How tough is this game?

TheSlyGCooper

I just did the ps4 version and about to do the ps5 since both are free, I would honestly rate it a 3/10. it's one of those games where floors are randomly generated and you collect resources to get stronger when you die. The only trophy that is weird is "get 10 environmental kills" since the electric floors seem not to register so use explosive barrels. In the beginning it is hard but as you get stronger you basically become Doom Slayer. Feel free to message me on psn if you have any questions while playing.

Edited by ghostrider1022
clarification
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, ghostrider1022 said:

I just did the ps4 version and about to do the ps5 since both are free, I would honestly rate it a 3/10. it's one of those games where floors are randomly generated and you collect resources to get stronger when you die. The only trophy that is weird is "get 10 environmental kills" since the electric floors seem not to register so use explosive barrels. In the beginning it is hard but as you get stronger you basically become Doom Slayer. Feel free to message me on psn if you have any questions while playing.

Thanks for the reply! 3/10 sounds very doable. How long did it take you on PS4? I'll add you on PSN. :)

7 minutes ago, TheSlyGCooper said:

Thanks for the reply! 3/10 sounds very doable. How long did it take you on PS4? I'll add you on PSN. :)

Took me about 5 days doing about 2-3 hours a night to get it. I was messing around actually enjoying the game so it could be done quicker. My one friend did it in 3 days.

Edited by ghostrider1022

On 24/11/2021 at 6:05 PM, ghostrider1022 said:

Hi ! quick question : what happens when the story is finished ? Is it possible to continue visiting the 4 levels in order to get the remaining trophies / developp our character ?

Thx

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I'd say 4/10, and that's being generous—certainly among the easier and shorter roguelites I've played, with only four levels, and meta-progression that makes you nearly unstoppable before long. In particular, carrying several maxed out Rage Serums will trivialize any combat encounter, while also providing a nice "get of jail free card" whenever situations go haywire. I prioritized upgrading health first (for ridiculous tankiness on the lower decks), and equipped a loot suit on the Serena clone to minimize farming. As for weapons, I found the Peacekeeper knife, Valkyrie bowgun, and Gravimetric Hook to be a highly effective loadout overall, since the Hook deals with annoying Weepers and Bloodhounds easily. Upgrading these first should make the game a breeze, for the most part.

Be sure to start progressing on the various kill trophies—Siren Grenade trap, environmental, Berserker, stem cell drains, etc.—from the very beginning as well, and you shouldn't have much trouble. The only somewhat tricky one for me was five kills via Swarm Droids, but I was able to pull it off by luring a couple of Engineers into a previously completed DDS room on deck 1, where there were several more enemies patrolling already. Of course, the droids were fully upgraded, and I wore an Epic level weapon suit for increased damage.

Took 16 hours and eleven clones printed, if I'm not mistaken. I was quite lucky to obtain the exact schematics I needed with minimal farming; defeated enemies seemed to drop Epic ones pretty frequently during my playthrough, which helped greatly. Unfortunately, I also lost over two hours of progress to a crash that corrupted my save, so I strongly recommend exiting the game at the beginning of each deck to create a backup. Tedious, I know, but better safe than sorry. Played it on a PS4 Pro, by the way—don't know if the PS5 version has this problem.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/24/2021 at 5:07 PM, TheSlyGCooper said:

I noticed that you platinumed it. How did you find the difficulty of it to be? I've never played any of these "roguelike" games so I'm wondering if I'm going to struggle. Some of the trophies sound very annoying.

On 25/11/2021 at 5:23 AM, TheSlyGCooper said:

Hey guys, thinking about going for the Plat in this, but I'm also juggling some other games. Most guides say 15-20 hours. How tough is the Plat? 

I got the platinum in about 21 hours. Most guides I find that I take way longer than they say but this is a rare one that was accurate. The game itself was very good fun, and while challenging, was not smash my controller to pieces difficult. The hardest things were some of the rng trophies, the last one I got was killing a creature with a hidden bomb, I spent about 3 hours running around opening cupboards to no avail then for some weird reason the trophy randomly popped when I was nowhere near anything.

11 minutes ago, MrTacoNinja said:

I noticed that you platinumed it. How did you find the difficulty of it to be? I've never played any of these "roguelike" games so I'm wondering if I'm going to struggle. Some of the trophies sound very annoying.

See my comment above :)

11 hours ago, harper2704 said:

was not smash my controller to pieces difficult

LOL! I think most of us have been there a time or two. God knows I have.

11 hours ago, harper2704 said:

The hardest things were some of the rng trophies, the last one I got was killing a creature with a hidden bomb, I spent about 3 hours running around opening cupboards to no avail

I despise shit like this. ?