Kill Your Completion 17

Game #6 - Life is Strange: True Colors - Preview

L07e54b.png

Developer : Deck Nine

Publisher: Square Enix

Genre: Adventure

Price: 59,99 €

Last minute change in games.

Anyway, this is the most recent game in the LiS series. Having played all of the other ones, I know what I can expect. Unfortunately these games have been a bit of a mixed bag for me.

The first game I enjoyed the most. Chracters were interesting and story intriguing. Then there was the prequel Before hte Storm, that I don't even remember what it was about, that's how forgettable it was. LiS 2 was promising at first, but turned out to be very "let's be controversial for the sake of being controversial" that started to annoy me and I absolutely hated the kid the game revolved around.

Hoping this one is better, because it's sure enough the most expensive thus far. So if they charge this much for it, they better have polished everything up to the rubber duck's arse in this game.

• Like 1

Game No. 2

L52070a.png

Playing Time: 30 hours

Trophies Earned: 23/35 (64%)

Been waiting for the schedule to slow down to get my reviews in and it’s just taken longer than anticipated so very sorry. 

Final Thoughts: So I wrote earlier that The Crew is one of my all-time favorite games. I was pretty sure the sequel wouldn’t hold up and after playing a ton of The Crew 2, that remains true, but this game is still fun.

I agreed with @voodoo_eyes for the first couple playing hours that this game was horrible. I kept comparing it to the first one and it kept failing with every comparison. But once I stopped playing it like the first game and went with this game’s layout, it became much more enjoyable.
  The biggest difference between the two is in exploration. The Crew started with a small section of map and you unlocked more as you progressed. As you unfogged the map, you would find more things to do and the map is by far the best open world environment I’ve ever come across in a driving game. With The Crew 2, a majority of the content is available right from the first few hours, so there’s no point to drive the map and explore and find things. I guess players of the first game would have been pissed to have to do that all over again, considering the map is pretty similar with the same US cities featured (Chicago, Detroit, DC, Vegas, LA, etc.). 
  Because everything just plops onto the map, it comes across as confusing with no direction for progression. BUT, once I started using the Activities menu page and stopped looking at the map, it got much, much better. Under Activities, it lists all the races you have unlocked for each racing discipline and vehicle. So just pick an event, look to see if your vehicle is at the appropriate level, and then hit Start. Playing that way will bounce you all over the map, but it’s much easier to have a task at hand. Once I started doing this, the game got much, much better. And when you are just doing events, that’s when this game shines because the races are really fun.

Another big difference between the two games are the all the new vehicles in 2. I think the first game had 4-5 different vehicles to race in, The Crew 2 has 16! There is Street, Drift, Drag, and Hyper Car in the Street Discipline. Off-road is Rally Raid, Motocross, Rally Cross and Hovercraft. Freestyle includes Aerobatic flying, Demolition Derby, Jet boats and Monster trucks. The last discipline includes powerboats, air races, open wheel racing and a touring car. A few vehicles are a pain, but the majority of them are really fun. My favorites are Rally Cross, monster truck, and the open wheel track races. But you play a few events, improve your car by winning parts, slowly up your completion percentage, and then move on to something else. 
  Again, by going under the Activities page, you can also do a whole ton of different races. Demo derbies, interception races, off-road stuff, closed circuit track racing, etc.etc. There’s always something new and the content doesn’t get stale. My favorites are stuff that has been released under the new content that’s come out since the game release. Under Seasons, there are enormous tracks that look like what you built with your Hot Wheels tracks as a kid, but on a massive scale. Tons of jumps, loops, half pipes, etc. It’s a video game so let’s have some fun with imaginary content, right?

For the platinum run, this game is simple compared to the original. I am guessing that The Crew might be Ubisoft’s rarest platinum with under 1%. You had to be perfect in that game by winning EVERYTHING. And it also required over a dozen MP trophies that were extremely hard even with boosting. In this game, you just need to place in the Top 3 and you don’t even need to win on the hard or ace levels. Most events require only one play through, as long as your vehicle are overqualified for the event. By earning parts, you improve your car’s performance. So if a race says it’s Level 100, make sure your vehicle is well over Level 100 to ensure an easy race. It is possible to win with an vehicle under the level requirements, but it’s not worth it. Just keep playing the easy events to jack your vehicle up. Eventually, you will reach Icon status and then the game really opens up by giving you bonus points that you can put into categories. Need some extra drift in an event? Put your points there. Need help with off-road stabilization? Put the points there.

Story-wise, the game is cringe-worthy. Endless gearhead cliches, with obnoxious characters spouting nauseating quotations about the road, the ride, the scene. Etc. But, I’m not sure I’ve played a driving game with a decent story and let’s be honest, your not playing this to get all emotional over a story. You are here to drive. And this game does it great. 
Grade: :gold:

The Crew gets a :platinum:. If you are looking for an awesome, open world driving game and you are not worried about earning a platinum trophy, go with the original.)

• Like 1

Early Impressions - Lego City Undercover - Game of the month

Lcf80ce.png

I've been on something of a LEGO kick this year.  Started back in September with Lego Ninjago which I firmly loved.  Then I platted Lego Movie 2 which I firmly did not (did that one to raise money for cancer fighting and what not).

This is definitely more Ninjago than Movie.  So far, I'm about 4 hours in, on Chapter 5, and I am thoroughly enjoying myself.  There's a bit of needless grinding for super builds I'm not the biggest fan of, but otherwise, I do thoroughly enjoy this.  I seem to have preferred the open world games this month, and I'm interest to see if this is better than Assassin's Creed Valhalla when all is said and done.  It loads faster, and the only bug I've encountered so far has been visual only, so here's hoping it comes out on top.  Would I have boughten a Wii U for it back in the day?  Probably not.  But I do own a Wii U, so I guess the console wasn't the issue.  See ya'll Tuesday for the final review.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, willythom88 said:

Early Impressions - Lego City Undercover - Game of the month

Lcf80ce.png

This is my favorite Lego game. The open world concept plays great in this game and if they had a remastered version for PS5, I’d play it in a heartbeat. As you are a Lego veteran, you also have a bit of collectible masochism, so be forewarned; this is the Mother of all Lego collectible games. Knocking them off as you go will greatly reduce a grind at the end. 
 Also, this game crashed on me when I was about 30% complete and broke my game save, so I would advise to frequently backup your save on PS+. 
But enjoy! My son and I loved playing this one. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PerryToxteth said:

This is my favorite Lego game. The open world concept plays great in this game and if they had a remastered version for PS5, I’d play it in a heartbeat. As you are a Lego veteran, you also have a bit of collectible masochism, so be forewarned; this is the Mother of all Lego collectible games. Knocking them off as you go will greatly reduce a grind at the end. 
 Also, this game crashed on me when I was about 30% complete and broke my game save, so I would advise to frequently backup your save on PS+. 
But enjoy! My son and I loved playing this one. 

I'm definitely pumped for the collectathon this game is often made out to be.  I will say after the last couple, I'm excited to get one with a lot of gold bricks (Lego Movie 2 did have a good amount but like meh).

I'll definitely keep that in mind.  30% is kind of high but mad props for going back and finishing it. Thanks for the heads up!

Edited by willythom88

Game No. 3

L0e919f.png

Glass Masquerade 2: Illusions

Playing Time: 5 hours

Trophies Earned: 22/38 (57%)

Final Thoughts: I will attempt to get the rest of my reviews in this week - wish me luck! If you’ve never heard of this game, it’s a follow-up from a game that came out in 2019.  They are puzzle games, though not quite jigsaw puzzles because you aren’t fitting notches into holes. Instead, the pieces are intended to resemble stained glass shards as you can see from the picture above. You will use a combination of looking at shapes of pieces, or it’s color, to figure out how the puzzle forms. Most puzzles have between 50-75 pieces and will take anywhere from 10-25 minutes. In all, there’s around 30 puzzles in this game.

It is a leisurely style of gaming and good to play as you unwind at night. The puzzles aren’t too hard,  though unlike the first one, there are difficulty trophies attached to the platinum. On normal difficulty, the pieces are at the correct angle when you pick them up to place. On the hard level, you will need to turn the pieces using :l2: and :r2: to get them into their proper position.  Slightly more difficult, though you can fudge your way through by doing both difficulty levels at the same time. Just do it on easy for a few pieces, then flip to the hard board and place the same pieces you just figured out on the easy level. 
  Sadly, this game isn’t as good as the original. In the first game, the puzzles had an artistic quality and very tranquil music in the background. It was pleasant gaming.  In this one, the puzzles frankly look bizarre (see above), and are accompanied by suspenseful soundtrack they might have stolen from an old Resident Evil game. Seems weird and out of place. I think there’s an over-arching theme but it hasn’t captured my attention. So if you are looking for a laidback puzzle game, pick the original.

Grade: :bronze:

• Like 1

Game #6 - Life is Strange True Colors - Final Impressions

L07e54b.png

Time played: around 6h

Trophies earned: 24/41

I've finished 3 out of 5 Chaters of this game and Ill probably finish the remaining two sometime this week.

In this game we're back to a female protagonist, who also has some sort of "power", although I think in this case it's far less a super power and more of a realistic one.

The game looks great, so my hope for it being polished came true. There have been 3 times where there was a weird graphics glitch though and I think all of the mwere in chapter 3, so it remains to be seen if the interest for polish goes down the hill the further you get into the game.

There is also some clunkiness to the movement at times, and the running is more like a jog.

THe whole game plays out in a small mining town, and there are only a handful of building you can get into and explore. The characters are far more interesting that in the previous games. So overall I'd say this is at least as good as the first LiS, potentially better, if the last two chapters don't do mess things up.

Personally I don't think this is worth full price though. I find 60 bucks for a 9h experience a bit sttep, and honestly think this should've been a 40€ game. What rubs me even more the wrong way is that you need to get the deluxe edition for the DLC that was released at the same time as the base game, which costs an additional 10 bucks. That DLC an't even available separately (yet), which is even more ofa dick move. I didn't even know about the DLC until way after buying this regular physical edition.

Currently I'll rate this one a 7/10, which probably won't change upwards due to the DLC bullshittery. Would honestly not been more than a 7.5 anyways though.

• Like 1

Lego City Undercover - Review

2L6ce2f8.png

Number one, number one, now the song has just begun

Time Played: Roughly 8 hours

Trophies: 11/49

Genre: Lego!

As a long time Lego game fan (starting on the Star Wars trilogy back on the PS2), I've come in and out of the series over the years.  Even when I couldn't stand the likes of Indiana Jones 2 or Harry Potter Years 1-4, I found a lot to love in the first Lego Movie game and Pirates of the Caribbean.  So how does Lego City Undercover stack up?  Perhaps by leaving those other's in it's dust.

Graphics - 8/10

Even by Lego game standards, this one looks great.  I'm not sure exactly when they switched engines, by the environmental effects in the newer Lego games (post 2010, I'd guess) are great.  I love the animations (even if some of them last too long, such as the one you get for trying to use a power not assigned to your currently selected costume).  Big fan all around the seemingly dual existing nature of great cartoon effects against brilliantly designed backgrounds.  They aren't photo realistic, but damn, they are pretty.

Audio - 9/10

Lego games have always been pretty good on the soundtrack side, but that's mostly thanks to the original IP's composer.  Given this is a Traveler's Tale original IP, I was very impressed with the soundtrack.  My favorite is, weirdly enough, a bass riff that plays when you are following a clue path as the detective costume.  It's smooth, simple, and highly effective.

My one complaint here is the limited dialogue audio.  Most NPC's only have one or two recorded lines of dialogue.  This results in jokes getting old, very, VERY quickly.

Gameplay - 8/10

It's basically Lego with Grand Theft Auto style missions.  Actually, it reminds me more of Sleeping Dogs, a game I prefer to GTA any day!  I enjoy most of the missions, though the vehicular escape missions carry over some of them ore annoying traits of their inspirations, including failure states if you lose all your cars health on the way to your destination.  It's not a huge thing though, given how much wiggle room they give you to reach your destination without getting slammed by pursuing cars.

One other small complaint is a common one amongst Lego games, which is vague explanations of objectives.  Instead of understanding the player might be having issues determining what to do, the game just repeatedly hands out the same hint, over and over again.  Thanks to a somewhat lack luster navigation marker, this does result in the player occasionally being very lost without a clear understanding of where to go next.  fortunately, it's not a huge issue, so it shouldn't hold you back too much.

Story - 7/10

The story is funny, I'll give them that.  Unfortunately, it's not particularly exciting, at least not yet.  IT's definitely following the trend of it's inspirations thus far, but I'm hoping to see it explore something a bit more unique as time goes on (oh yeah, I'm planning on finishing this one; actually already started working on a trophy guide for it).

Trophies - 6/10

Have you ever platinummed a Lego game?  Cool, then you know what to expect!  Get everything, do a couple misc. trophies, etc.  Some of the other Lego games have more interesting trophy lists, while this one is more about finishing everything up, with a handful of "outside the box" ones.  Nothing too exciting, though you will have some fun exploring and messing around.

Final Score - 8/10

Winner for the Month - LEGO CITY UNDERCOVER! - 8/10

Loser for the Month - RIVE! - 5/10

Edited by willythom88
  • Like 2

KYC 17 wrap up

Another sort of mixed bag for me when it comes to the games I played. Something I expected to be fair.

From best to worst:

• Pathfinder Kingmaker - Has potential, but also some technical issues. This is going to be a major timesinkm when I get around to it.
  • Life is Strange True Colors - It's pretty good. Might end up being hte besti in the series. Price is too steep though.
  • The Division 2 - Another one with potential. I'm hoping for it to get better though.
  • Styx Master of Shadows - I finished the story in this one. 12-15 hours long I think, so there's some decent content there. The levels get fairly difficult halway through the game. In particular when trying to play through without getting detected. A playthrough without killing anyone would be insanely frustrating as well. It starts sort of meh, but it grows on you after a bit, and then it gets frustrating.
  • Homefront the Revolution - It's a decent FPS, that has several technical issues as well. Still it's chea as hell these days, if you get a physical copy.
  • The Crew 2 - not for me, had no fun at all with this game.

I gave a bunch of other games a go as well during this event.

• Return of the Obra Dinn - The concept is really interesting, but it didn't do enough to win me over. The constant back and forth between scenes was somewhat annoying. So for me it was just an ok game. 5/10
  • Dying Light - I tried to get back to this game for the third time now. I still don't like it and I can't explain why. I loved Dead Island and Riptide, but this game just feels cumbersome to me. 5/10
  • Terminator Resistance - This was actually pretty solid. Again, overpriced for what it is as it definitely lacks polish and isn't very long. Was fun  enough though - 6/10
  • Mothergunship - This was a blast, literally. Well at least for hte first few hours, then it became kind of repetitive. 6.5/10
  • Injustice 2 - A step up from the first game, which I didn't enjoy all that much. This one was fun enough though. 7/10
  • Guilty Gear Xrd Sign - It as just ok. The music was great and the fighting was solid. 6.5/10
  • Lost Grimoires 3 - Very short HOG, also not a great one. 6/10
  • Evil Inside - It's literally the downgraded version of the PT demo as a game. It's still decent, but not original by any means - 6.5/10
  • Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2 - This one was better. Didn't like that the story was just a 4 or 5 hour anime though, same as in the other entry. 7/10
  • Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax - Another decent fighting game. A lot of better alternatives out there though. 6/10
  • Kingmaker - Another HOG. Also not great, actually one of the worst ones. 5/10
  • Lust for Darkness - Indie horror, that has clunky controls and is a bit glitchy. 6/10
  • Lovecraft's Untold Stories - Top-down twin-stick shooter as a horror game. Cool concept, but really difficult. I wished the artstyle wasn't pixelated The Checkpoint system is a bit arbitrary and for the amount of stuff that's going on the actual rooms are too small. - 5.5/10
  • Rive - Sort of a schmup. It's fun and also gets increasingly difficult. It also ends up wearing itself out though. 6.5/10
  • Time Recoil -This is like a worse Neon Chrome. It's also a twin.stick shooter, but with limited ammo and slow time effects. It's not that great. 5/10

I hope everyone had a good time with the event. As always feel free to post the remaining reviews/impressions and updates if you continue playing the games from the event. Next one will be in March.

• Like 1

Game #2 Tales of Arise 

I know it’s late but I actually did play the games I just need to write the reviews. So let me do some catch-up the second game on my list was Tales of Arise which I was super excited for this was easily my most anticipated game this year followed by Rift apart and death loop. This was the game I was also most anxious about because Bandai Namco said if this game didn’t sell well this would be the last tales game licensed in the west so I really wanted this game to be good and sell well. Now I’m a fan of Jrpg’s and the tales series is one of my favorite franchises so the pressure was on, this is also not the first tales games I’ve done for a KYC event though that one I didn’t enjoy that much I had high hopes for this one. Now I got my first piece of bad news about this game when they announced no multiplayer which I think is one of the features that separated this franchise from others a lot of what I love is playing the games with my brother and friends so that was a big blow to me on a enjoyment level. Next thing I noticed was how the combat is more streamlined I guess to make it more accessible for new players which is fine if it brings new players because I need it to succeed.  Now positives so far I really like the characters which was not the case with Tales of Xillia I also like the gameplay and the Graphics are absolutely amazing especially the PS5 version. I didn’t get too far but I did beat the first boss and got about 10+hours into the game I’m interested in seeing what the rest of the game has to hold.

Rating 7.5/10

Hours played 10+ hours

Trophies earned 4/48

Completion 19.74%  

Edited by Lodbizarro
  • Like 2

Game #5 - Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- The Prophecy of the Throne

L4ce87e.png

Time played: 3 hours

Trophies: 4/33 (7% - E)

That title is quite the mouthful. Also, unlike most games that are based on a licensed series that I've played for this topic series, I actually have watched some of this series unlike the other games!

This game takes place right after the second arc of the series, so right after Episode 11 of the anime or Volume 3 of the light novel series. The main character, Subaru Natsuki, is a hikikomori that gets transported to a fantasy world after returning home from a convenience store. He finds out he has a mysterious power called "Return by Death" which allows him to be revived after dying to a point in the past to basically try again and change what happens. The basic part of the plot is that Emilia, the girl in the thumbnail above, is one of five candidates to take the throne of the kingdom that Subaru finds himself in. The game spins off here with a what-if scenario - a sixth candidate has emerged as a candidate for the throne as well, and the prophecy for the kingdom has already stated that only five candidates would be chosen. Subaru tasks himself with finding out which one of these candidates is the impostor to help the candidacy get under way and get Emilia to ascend to the throne.

The game is mostly in visual novel format, with some choices that need to be made as the game progresses. All dialogue is voiced - in both Japanese and English, retaining all the voice actors that worked on the anime series. (Having watched the English dub from the beginning, I opted to stay with the English dub in the game as well.) The game has small adventure areas where you can run around and talk to NPCs or pick up items, but the main focus of the adventure areas are missions that come up every so often. These missions have various objectives and Subaru is tasked with collecting as much information in the adventure mode prior to the mission, and then making the correct decisions prior to the mission start. Most of the trophies depend on making the correct selections before actually proceeding with the mission. The first mission is a tutorial mission and the correct decisions are forced on you, and then it explores Subaru's Return by Death power by forcing you into a path that ends up with his death. It rewinds right back to the beginning of the mission and gives you full control after that. I'm saved right before the second mission - and considering it took three hours to reach that point, you can see how much of the game is the actual visual novel portion. Though that doesn't bother me, considering how many visual novels I already have on my profile.

I'll be sure to play this over the rest of the month, so I'll probably finish it sometime in December.

Starting completion: 75.03%

Current completion: 74.63%

Difference: -0.40%

NEO: The World Ends With You - 8/51 (12% - E)

Blue Reflection: Second Light - 18/49 (27% - D)

Lost Judgment - 5/51 (6% - E)

Akiba's Trip: Hellbound & Debriefed - 6/55 (8% - E)

The completion percentage stayed steady even with this addition and Resogun + Severed also being started during this time, thanks to Death Mark being fully completed and many trophies from MUSYNX, DJMAX Respect, and Croixleur Sigma making up the difference, among others.

My final wrap-up isn't that big so I'll just have it here: Lost Judgment is definitely the best game of these five, though I'm putting it on hold until I platinum the first game in its series (9/10). Blue Reflection: Second Light is the second best, you can see above that I've gotten some additional trophies in it, though it requires a second play through (also, I missed something in one of the chapters) so it might not be finished too quickly (9/10). I definitely want to get back to NEO: The World Ends With You as well, given my earlier write-up on it in this topic (8/10). Though the first game to be completed of the five might just be Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- The Prophecy of the Throne - as the trophy guide states it's not that long at all (7/10). As for the last game, Akiba's Trip can stay in the garbage bin it was created in - I have no desire as of now to return to it at all (3/10).

Thanks for the event and I'll be back in March!

• Like 2

Game No. 4

Lacdc6f.png

Playing Time: 3 hours

Trophies Completed (100%)

Final Thoughts: Well, that happened. Again.  Before this month, I had never completed a game in a KYC event. Now I’ve just done it twice. My fault for not doing my homework; I had no idea how short this game was. Once I started, I decided I would just add the 2nd and 3rd chapters to count as one game and drop my completion percentage.  But after getting through about halfway, I realized that was a terrible idea.

It’s probably point-and-click fatigue, but this one didn’t capture my attention. Nothing particular with this title, it’s just the genre.  The world of point-and-clicks is truly a bizarre one; what starts out ordinary quickly spirals into Bizarro World. It’s like a resume requirement for Point-and-click Story Developers to state “Does copious amounts of LSD hit.”  All the stories seem to end up in the Yellow Submarine. 
For this game, two blokes who have Jamaican accents, are on a quest to fix a plane for a lady trying to high-tail it out of town. But then it devolves into making fish soup, jumping off cranes, and employing a radiator to make toast. And to top all that, for some unknown reason, all the characters are wearing Tiki-like masks.

There are a few missable trophies so you may want a walkthrough. If you love this genre. Just play blind and do another play through for clean up. You will likely need a second play through anyways, as there is a speed run trophy attached to this game. Completely unnecessary! :shakefist:

As a point-and-click, this game is pretty standard. I’ve played much worse. But the story is wacko and I have no interest to continue the series on. 
Grade: :bronze:

• Like 1

Game No. 5

L015a26.png

Playing Time: 3+ Hours

Trophies Earned: 0/15 (0%)

Final Thoughts: I am really failing at killing the completion percentage this go around. The last half of this month has been nuts, so I have had little time to get into the last couple games. This game, Pine, I played for just one stretch out of a 5-day window. And all of the trophies come pretty deep into gameplay, so no hits on my trophy resume with a big, fat ZERO trophies earned, 
  For as little as I played, Pine seems to be a pretty intriguing game. You live in a 3D world and your little human  tribe is stuck in Stone Age technology and embarrassingly weak in power. They hide up in the cliffs until one day, an earthquake happens, and your character falls into the lowlands. The gameplay involves you doing quests throughout this land as you explore, gather material and interact with the other beings in this world. 
  So far, I have done mostly mundane stuff. Gather this and that so you can craft this item. Find this and that and give it to this person. There are Story quests and Side Missions and you are free to go down whichever path your prefer. I was aiming on Story stuff in the hopes of improving my character’s weapons, armor and pack to harvest more stuff. There is combat in this game and it is a bit clunky. The typical buttons used for jumping and attacking seem to be reversed on the controller. Also, you basically start with a leaf as your armor and a stick as a sword, running away seems best for now.  
  As you explore, you meet other tribes that are definitely not human, and more powerful. There is not enough territory for all the tribes so everyone seems a bit on edge. I think this aspect is the big concept of the game. By doing Diplomacy and playing one faction off the other, it can benefit you to complete your task without doing all the work. So you might need something in a village but are too weak to go in and steal it, so become friends with their enemy and wait for them to attack the village. I haven’t personally attempted this yet, but the tutorial hints at it.  I think you can put 25-40 hours into this game so unfortunately, I don’t know much more. But the variety of quests have kept it entertaining and there are some small puzzles to figure out, like how to open this door, or activate this lever, etc., etc.

This game seems to be put together pretty well. The graphics are eye-pleasing, gameplay is interesting and the diplomacy concept is intriguing. I’m a bit sad I didn’t have more time with Pine, but I look forward to returning to this one sometime.

Grade: :gold:

• Like 1

Game No. 6

L47dcf8.png

Playing Time: 3 hours 

Trophies Earned: 5/44 (7%)

Final Thoughts: So I cheated on this event. I waited and waited for a 2-hour window of time from Nov. 26-30 to play this game and it just never happened. So I played it on December 1. :facepalm:

I’m really sorry.  I just had to do it though because this was my most anticipated game of the event. I didn’t want to start it if I only had a half-hour to play so I just kept putting it off. And off. And then suddenly, December came. So yep, this game got started a day late but after getting a few hours into the story, I’m not all that sorry. Because this game has delivered!

Not sure how to describe this game’s genre other than a detective game. The gameplay involves having conversations with people and correctly getting the appropriate information out of them, and searching around for clues, which could also help you in your skills tree. It’s kinda sorta like L.A. Noire but no driving. And this game’s characters and storyline is much, much more intriguing.

Small disclaimer - I am a huge history aficionado so this game caters to me.  The story has some real historic characters, but doing some very un-historic things. Kind of a Parallel Universe with with a Da Vinci Code twist. There are lots of cutscenes to give you information, then you converse with people and depending how you answer, your game will go down that path. I think it’s similar to a Choose Your Adventure book back from adolescence, but no abrupt endings of you getting dysentery and dying.

That’s all I can really say so far as I’m not even through the first episode.  I think there is some Chapter Select playing that will need to be done to earn the platinum, but I am playing blind and I would recommend that route to anyone trying out the game as well. 
Grade: :platinum:

- Hopefully, a wrap-up will come tomorrow! 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...