Raiden IV x MIKADO remix coming to PS5, PS4 on February 24, 2022

Vergil

Moss will release Raiden IV x MIKADO remix for PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4 on February 24, 2022 in Japan, listings at retailers such as Biccamera and Neowing reveal.

The game will be available in 4,180 yen standard and 7,480 yen limited editions. The limited edition includes a two-disc arrange background music and bonus tracks soundtrack CD, a reprint of the two-disc original soundtrack CD “Raiden IV -Ultimate of Raiden-,” and a reversible cover.

Raiden IV x MIKADO remix first launched for Switch on April 22 in Japan, and on May 6 in the west.

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/11/raiden-iv-x-mikado-remix-coming-to-ps5-ps4-on-february-24-2022-in-japan

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's great, but it is tough. I have the Overkill version on PC from GOG. Some of the trophies look tough, such as destroying all the Sols in levels 1-7, 20M score, save up 7 bombs then use all at once, and timing out a boss. May this get a Western release, either physical or digital.

Ikaruga isn't really my kind of game. The polarity combo mechanic (shoot 3 of one color in a row) I'd rather not have to deal with. Just mowing down everything (like Raiden) is what I'd rather do. Giga Wing Generations is one I can handle. I like its Reflect Force mechanic that lets you kick bullets back at the enemy and turn them into medals to boost your score multiplier. The GW series is known for ludicrously high scores, but Generations takes that to 11. There's also a point-blank system: if you're on top of an enemy when you destroy it, the kill value is 10 million. Good GWG scores go into the quintillions range.

With the original Raiden in the Arcade Archives series, hopefully the Raiden Fighters trilogy (RF, RF2, and RF Jet) might make it over as well. The arcade versions of RF run at a weird refresh rate of around 54 Hz, but isn't Sony adding Variable Refresh to PS5 by the year's end?

Edited by RadiantFlamberge
  • Like 1