Just More 2K Fail

effdeegee

I've been playing this game for a while now and I'm finding nothing but problem after problem. This post will probably be edited later, as it seems likely that more crap will be uncovered, but for now, these are the initial technical failures.

1. Donated to NBA Cares (four times) - didn't unlock trophy.

2. Hit a game-winning shot at the buzzer - didn't unlock trophy.

3. Game freezes every time I accept a contract extension.

4. I've completed 4 milestones and haven't gotten credit for them.

5. I was the leading vote-getter for the All-Star Team - wasn't a starter.
6. Playing in the All-Star game reset all of my streaks (one was at 24 of 25).

7. Several instances of not keeping correct stats.

8. I won the league MVP and my popularity dropped from 95% to 64%.
9. Every 3-4 games, you receive a blank social media message, which causes the menus to bug out.

10. Music has stopped playing even though no volume controls were changed.

11. Made it to 9/10 goals to make the Hall of Fame, and now it freezes every time I try to play another game.

12. I scored 5 in 5 different stats (twice) - didn't unlock trophy.

13. I held the opponent scoreless for the final 2 minutes - didn't unlock trophy.

14. I had (more than) 10 blocks - didn't unlock trophy.

Add those to the mountain of annoying things that happen during every section of the game, and it just seems like more 2K garbage. There's no way a game can be have this amount of problems. At this point, it just feels like I'm being trolled.

Edited by effdeegee
More garbage to add to the pile.

Not that I expect anything great out of 2K anymore, but you're playing an old NBA title that 2K hasn't cared about in a long time. The company is garbage, after hearing all the crap regarding their WWE franchise I decided I won't bother with any 2K sports title, regardless of trophies or not.

I simply will not play them.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I think you may need to look at your copy of the game as I haven't experienced any of those issues from 2-14.

However, for the NBA Cares trophy it seems that in 2k13 the only way to unlock it was buying it with the online VC and not the offline SP. I know in 2k15 (no idea about 2k14) it is possible to earn the exact same trophy by using the offline SP, but in 2k13 it wouldn't work offline.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 13/11/2021 at 2:46 PM, effdeegee said:

I've been playing this game for a while now and I'm finding nothing but problem after problem. This post will probably be edited later, as it seems likely that more crap will be uncovered, but for now, these are the initial technical failures.

1. Donated to NBA Cares (four times) - didn't unlock trophy.

2. Hit a game-winning shot at the buzzer - didn't unlock trophy.

3. Game freezes every time I accept a contract extension.

4. I've completed 4 milestones and haven't gotten credit for them.

5. I was the leading vote-getter for the All-Star Team - wasn't a starter.
6. Playing in the All-Star game reset all of my streaks (one was at 24 of 25).

7. Several instances of not keeping correct stats.

8. I won the league MVP and my popularity dropped from 95% to 64%.
9. Every 3-4 games, you receive a blank social media message, which causes the menus to bug out.

10. Music has stopped playing even though no volume controls were changed.

11. Made it to 9/10 goals to make the Hall of Fame, and now it freezes every time I try to play another game.

12. I scored 5 in 5 different stats (twice) - didn't unlock trophy.

13. I held the opponent scoreless for the final 2 minutes - didn't unlock trophy.

14. I had (more than) 10 blocks - didn't unlock trophy.

Add those to the mountain of annoying things that happen during every section of the game, and it just seems like more 2K garbage. There's no way a game can be have this amount of problems. At this point, it just feels like I'm being trolled.

It’s funny you say this. 

This game has been a sticking point for so long that I gave up on it at one stage.

My problem was freezing every few games (like nba 2k15 on PS3)… I too have had some incorrect stat madness but more of my problems is the game locking up every few games , leaving me to rebuild the database. I must say this works quite well but I’m not convinced it’s a once off fix.

The problem was the game would freeze after playing a career game and my games are 12 min quarters. So Infuriating. 

I’ve  just rebuilt the database again (precaution) and played a handful of games and this has been pretty good, it’s on my back burner and hoping it holds out. I implore you to do that and hopefully your luck changes.

edit: I’ve had 2 lockups in 9 games.. annoying but better 

Edited by JWill_55

• 1 month later...