I have questions about this game

TheAbyssWalker61

Hey, i want to know some things about this game because looks beautiful and fun but first, why this game it's so fucking expensive? 100$? 150$? 250$?  i don't understand lol ... i saw that european version it's cheaper but has some differences with american ? there it's stupid censorship?

And i love fanservice on everything , the game has a lot? if it is i can buy the game for that to justify the physical price.

Blue Reflection is tame when it comes to fan service (it's about on par with the Atelier games), even for the time when it was first released but was still censored in the West by Sony when they ordered the devs to remove a specific camera angle from the Model Viewer to make it less lewd (though you can get it back by playing unpatched). Also, Gust's games and DLCs tend to hold their prices for an extremely long time and rarely go on sale but the global shipping problems are making the retail copies even more expensive to obtain.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

Gust games are just unfortunately expensive to collect physically, especially if you don't pick them up within the first year or two of their launch. Learned the hard way with collecting the Atelier games.

Honestly unless you're just dead set on physical only, I'd pick it up digitally just to enjoy the game. If youre interested in the franchise go ahead and buy Second Light before it ends up the same price as the original. 

• Like 4

From what I remember when I played the EU version of the game, it has shower scenes, school swimsuites and on rainy days the school uniforms get see through, so I don´t think that anything is censored (besides the aforementioned camera angles in the model viewer).It has relativly mild fanservice and feels like a playable shojo magical girls anime/manga with yuri elements.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, reaperveteran86 said:

From what I remember when I played the EU version of the game, it has shower scenes, school swimsuites and on rainy days the school uniforms get see through, so I don´t think that anything is censored (besides the aforementioned camera angles in the model viewer).It has relativly mild fanservice and feels like a playable shojo magical girls anime/manga with yuri elements.

Same here. Mine was exactly the same and was not censored either 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, reaperveteran86 said:

Oh great in 2021 with the new stupid puritanism  a game that still has a shower scene it's great incentive for me so cool then i'm going to buy the EU version  physically because it's cheaper even if  that european cover it's awful lol, thanks for the answer

54 minutes ago, JourneySilvers said:

Gust games are just unfortunately expensive to collect physically, especially if you don't pick them up within the first year or two of their launch. Learned the hard way with collecting the Atelier games.

Honestly unless you're just dead set on physical only, I'd pick it up digitally just to enjoy the game. If youre interested in the franchise go ahead and buy Second Light before it ends up the same price as the original. 

What a sad think, i haven't played atelier and i want to do it, i was on ebay and actually are even cheaper than this blue reflection but it's weird man, some can reach the rule of rose price lol and with this last game i can understand but with games so recent.. i have been open mind to digital games but with games that i don't care so much, this kind of games are so unique, so beautiful that i always want to see them on my collection so i decided to take the european version this holiday for both games blue reflection 1 and 2 , as you said buying the 2 before gets expensive too.

Thanks for your answer 

2 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Blue Reflection is tame when it comes to fan service (it's about on par with the Atelier games), even for the time when it was first released but was still censored globally by Sony when they ordered the devs to remove a specific camera angle from the Model Viewer to make it less lewd (though you can get it back by playing unpatched). Also, Gust's games and DLCs tend to hold their prices for an extremely long time and rarely go on sale but the global shipping problems are making the retail copies even more expensive to obtain.

Sadly the dlc costumes of tecmo games are very exaggerated lol xD , and by the censorship what a bs but atleast there it's still the shower, panties and school uniforms... so i can think in buy it , i'm just gonna do and exception with this, because Soyny politics can fuck off, thanks for your answers

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Blue Reflection is tame when it comes to fan service (it's about on par with the Atelier games), even for the time when it was first released but was still censored globally by Sony when they ordered the devs to remove a specific camera angle from the Model Viewer to make it less lewd (though you can get it back by playing unpatched). Also, Gust's games and DLCs tend to hold their prices for an extremely long time and rarely go on sale but the global shipping problems are making the retail copies even more expensive to obtain.

Could you confirm that no patch thing on disc? The censorship archive thread says the only uncensored alternative is the JP version.