Is the PS4 Pro region free?

LoveInHell

I know it is supposed to be region locked. (According to Google)

But... my PS4 Pro is playing region A and B blu-rays and DVDs so I am super confused about this? I bought this secondhand in January, it's a region B console. But it's playing all of my region A blu-rays and DVDs, it's not supposed to do that, is it? ... Am I super lucky, did the previous owner do something with it or what the heck? ?

5 minutes ago, CelestialRequiem said:

Some DVDs/Blu Rays are multi-region even if it doesn't outwardly advertise it. This could be the case, I guess. 

This^

There are a lot of legit dual/multi-region and region free DVDs and Blurays out there, though not all of them say so on the box and many have the wrong region printed on the sleeve/disc art. Also note that all Sony consoles are region free for games but not films, saves and DLC.

To double check a DVD or Bluray's region code, see here: https://www.dvdcompare.net/

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Also note that all Sony consoles are region free for games but not films, saves and DLC.

They're all region free for these too. The console will never block you from playing or accessing save files based on region.

The saves and DLC just usually have to match the game's region, or it won't be detected as compatible with it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Shadiochao said:

They're all region free for these too. The console will never block you from playing or accessing save files based on region.

The saves and DLC just usually have to match the game's region, or it won't be detected as compatible with it.

That's what I meant by region locked DLC and saves, you just have to ensure the regions match up for then to work, then they'll work on any account :).