Regarding Z rank missions (single player)

Yesterday I did missions 17 and 26 without problems in single player mode to do the Ultimate Move in both, get the Z rank and win their respective trophies.

I Don't Want To See You Any More
Defeat Full Power Frieza using an Ultimate Move

Just Disappear, Cell!
Defeat Perfect Cell using an Ultimate Move

But this morning it was a different story with mission 35, since until I realized what was the right time to do the Ultimate Move, I had to repeat the mission several times. In the end I was able to handle the situation and win Z rank in single player mode.

The trick is to continuously perform the [L1+Triangle] movement and have all four team members participate every time. In this way, the energy bar will fill up very quickly and with this we’ll have the Ultimate Move available too.

As soon as we lower Buu's life bar enough, he’ll teleport to the farthest part of the stage. That will be the perfect time to do the Ultimate Move, since Buu won't even come to bother us.

My previous attempts always ended up failing because I was chasing Buu to the farthest part of the stage. By doing this, he never stops chasing you and ends up killing you every time you are charging the Ultimate Move. It doesn't matter if your three AI characters are level 10 or which ones you choose; they won't know how to protect you.

Return As A Good Guy Next Time
Defeat Kid Buu using an Ultimate Move

Now I have six more missions left to complete with a Z rank and get the last trophy related to Z ranks. I guess I'll be doing the giant boss missions, since they don't seem too complicated.

Determined To Be Stronger
Clear 10 or more missions with a Z rank

Hope this is helpful to someone. Have a nice day!

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

What was your set up for cell if ya recall.

Tried afew times earlyer today, and with  2 #18, ssls broly(player), an cooler for shits n giggles,. I just can't.

Even with 40k hp, defence+ as hp lowers cards  and kicking cell into a 'L1+?" chase attack then breaking away to spam ⭕

He still kills the fick outta me.

Closest I got was 98% on ult bar. And then I went from 23k HP to 0.... In one hit.  

I haven't even thought bout how to handle buy, hopefully it works the same as it did for you for me lol

Edited by Blackmist_FFXI

On 25/1/2022 at 5:14 AM, Blackmist_FFXI said:

What was your set up for cell if ya recall.

Tried afew times earlyer today, and with  2 #18, ssls broly(player), an cooler for shits n giggles,. I just can't.

Even with 40k hp, defence+ as hp lowers cards  and kicking cell into a 'L1+1f4d0.png" chase attack then breaking away to spam 2b55.png

He still kills the fick outta me.

Closest I got was 98% on ult bar. And then I went from 23k HP to 0.... In one hit.  

I haven't even thought bout how to handle buy, hopefully it works the same as it did for you for me lol

I couldn't tell you exactly which characters I used for that specific match (it's been too long), but it was most likely a team made up of the characters I listed here:

With cell dont use your special. You gotta wait for part 2. After you beat him he will take off android 16s head and gohan will get really angry and it starts the battle again. Then use your special and youll get z rank. Not sure if this your dillema but i was using mine too early and wasting it.

Edited by Camokidd87
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Camokidd87 said:

With cell dont use your special. You gotta wait for part 2. After you beat him he will take off android 16s head and gohan will get really angry and it starts the battle again. Then use your special and youll get z rank. Not sure if this your dillema but i was using mine too early and wasting it.

Strange, I wrecked the cell Jr. And then wrecked cell phase 1,. Phase two has only had cell 'squinting' and going hmmm.

Before entering phase 2..  I don't recall seeing Gohan.

I know my best chance so far has been to hit them into a chain rush, and trigger ult asap to give my self ~40 seconds of uninterrupted button mashing.

I'll give it another go later and not use L1+O for special and just spam triangle lol. See if that changes anything.

• 1 year later...
On 1/28/2022 at 10:57 PM, Blackmist_FFXI said:

Ya I was doing mission 26 for the trophy to use ULT on perfect cell

Krillin really is an underrated character for selecting as your CPU partner in my opinion as he's Support & Interfere type. For Perfect Cell on Mission 26, I choose Super Saiyan 2 Teen Gohan (Auto Set-Up A stat cards + Saiyan Power & Potential Lv2 skill cards) + x3 Krillin (Auto Set-Up B stat cards). For Kid Buu on Mission 35, I went with Majin Vegeta (Auto Set-Up A stat cards + Saiyan Power & Potential Lv2 skill cards) + x3 Majin Buu (Auto Set-Up B stat cards). Make sure to have some really good stat cards though when you attempt on these trophies, stat cards of around 30s and 35s (worse case some 25s) for each stat type.

However, finishing both Majin Buu Saga: Z Fighters and Majin Buu Saga: Majin Buu routes remove the restrictions on character selection so you can go with Legendary Super Saiyan Broly (unlocks by S-ranking Mission 49, he really is a tank) + either x3 Android 18 or x3 Krillin. The video below really helped me out and gave me an initial strategy, after getting my butt kicked when trying to do the Ultimate Move with base Goku on Perfect Cell (However I managed to perform Ultimate Move on Full Power Frieza on Mission 17 with the base Goku + Kid Gohan, Krillin & Piccolo team lol).

Edited by XxIsa-GxX