Rebourne07's Trophy Hunting by Series

Rebourne07

007 - Zelda Ocarina of Time [N64]

Retro Mastery #7 - Zelda: Ocarina of Time

This is by far the longest and most involved RetroAchievements set. It’s also one of the most important, since OoT has a permanent place in my top 10 games of all time. I also installed a high resolution texture pack for it from the beginning so it looked practically remastered. Amazing game and it was great to experience it again on the Steam Deck. I’ve completed. I've been playing this game for 25 years and the achievements showed me parts of the game I'd never seen before. I'm now in the top 3.97% of all softcore RA hunters. The goal is to crack top 1% using only games that I loved growing up.

Edited by Rebourne07
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 11/16/2021 at 11:57 AM, Rebourne07 said:

100% Skyrim Trophies

RoxwbL4.png

Though not a "series" per say...there's enough versions of it to qualify here. Every trophy in every version of Skyrim including all DLC.

It's been a long time since I updated here, but I've got a new Platinum tier completion. I finished 100% of all trophies on every version of Skyrim :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/16/2021 at 11:57 AM, Rebourne07 said:

7 Telltale Platinums

qypUYIS.png

Miscellaneous platinums from the developer, including 100% on all three stacks of the OG The Walking Dead game. I plan on doing a few more of these but since I don't have any concrete plans I'll leave the progress pic as-is for now.

Finished my third stack of The Walking Dead along with the DLC for each. That brings the Telltale series up to 7 completions. 

Posted (edited)

I'm going to start a project here to attract discussion and followers to my checklist to make gaming a little more social for me. I'm gonna review every platinum I've ever done on here, with a twist of the reviews doubling as journal entries for what was going on in my life at the time. Starting at platinum #1...

Lb6dda2.png

Platinum #1 - Fallout 3

Difficulty: 4/10

Time: 100+hrs

Fun: 10/10

Hardest Trophy: Vault-Tec C.E.O.

Longest Trophy: Last, Best Hope of Humanity

This was my very first platinum trophy, but not actually the one I intended to be my first platinum trophy. WAY before I started trophy hunting at all, I used to mainly just play RPGs, like Final Fantasy games. I played other games, but my main focus was RPGs and fighting games. I took a 2 year break from playing video games in my youth to do a mission trip to Mexico and when I returned, I didn't feel like diving back into games hardcore...so I really just played Smash Bros for a while. Eventually I wanted to play something when I didn't have friends around so I started playing Final Fantasy XI on my PC. Fast forward a few years and all I've played is FFXI and Smash Bros for a long time...but FFXI started consuming my life and causing me real life issues...so I had to quit it. Now, stuck with this void in my life, I wanted to play normal games again...but the allure of just beating games casually was gone. I needed something extra. Enter trophy hunting. I actually started trophy hunting on Final Fantasy XIII, which I intended to be my first platinum trophy. At the time though I was trying to just jump around playing different games all the time so I started working on the platinums for FFXIII, Fallout 3 and Dead Space simultaneously. 

Fallout 3 was one of the most mind blowing experiences of my gaming life. I didn't know anything about it or the Fallout series or Bethesda games in general, but I invited a friend over one day to play games (I used to invite friends over to play single player games side by side back in the day) and I played FFXII on PS2 and he played Fallout 3 on my PS3. I was so engrossed in watching him play that I barely played FFXII. The world, characters and exploration were miles above anything I'd seen in a long time and it was so unique. As soon as he left I bought my own copy and dove in. At first I wasn't playing for trophies, just for the exploration, so I sunk many many hours into it that weren't hyper focused on trophies. Later when I decided to trophy hunt it I did find I had to start a new character since my first was so evil that redeeming it with giving bottled water to the homeless was never gonna happen 😂 When it came time to actually get the platinum trophies...I didn't understand how it worked. I didn't know that if you earned the last trophy then the platinum would be automatically awarded. I thought you had to do something else. So when I got the last trophy and the platinum popped I was like "whoops, that was supposed to be FFXIII." Oh well, it's been good because Fallout has since been a major go-to series for me for milestones. 

If I could erase one game from my mind and play it again with the same sense of wonder and awe...it would be Fallout 3. Roaming the wastes and stumbling upon side stories, creeping through broken down buildings hearing the voices of deranged brain robots threaten to kill me, jamming out to oldies while blasting ghoul heads off...so many good memories. And it was a good time in my life. A time of rediscovering gaming and finding renewed joy in a hobby that had almost been lost to me. 

PS: This was my epic little setup, living at my grandmothers when I was 24 years old in between semesters of college (taken shortly before my new PS3 arrived in the mail.) I didn't finish the platinum here, but I did start it here. 

ilQdL7Z.jpg

Edited by Rebourne07
  • Like 1