I hate Weiss

I've tried many different strategies and most matches tend to last around a few seconds, because if he opens with execution he winds up one shotting Tifa which at that point means everything is screwed and I can't even get an arise off before it auto switches to Aerith and she dies as well. I've got everything maxed for the party outside of two stagger ATB materia, but I can only get around a quarter of his health down if I get him to stagger and this is with thundaga spam. I've blown through 100,000 gold in just rematches.

Here's my playthrough of it. Dodge forward into Stab, dodge away for Evisceration, dodge to the side for Crosswise Cleave. Put Gotterdammerung on Cloud, you don't start with a full limit break but the meter steadily goes up. When he gets pressured from your dodging use abilities that increase the stagger bar (Focused Strike, Thrust) but don't get greedy. Make sure you have everyone's ATB bar full and Cloud with a ready limit break when Weiss is about to stagger. When you stagger with regular attacks, you wanna push as much damage as you possibly can. Tifa should unload her Triangle attacks from a full Unbridled Strength, Cloud should use Ascension. Then have Aeris use Ray of Judgement and Tifa spam true strike to raise the stagger multiplier while you have Cloud do infinity's end for a 9999 hit.

In phase 2, dodge to the sides whenever he charges at you for mutilation, while you let Cloud build his ATB. Since he targets the active character, if you think Tifa is getting too much heat, switch to Cloud and vice versa. ATB is used for only magic at this point for Cloud and Tifa. Aeris should always cast from an Arcane Ward to double her magic. When magic lands Weiss is stunned, take the opportunity to build ATB and cast magic from your non active character, with the exception of Aeris, when Weiss is occupied with beating up or chasing down Cloud or Tifa, move her into the Arcane Ward and cast, then get back to your active character.

I've seen better players beat it much more impressively than me, but this felt really safe for most of the fight, and I was able to repeat my win.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Have you tried this way, its perhaps quite different to any you have watched so far, about 6 or so mins explaining the build, then fight is over in a few!!

Thanks this helped I used a modified strategy of it. I still gave Tifa the godammerung but I was able to spam him down with fire and thunder magic.

• Like 1

On 01/11/2021 at 8:30 PM, Optinooby said:

Have you tried this way, its perhaps quite different to any you have watched so far, about 6 or so mins explaining the build, then fight is over in a few!!

Amazing... simply amazing. Now this is the one video that should be on the first page of the search results.

I almost gave up after watching many other "easy" guides because I wasn't willing to execute complex plans with ninja skills.

With this one I did everything calmly, without rushing neither confusing myself.

You have my thanks.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 11/1/2021 at 7:30 PM, Optinooby said:

Dude, you are the man!  I followed your guide for Resident Evil 8, and now for this to 100% completing both. I don't know how you come up with these strategies but thanks for sharing them? 

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
On 11/1/2021 at 4:30 PM, Optinooby said:

I just got the Trophy using your video and strategy, thank you so much, he's quite easy once you know what to do. I was horrible at Parry, but practiced and got good at it, I memorized what you did to go quickly, cause even paused and checking the video, he would always do Immaculate End, guess I took too long. The only thing I changed in the beginning was I used Cloud to cast Haste on Tifa, then had Aerith cast Barrier on Tifa, then Regen when she got another bar, without Haste, I just couldn't Parry correctly. Did everything quickly and he was killed when Tifa did her 2nd Blizzaga, a time of 3:32. I tried every video out there, couldn't pull it off, did yours, after several tries to get the hang of it, got it, made me understand some set-ups better than I thought. Oh I also gave you a like on your video, excellent work man.

Edited by Nitemares-----
  • Like 1

On 11/1/2021 at 7:30 PM, Optinooby said:

thanks so much on your guide difficulty rating using optinooby guide:2 or 3 out of 10.  otherwise i personally have to say either 8 or 9 out of 10.  i seen other players having hard time defeating weiss. other boss fight (bahamut and ifrit) i already gave the difficulty raiting.  7 or 8 out of 10

Edited by jtmart59
  • Like 1