A great RPG

ChiefMichigan

Bug Fables: The Everlasting Sapling feels pretty slept on. I think it's an excellent game that is worthy of talking about compared to the first two Paper Mario games. It's not to that level, but it's a refreshing Paper Mario-like RPG. The campaign is just long enough without overstaying its welcome, and there are extras for completionists (whether you care about getting the trophies or not).

One of the major complaints I had was controls for the abilities in the overworld, but that was mostly fixed in a patch. All this to say if you like RPGs or Paper Mario, you should play Bug Fables. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Helyx said:

Awesome game, but the $25 asking price is probably scaring most consumers away. Even the odd $15 sale is asking a bit much in my opinion.

That's probably it. I personally think it's easily worth $25 in both quantity and quality. But with games getting more technically demanding by the day, most people probably are hesitant to buy an indie RPG for $15 or more which could easily run on sixth-generation consoles, if not fifth-generation consoles. 

I hope the game does well enough to get a sequel one day, if the developers end up wanting to do one. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I can definitely confirm the price was part of it. It might just be because I rather buy games on a sale even if i really want them, but I know I didn't pick it up until like a 25% off sale or whatever it was. 100% worthwhile purchase, honestly kind of ashamed of myself that I haven't beaten it already lmao

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just in case, if you're not interested in trophies for this game (silly I know, saying this on a trophy based site) the steam version is much cheaper, around 18 euros full price and regularly goes on sale.

Again, I know it's silly to say this here, BUT in the rare chance you just want to play the game, there's also that option.

• Like 3

On 1/26/2022 at 7:47 PM, Darghel said:

Just in case, if you're not interested in trophies for this game (silly I know, saying this on a trophy based site) the steam version is much cheaper, around 18 euros full price and regularly goes on sale.

Again, I know it's silly to say this here, BUT in the rare chance you just want to play the game, there's also that option.

It's also on Game Pass in some regions. 

• Like 3