6 siege alone requires 61 gigabytes, windows requires 20 gigs or so, plus the update folder reserve. You wouldn't even be able to play warzone on it due to size requirement.

Also SSDs performance drops the more full the drive gets. At minimum if you plan on gaming a 1TB drive would be ideal

7 hours ago, Z1MZUM said:

Warzone should be fine, Except for the cheaters,,,, 900 or 720P. Have a look at the settings below. I think saving a bit more would be better for you unless you want it right now. It's not a bad card but with competitive online you really want a good FOV over clarity/resolution. You gain a fair bit lowering from 1080p.

Oofff... That's something I've been worrying about, do you know maybe how things look like in R6? As for the video, I would say that looking at the framerate, it looks decent enough and playable, especially running it on 900p and 720p. But yeah, I do agree with you there and definitely FOV is pretty important in this kind of competitive games. Plus it's not like it's an urgent purchase and something that I need right now, so I can definitely wait and save up a little bit more ?. By the way, a bit off the topic but I also found something more expensive and I think something better? It's HP Gaming 15-ec0045nw, what do you think ☺️?

1 hour ago, Eyjabria said:

If it has only 250 GB of storage (not sure if I understood correctly), that's really tiny. A lot of games these days are 60 GB and upwards (+ extra if you choose to install high res texture packs). You'll run out of space pretty soon. 
Check out the system requirements for COD Modern Warfare, minimum 246 GB HD space: https://support.activision.com/modern-warfare/articles/minimum-and-recommended-system-requirements-for-call-of-duty-modern-warfare-on-pc
You won't even be able to install it on the machine since Windows requires about 20 GB.

Yeah you did, it's only 250GB (256GB to be exact ?). So essentially what that means is that almost right after buying it, I would need to put even more money into it and get an additional hard drive, so yeah, I really don't like that idea ☹️. I guess with all the excitement of getting my first gaming laptop I completely forgot that yeah, those games are getting bigger and bigger with each update ?. So I really owe you a big thanks for that reminder, man, I feel so stupid. And wow, to be honest I had no clue that Warzone was this big, holy bananas they really went crazy with it ?.

1 hour ago, SnowxSakura said:

250 gigs just isn't enough if you plan on gaming on it. R6 siege alone requires 61 gigabytes, windows requires 20 gigs or so, plus the update folder reserve. You wouldn't even be able to play warzone on it due to size requirement.

Also SSDs performance drops the more full the drive gets. At minimum if you plan on gaming a 1TB drive would be ideal

Yeah I completely overlooked that little detail, you're completely right. Oh boy, I'm really happy that I decided to try and ask here, because knowing myself and how stupid I am, I would just getting it, without thinking too much about it ?.

1 hour ago, YROSHIKU said:

Oofff... That's something I've been worrying about, do you know maybe how things look like in R6? As for the video, I would say that looking at the framerate, it looks decent enough and playable, especially running it on 900p and 720p. But yeah, I do agree with you there and definitely FOV is pretty important in this kind of competitive games. Plus it's not like it's an urgent purchase and something that I need right now, so I can definitely wait and save up a little bit more 1f604.png. By the way, a bit off the topic but I also found something more expensive and I think something better? It's HP Gaming 15-ec0045nw, what do you think 263a.png?

Yeah you did, it's only 250GB (256GB to be exact 1f605.png). So essentially what that means is that almost right after buying it, I would need to put even more money into it and get an additional hard drive, so yeah, I really don't like that idea 2639.png. I guess with all the excitement of getting my first gaming laptop I completely forgot that yeah, those games are getting bigger and bigger with each update 1f613.png. So I really owe you a big thanks for that reminder, man, I feel so stupid. And wow, to be honest I had no clue that Warzone was this big, holy bananas they really went crazy with it 1f626.png.

Yeah I completely overlooked that little detail, you're completely right. Oh boy, I'm really happy that I decided to try and ask here, because knowing myself and how stupid I am, I would just getting it, without thinking too much about it 1f613.png.

Ideally finding a laptop with an m.2 slot with a small SSD just for the OS and a SATA ssd drive for all of your games is something worth going for. That way if you're ever having trouble with your OS, you can do a fresh install without having to reinstall all of your games since they'd be on a different drive

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

Ideally finding a laptop with an m.2 slot with a small SSD just for the OS and a SATA ssd drive for all of your games is something worth going for. That way if you're ever having trouble with your OS, you can do a fresh install without having to reinstall all of your games since they'd be on a different drive

Definitely gonna keep that in mind, big thanks for the help ☺️!

On 10/23/2021 at 3:00 AM, YROSHIKU said:

Oofff... That's something I've been worrying about, do you know maybe how things look like in R6? As for the video, I would say that looking at the framerate, it looks decent enough and playable, especially running it on 900p and 720p. But yeah, I do agree with you there and definitely FOV is pretty important in this kind of competitive games. Plus it's not like it's an urgent purchase and something that I need right now, so I can definitely wait and save up a little bit more 1f604.png. By the way, a bit off the topic but I also found something more expensive and I think something better? It's HP Gaming 15-ec0045nw, what do you think 263a.png?

I have a GTX 1650 that was replaced by a RTX 2070 Super. To be honest the GTX 1650 was ok for what I used it for, this was a desktop though and on a 60inch panel. It got away with some pretty demanding applications like Sleeping Dogs Definitive edition, Emulators like dolphin, Witcher 2 and 3. Honest opinion? It's a pretty good gpu if you're not looking for 120fps HDR at 4k. It handled Warzone with ease, I played it at 1440p and even got away with 4k. I'll see if I can find a video.